Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 81

Thread: Rex is not in charge

  1. #41
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,507
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic;4826358]
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Here we go...the gate is officially open.[/QUOTE]

    No it isn't, his idiotic act has grown old.
    It's growing more desperate as posters become inured to it.

  2. #42
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    508
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mike Tannenbaum was the only football-man in the Jets organization. Now that he's gone, we have no leadership.

    Idzik clearly sucks. Might as well have Rex call the shots.

    SAR I
    To my knowledge this is the first time that anyone has referred to Tannenbaum as a "football man". The guy's an accountant and bean counter! Idzik is way more a "football man".

  3. #43
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
    To my knowledge this is the first time that anyone has referred to Tannenbaum as a "football man". The guy's an accountant and bean counter! Idzik is way more a "football man".
    I read that Henny Youngman, Jerry Lewis and Shecky Greene are all planning to tour with their new standup comedy acts this summer. Henny has a bit of a problem in that he is deceased but he feels it's a hurdle he can overcome fairly easily

  4. #44
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
    What "stage"? Revis is rehabbing and has not recovered from his injury. What do you expect the Jets to do, sign him for 4 years at $16 million a year before they know he is fully recovered? Do you expect the Jets to sign Revis at those numbers if and when he is fully recovered? Do you think any other team will trade for him before he shows he has fully recovered? The Jets are playing the Revis situation the best that they can. I personally don't feel they will do anything until the late summer at the earliest. The press does not know anything and is just trying to sell newspapers. We should all just relax about this and let Idzik do his job of getting us out of the complete and unadulterated mess that the accountant Tannenbaum put us in.
    This makes too much sense.

  5. #45
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,388
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Tanny's lack of football knowledge created a vacuum. Nature abhors a vacuum. Rex Ryan filled it. This dynamic will no longer be in place.

    Anyone who thinks Tanny was a 'football guy' knows less about football than Tanny did.
    Mike Tannenbaum maneuvered the salary cap adeptly, kept us competitive, and created a team that averaged 9.5 wins per season with a healthy quarterback from 1997-2010 and it wasn't by accident.

    Woody Johnson had him grab every free agent on the market to sell PSL's, eventually the price had to be paid for getting to two AFCCG's and reloading and failing. We got old, we got expensive, we all knew it was coming.

    SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 03-05-2013 at 09:01 PM.

  6. #46
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,388
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    No it isn't, his idiotic act has grown old.
    You be quiet my little bear.

    SAR I

  7. #47
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,388
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post

    It's growing more desperate as posters become inured to it.
    Put your footie pajamas on. It's bedtime, sweetie.

    SAR I

  8. #48
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,388
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
    To my knowledge this is the first time that anyone has referred to Tannenbaum as a "football man". The guy's an accountant and bean counter! Idzik is way more a "football man".
    Idzik was the last kid chosen for dodgeball, has a resume that only a desperate team would love.

    SAR I

  9. #49
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,720
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mike Tannenbaum maneuvered the salary cap adeptly, kept us competitive, and created a team that averaged 9.5 wins per season with a healthy quarterback from 1997-2010 and it wasn't by accident.

    Woody Johnson had him grab every free agent on the market to sell PSL's, eventually the price had to be paid for getting to two AFCCG's and reloading and failing. We got old, we got expensive, we all knew it was coming.

    SAR I

    This is the exact opposite of a GM maneuvering the salary cap adeptly. If he did it so well, why is he gone?
    Last edited by ASG0531; 03-05-2013 at 09:26 PM.

  10. #50
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,388
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    This is the exact opposite of a GM maneuvering the salary cap adeptly. If he did it so well, why is he gone?
    He did it well for 5 years as GM, did it for 5 more years under Parcells, got pinched for the last 2.

    If God came down and said that the price we had to pay for getting to consecutive AFC Championship Games and 60 minutes away from the Super Bowl with a fair chance to win both games was to suffer three or four losing season thereafter, we'd take that gamble in a heartbeat.

    Idzik can only hope to be as good, get us 9.5 wins per season for a decade, build a team capable of getting to the Super Bowl for a few of 'em.

    SAR I

  11. #51
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    672
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Idzik was the last kid chosen for dodgeball, has a resume that only a desperate team would love.

    SAR I
    You try too hard, bub. LOL

  12. #52
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,593
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Oofus View Post
    Mike T a football man? lol Mike T SUCKS, he is the reason the Jets are in the situation they're in and I know you're of the mindset because you hate Rex so by default Mike T is your guy lol.
    All teams go through cycles with their cap situation, the Giants are also going through it this year, but nobody is talking about it.

    Tannenbaum had a plan and a window, the team made it to two AFCCG's, didn't quite reach the goal, but came close, the plan included this strip down that Idzik is now running, but the problem is, the media and fan base wouldn't let him continue.

    Maybe Idzik does a good job, I think it was a very good hire, but Mike T didn't suck, and we don't know about Idzik yet.

  13. #53
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,720
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    He did it well for 5 years as GM, did it for 5 more years under Parcells, got pinched for the last 2.

