Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49

Thread: Browns Dump PSL! Wonder if other teams follow suit

  1. #21
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,972
    What ever happened to just selling tickets?

    :shakescane:

  2. #22
    How it SHOULD be.

    Happy for fans of the Browns.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    What ever happened to just selling tickets?

    :shakescane:

    Bet the Islanders with they sold PSLs back in the 1980s

  4. #24
    Jets PSLs have already declined in value after just 3 seasons. Those who are selling them are selling at less than face value(most likely paid in full PSLs and they want out). Those who aren`t selling still owe and can`t really sell for a loss unless they want out. I don`t think anything else needs to be said. No one has made any profit on selling PSLs, have they? Unlikely because the Jets still have PSLs available at face value. Plus the Jets have reduced costs on many of them. Declining in value all around. Facts are facts. Ticket sales are another game. Fans who don`t want to pay for PSLs will pay a higher price for a game or 2. Has nothing to do with the value of a PSL.

  5. #25
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    Jets PSLs have already declined in value after just 3 seasons. Those who are selling them are selling at less than face value(most likely paid in full PSLs and they want out). Those who aren`t selling still owe and can`t really sell for a loss unless they want out. I don`t think anything else needs to be said. No one has made any profit on selling PSLs, have they? Unlikely because the Jets still have PSLs available at face value. Plus the Jets have reduced costs on many of them. Declining in value all around. Facts are facts. Ticket sales are another game. Fans who don`t want to pay for PSLs will pay a higher price for a game or 2. Has nothing to do with the value of a PSL.
    Not this again.

    Only 14,333 human beings on this planet have Jets PSL's.

    Last time we checked, the most popular PSL re-sale sites AND Craigslist AND even eBay combined had less than 600 people selling PSL's, and as many as 30% of them were going for face value or higher.

    The proof is out there. No need for guessing. There is no controversy over the data or the truth:

    Ain't no PSL exodus, folks. Just wealthy Jets fans enjoying their fun money.

    SAR I

  6. #26
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,184
    The Banned's endzone upper deck area in sec 349 around row 12 went up significantly in value after 2010 when those sitting nearby realized the Banned had bailed and he would no longer be stumbling up to his seats in the second quarter after having consumed two or more gallons of beer at his tailgate and vomiting on them

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    The Banned's endzone upper deck area in sec 349 around row 12 went up significantly in value after 2010 when those sitting nearby realized the Banned had bailed and he would no longer be stumbling up to his seats in the second quarter after having consumed two or more gallons of beer at his tailgate and vomiting on them
    Dude, you are stoned. I vomited 3 times in the last 23 years. Twice from having the flu and once from Sambuca(1990 SB party), which has never been consumed again. Enough of the farcical idiocy.

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,065
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    Dude, you are stoned. I vomited 3 times in the last 23 years. Twice from having the flu and once from Sambuca(1990 SB party), which has never been consumed again. Enough of the farcical idiocy.
    Want some black jelly beans?

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,184
    More Pinocchio

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Not this again.

    Only 14,333 human beings on this planet have Jets PSL's.

    Last time we checked, the most popular PSL re-sale sites AND Craigslist AND even eBay combined had less than 600 people selling PSL's, and as many as 30% of them were going for face value or higher.

    The proof is out there. No need for guessing. There is no controversy over the data or the truth:

    Ain't no PSL exodus, folks. Just wealthy Jets fans enjoying their fun money.

    SAR I
    and those 30% are still for sale. Whats your point? My point was that whatever PSLs did/do sell, are selling for less than face, which is a decline. Anything else for sale is overpriced and will not sell because people aren`t stupid. If they want a PSL, they will just buy one from the Jets at face. They aren`t going to pay above face unless they are stupid. Granted, there are stupid people out there, so maybe 1 or 2 may sell above face.

    And most of the very expensive tickets, not PSLs(coaches club for example)are selling for nearly 50% less than face. I agree there isn`t an exodus happening at this moment, but give it some time. We`ll see just how patient Jets fans are with this new era of overpaying for crap quality football.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Want some black jelly beans?
    no

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    and those 30% are still for sale. Whats your point? My point was that whatever PSLs did/do sell, are selling for less than face, which is a decline. Anything else for sale is overpriced and will not sell because people aren`t stupid. If they want a PSL, they will just buy one from the Jets at face. They aren`t going to pay above face unless they are stupid. Granted, there are stupid people out there, so maybe 1 or 2 may sell above face.

