Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marcus Lattimore - Take a chance?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Woah... Buffalo wasn't the only team to have a 1st round grade on him...

Anywho, Lattimore may go in the third but probably fourth would be my guess...
    Really? Granted it was a long time ago but I remember it being bashed at the time?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I'm wondering where Marcus Lattimore will go in the draft. There's no doubting his talent. With a player like him I wouldn't be surprised if he went in the 1st round. Nor would I be surprised if he fell to the 4th round or later. This one is difficult to predict. At what point does his draft stock equal taking the risk?
    It's funny I was saying the same thing. I wouldn't be surprised if a team surprised everyone and selected him in the 1st or 2nd round like when they did with Mcgahee and J Stewart coming off bad injuries...

He is my favorite of all the RBs, when healthy of course. He could have been an easy 1st rounder.. But he has injured both knees within the last few years and that is a risk... I would love to take him in the 3rd if there..... But weighing risk vs reward, it may be better to take someone more healthy, as this is a deep RB draft in 2nd-4th rounds.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    youtube.com/watch?v=v65Uy28qOkU&feature=youtu.be

Would take a shot in the 4th if we have extra picks via Revis or trade down......if not, the 5th
    He always looks high.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still the most talented of all the backs IMO. The only knock I have on him is he seems to go down easy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check out his elusiveness his Freshman year. Reminds me of Marshall Faulk a bit as a receiver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBT4PhDMbt8

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy goes in the 4th round probably. I wouldn't mind if the Jets were the one taking him. Any earlier is probably a reach though.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If i'm the jets i pick him in the 3rd. If i'm a team with a late second I'd probable take him there. There hasn't been a a RB that dominant in the SEC for a while. Much better than Richardson or Ingram. There were a lot of future pro players in that highlight reel on 'Bama, UGA and Florida he was running over.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not taking him before the 4th rd.. Theres a lot of people who don't even think he will be drafted. Cause he will need a yr to come back..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Not taking him before the 4th rd.. Theres a lot of people who don't even think he will be drafted. Cause he will need a yr to come back..
    The year off is not an issue for the jets, or for other teams whose superbowl chances next year are minimal. If he's there in the 4th, that's great for whoever grabs him, i don't think he will be though. There's always one team willing to gamble. A low 1 or mid 2 wouldn't surprise me. I think a low 2 or mid 3 would be appropriate.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah. Lattimore is worth it. I'd even blow a 4th-7th on him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pray he's there in the 5th and jump

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    4th round or later I'd gamble on him. He was an absolute stud when healthy, and really, compare him to other late round RBs who've busted for us in recent years -- McKnight, Powell, Conner... None of those guys can hold Lattimore's jock.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just to be clear, I'm asking at what point in our draft is picking Lattimore worth the risk. I'm also curious where people think he'll go overall.

A sidenote: Didn't Willis McGahee have the same injury?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_wPOfTGegA
    not multiple times.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post
    not multiple times.
    Here's some interesting history:

At Miami University in 2001 they signed a RB by the name of Frank Gore. As a true freshman, Gore, in limited time, was the Big East's freshman of the year after averaging 9.3 yards a carry. Gore actually beat out Najeh Davenport for the backup role, who ended up as a backup to Dorsey Levens in Green Bay.

The starter for Miami that season was Clinton Portis, who came out after his Junior year and due to the fact that Gore was likely going to take his job.

During spring practice in 2002, Gore tore his ACL.

Next man up was a RB by the name of Willis McGahee.

In 2002, McGahee ran for nearly 1800 yards, with his season coming to the end it did when his knee got destroyed in a very similar way to Lattimore.

Gore regained his starting job the following season.

Gore and McGahee have both had both ACLs done if I'm correct. Gore is a top 5-8 RB in the NFL.

McGahee is still going strong if he can rebound from the season ender this year.

My point is:

A) Miami had incredible luck with RB's in the late 1990's/early 2000's.
    B) There's honestly some serious proof that Lattimore will come back pretty damned well.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the past 10 years, we've watched this team take 1st-round chances with a workout warrior (D-Rob), a one-dimensional player with questionable football IQ (Gholston) and an inexperienced late-riser (Sanchez). These moves killed a team that was on the cusp several times in that 10-year stretch.

If we're talking about a 4th-round risk on the unquestioned top back in college football - who will be motivated beyond belief...where the F do I sign?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This team threw away a 4th round pick on Tim Tebow, they could easily make up for that using a 4th and taking Lattimore.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    In the past 10 years, we've watched this team take 1st-round chances with a workout warrior (D-Rob), a one-dimensional player with questionable football IQ (Gholston) and an inexperienced late-riser (Sanchez). These moves killed a team that was on the cusp several times in that 10-year stretch.

If we're talking about a 4th-round risk on the unquestioned top back in college football - who will be motivated beyond belief...where the F do I sign?
    I think he goes long before the 4th round though... still signing up in the 2nd?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think he goes long before the 4th round though... still signing up in the 2nd?
    This thread is appearing askew in my browser in comparison to the rest of threads.

Wats up with that Southside? If i have to drop the hammer for avatar restrictions, im gonna be a angry camper.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    We can't afford to take any chances.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    This thread is appearing askew in my browser in comparison to the rest of threads.

Wats up with that Southside? If i have to drop the hammer for avatar restrictions, im gonna be a angry camper.
    It's bad programming. There's a broken tag... usually URL... in this case 24 quotes King Koopa's post which has a bad link to a Youtube video and it fkd everything up. If we keep posting though we'll get to page 3 and it will go away.

I'll help Sooth code his site properly for Mod privileges of course... or I'll settle for Ruby never getting to become mod. His choice.