    If God came down and said that the price we had to pay for getting to consecutive AFC Championship Games and 60 minutes away from the Super Bowl with a fair chance to win both games was to suffer three or four losing season thereafter, we'd take that gamble in a heartbeat.

    Idzik can only hope to be as good, get us 9.5 wins per season for a decade, build a team capable of getting to the Super Bowl for a few of 'em.

    SAR I
    Wow, so you are completely in favor of Tannenbaum's team-building strategy that ultimately cost him his job. Tanny gambled, and lost. The problem is Tanny gambled hard enough to cost Idzik many chips to play next season. He has to re-build his bankroll because Tanny left him with virtually nothing, except for a 100K chip in Revis.

    Idzik will be playing at the 2-4 limit tables for a while because Tanny lost at 25-50 no limit. If he's smart, he'll build a new bankroll and play smartly for longer-term success.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 03-05-2013 at 10:36 PM.

  14. #54
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,593
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Idzik was the last kid chosen for dodgeball, has a resume that only a desperate team would love.

    SAR I



  15. #55
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,388
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Wow, so you are completely in favor of Tannenbaum's team-building strategy that ultimately cost him his job. Tanny gambled, and lost. The problem is Tanny gambled hard enough to cost Idzik many chips to play next season. He has to re-build his bankroll because Tanny left him with virtually nothing, except for a 100K chip in Revis.

    Idzik will be playing at the 2-4 limit tables for a while because Tanny lost at 25-50 no limit. If he's smart, he'll build a new bankroll and play smartly for longer-term success.
    All I know is that if we had to give credit to a single person in the Jets organization for getting us within 60 minutes of the Super Bowl in consecutive seasons, an 18-4 run along the way, and key victories over the NFL's elite teams, it's Mike Tannenbaum.

    He gave Woody Johnson the horses to get the PSL's sold, gave Rex Ryan the horses to get him close, not Mike's fault that neither Woody or Rex could seal the deal.

    Mike Tannenbaum is guilty of trying too hard. I wish I could say the same about Woody, Rex, or a single other member of the organization.

    SAR I

  16. #56
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,720
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    All I know is that if we had to give credit to a single person in the Jets organization for getting us within 60 minutes of the Super Bowl in consecutive seasons, an 18-4 run along the way, and key victories over the NFL's elite teams, it's Mike Tannenbaum.

    He gave Woody Johnson the horses to get the PSL's sold, gave Rex Ryan the horses to get him close, not Mike's fault that neither Woody or Rex could seal the deal.

    Mike Tannenbaum is guilty of trying too hard. I wish I could say the same about Woody, Rex, or a single other member of the organization.

    SAR I
    Fair enough. I understand your best interests are in the Jets' success. But you hitch wagons based on vary small samples of proven success, simply because you want to see more success so badly. And the organization may have different views from you. Idzik doesn't even have his title on the desk.

  17. #57
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,750
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Idzik was the last kid chosen for dodgeball, has a resume that only a desperate team would love.

    SAR I
    If he had drafted Matt Leinart would it make you sleep better at night?

  18. #58
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,750
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    All teams go through cycles with their cap situation, the Giants are also going through it this year, but nobody is talking about it.

    Tannenbaum had a plan and a window, the team made it to two AFCCG's, didn't quite reach the goal, but came close, the plan included this strip down that Idzik is now running, but the problem is, the media and fan base wouldn't let him continue.

    Maybe Idzik does a good job, I think it was a very good hire, but Mike T didn't suck, and we don't know about Idzik yet.
    We're way under the cap in 2014. Best thing for Idzik and Rex to do is get back to the playoffs as a wildcard 9-7 or 10-6 next yr and then playing with house money and cap money go on a big free agent spending spree.


    If the Jets even crack .500 next year it will be a coup for this organization. Right now the media and even 50% of Jets fans are acting like there is no way we don't go 1-15 next season.

  19. #59
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,507
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    He did it well for 5 years as GM, did it for 5 more years under Parcells, got pinched for the last 2.

    If God came down and said that the price we had to pay for getting to consecutive AFC Championship Games and 60 minutes away from the Super Bowl with a fair chance to win both games was to suffer three or four losing season thereafter, we'd take that gamble in a heartbeat.

    SAR I
    But somehow paying that price and Tanny having 2 losing seasons makes him not only not responsible but 'good', yet at the same time Rex is responsible, and a bad coach, for the same two years that were the price for the previous two. great logic.

  20. #60
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,388
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    But somehow paying that price and Tanny having 2 losing seasons makes him not only not responsible but 'good', yet at the same time Rex is responsible, and a bad coach, for the same two years that were the price for the previous two. great logic.
    Mike Tannenbaum was an above average NFL GM.

    Rex Ryan is an awful NFL HC.

    If the '09 and '10 Jets were good enough to win 4 road playoff games, they were good enough to win the Super Bowl. Nothing a GM could do in February. That was up to the head coach. He didn't deliver.

    SAR I

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us