    And most of the very expensive tickets, not PSLs(coaches club for example)are selling for nearly 50% less than face. I agree there isn`t an exodus happening at this moment, but give it some time. We`ll see just how patient Jets fans are with this new era of overpaying for crap quality football.
    People chiming in to this thread seem to be stuck on viewing a PSL as an economic investment. You all just don't get it. Stop looking at it as though it were a stock, bond or future... it's not! ANd most PSL purchasers knew this fully going in. It is a prepaid ticket price increase. If you can get back more than 50 cents on the dollar after a decade, consider yourself lucky. So, if all the haters are here to thump their chests to say "I told you so", well we all knew that most PSLs would not appreciate and that they would sell for less than the original purchase price.

    It has been discussed to death.... but you guys seem to forget that PSL holders have posted that they went into this knowing all that.

    sheesh. You guys will never stop. You are obsessed and unfortunately, you seem to want to take it out on those who had enough disposable income to spend the money on PSLs. Why? Why do we anger you so much? Please.... get a fuking life already.

  13. #33
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    and those 30% are still for sale. Whats your point? My point was that whatever PSLs did/do sell, are selling for less than face, which is a decline. Anything else for sale is overpriced and will not sell because people aren`t stupid. If they want a PSL, they will just buy one from the Jets at face. They aren`t going to pay above face unless they are stupid. Granted, there are stupid people out there, so maybe 1 or 2 may sell above face.

    And most of the very expensive tickets, not PSLs(coaches club for example)are selling for nearly 50% less than face. I agree there isn`t an exodus happening at this moment, but give it some time. We`ll see just how patient Jets fans are with this new era of overpaying for crap quality football.
    Last time I checked, 600 PSL owners out of 14,333 is 4%, not 30%.

    SAR I

  14. #34
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,184
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post

    And most of the very expensive tickets, not PSLs(coaches club for example)are selling for nearly 50% less than face. I agree there isn`t an exodus happening at this moment, but give it some time. We`ll see just how patient Jets fans are with this new era of overpaying for crap quality football.
    fortunately SOOTH doesn't charge us to read and post here at the best Jets message board on the planet otherwise it would be awful to live in the era of overpaying for The Banned's crap quality daily illiterate diatribes about everything.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    People chiming in to this thread seem to be stuck on viewing a PSL as an economic investment. You all just don't get it. Stop looking at it as though it were a stock, bond or future... it's not! ANd most PSL purchasers knew this fully going in. It is a prepaid ticket price increase. If you can get back more than 50 cents on the dollar after a decade, consider yourself lucky. So, if all the haters are here to thump their chests to say "I told you so", well we all knew that most PSLs would not appreciate and that they would sell for less than the original purchase price.

    It has been discussed to death.... but you guys seem to forget that PSL holders have posted that they went into this knowing all that.

    sheesh. You guys will never stop. You are obsessed and unfortunately, you seem to want to take it out on those who had enough disposable income to spend the money on PSLs. Why? Why do we anger you so much? Please.... get a fuking life already.

    You hit the nail right on the head and certainly with whom you're replying directly to.

    We all have different reasons as to why we did or didn't buy a PSL or just purchasing tickets in the UD. I'd much rather there wasn't a PSL attached to the lower bowl and I'd rather have seen a lid put on the stadium but we have PSL's and we don't have a lid, but AGAIN you have the choice to either go to games or not and I wouldn't begrudge those who choose whatever they feel they want to do, need to do OR must do when it comes to anything Jets so don't try to tell me what I should or shouldn't do because I don't give a rat's ass what anybody thinks.

    I work for my money and don't appreciate anyone trying to tell me how to spend it or what to do with it. I could have easily stopped going to games after the old joint was demolished but why should I stop doing something I've enjoyed doing since the last few games at Shea?

    I've had a lot of fun tailgating, meeting people and just partying in the lot over the years and seeing I passed that "tradition" if you will along to my son who's been going to games for quite a few years now, so why wouldn't I afford him the same fun/memories of going to games like his dad has?

    For me there is nothing better then going to a game with your son



    I too like you, didn't go into blind and not knowing what we were getting into and it's the furthest thing from an "investment" but like anything else in the world we live....things become more expensive ie: gas, food, travel, movies, we're even paying more for medical benefits so why wouldn't any sort of entertainment? which football is so it's par for the course in the world we live in today.

    I think though if someone is able to stop doing something on their own accord or terms it's easier to deal with rather then having it be taken away prematurely and not having a say be it a relationship or in this case season tickets which I think is the case here.

    Whatever floats your boat applies but don't go trying to submarine mine because it won't happen

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Section 224B View Post
    You hit the nail right on the head and certainly with whom you're replying directly to.

    We all have different reasons as to why we did or didn't buy a PSL or just purchasing tickets in the UD. I'd much rather there wasn't a PSL attached to the lower bowl and I'd rather have seen a lid put on the stadium but we have PSL's and we don't have a lid, but AGAIN you have the choice to either go to games or not and I wouldn't begrudge those who choose whatever they feel they want to do, need to do OR must do when it comes to anything Jets so don't try to tell me what I should or shouldn't do because I don't give a rat's ass what anybody thinks.

    I work for my money and don't appreciate anyone trying to tell me how to spend it or what to do with it. I could have easily stopped going to games after the old joint was demolished but why should I stop doing something I've enjoyed doing since the last few games at Shea?

    I've had a lot of fun tailgating, meeting people and just partying in the lot over the years and seeing I passed that "tradition" if you will along to my son who's been going to games for quite a few years now, so why wouldn't I afford him the same fun/memories of going to games like his dad has?

    For me there is nothing better then going to a game with your son



    I too like you, didn't go into blind and not knowing what we were getting into and it's the furthest thing from an "investment" but like anything else in the world we live....things become more expensive ie: gas, food, travel, movies, we're even paying more for medical benefits so why wouldn't any sort of entertainment? which football is so it's par for the course in the world we live in today.

    I think though if someone is able to stop doing something on their own accord or terms it's easier to deal with rather then having it be taken away prematurely and not having a say be it a relationship or in this case season tickets which I think is the case here.

    Whatever floats your boat applies but don't go trying to submarine mine because it won't happen
    Great post!
    Thank you!
    I sure hope your words don't fall on deaf ears.

  17. #37
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Great post!
    Thank you!
    I sure hope your words don't fall on deaf ears.
    Cost of pack-a-day smoker per year: $4,200

    Cost of pet dog per year: $2,400

    Cost of morning coffee & bagel per year: $2,000

    Cost of morning newspaper per year: $912

    Cost of my PSL's per year: $466

    Let Nike and Band go create a thread about the "stupidity" and "waste" of cigarette smoking, get some real outrage going. A pack-a-day smoker could own 2 PSL seats at $62,000 each for what they'll spend killing themselves over 30 years.

    Let Nike and Band go shoot their dogs, it's outrageous how they'll cost them $72,000 over 30 years. That's a rip-off. What douche came up with that idea as a business model? That's a really bad investment. That's a set of 4 PSL seats at $18,000 each right there.

    SAR I

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Last time I checked, 600 PSL owners out of 14,333 is 4%, not 30%.

    SAR I
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    and as many as 30% of them were going for face value or higher.
    SAR I
    this is what I was talking about.

  19. #39
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Third Stone From The Sun
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by Section 224B View Post
    You hit the nail right on the head and certainly with whom you're replying directly to.

    We all have different reasons as to why we did or didn't buy a PSL or just purchasing tickets in the UD. I'd much rather there wasn't a PSL attached to the lower bowl and I'd rather have seen a lid put on the stadium but we have PSL's and we don't have a lid, but AGAIN you have the choice to either go to games or not and I wouldn't begrudge those who choose whatever they feel they want to do, need to do OR must do when it comes to anything Jets so don't try to tell me what I should or shouldn't do because I don't give a rat's ass what anybody thinks.

    I work for my money and don't appreciate anyone trying to tell me how to spend it or what to do with it. I could have easily stopped going to games after the old joint was demolished but why should I stop doing something I've enjoyed doing since the last few games at Shea?

    I've had a lot of fun tailgating, meeting people and just partying in the lot over the years and seeing I passed that "tradition" if you will along to my son who's been going to games for quite a few years now, so why wouldn't I afford him the same fun/memories of going to games like his dad has?

    For me there is nothing better then going to a game with your son



    I too like you, didn't go into blind and not knowing what we were getting into and it's the furthest thing from an "investment" but like anything else in the world we live....things become more expensive ie: gas, food, travel, movies, we're even paying more for medical benefits so why wouldn't any sort of entertainment? which football is so it's par for the course in the world we live in today.

    I think though if someone is able to stop doing something on their own accord or terms it's easier to deal with rather then having it be taken away prematurely and not having a say be it a relationship or in this case season tickets which I think is the case here.

    Whatever floats your boat applies but don't go trying to submarine mine because it won't happen
    BIG

  20. #40
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,184
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    this is what I was talking about.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us