Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 56 of 56

Thread: Idzik Speaks On Tebow

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    He had 40 or whatever wildcat plays that were created by and called by Tony "I'm a frakking Clueless Moron" Sparano, so what do you expect ?

    Here's a shocker for ya. Even back at Florida, taking the snap and running right into the line would result in perhaps 2-4 yards most of the time. Then again, Urban Meyer is a much better and much smarter coach than Sparano, which would explain why Meyer only called such plays in short yardage situations. Need 1-2 yards for a TD or a first down ? Run Power O, fake the Jet sweep and have Tebow take it up the middle.

    Where Tebow can actually get some decent yardage on runs is when he hits the edge on an option play. Mike McCoy is hardly an offensive genius, but even he figured that one out, unlike Sparano.

    Simple fact is, Sparano told anyone who would listen that HE brought the Wildcat to the NFL. That isn't even close to the truth. The Wildcat came from Dan Henning and David Lee. Sparano was completely clueless running the Wildcat and he definitely doesn't know **** about Option or Spread Option.
    +n^i

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    He had 40 or whatever wildcat plays that were created by and called by Tony "I'm a frakking Clueless Moron" Sparano, so what do you expect ?

    Here's a shocker for ya. Even back at Florida, taking the snap and running right into the line would result in perhaps 2-4 yards most of the time. Then again, Urban Meyer is a much better and much smarter coach than Sparano, which would explain why Meyer only called such plays in short yardage situations. Need 1-2 yards for a TD or a first down ? Run Power O, fake the Jet sweep and have Tebow take it up the middle.

    Where Tebow can actually get some decent yardage on runs is when he hits the edge on an option play. Mike McCoy is hardly an offensive genius, but even he figured that one out, unlike Sparano.

    Simple fact is, Sparano told anyone who would listen that HE brought the Wildcat to the NFL. That isn't even close to the truth. The Wildcat came from Dan Henning and David Lee. Sparano was completely clueless running the Wildcat and he definitely doesn't know **** about Option or Spread Option.
    You do realize you're wasting your breath on an intellect who thinks Tebow is to blame for our offensive woes last season, right?

  3. #43

    Tebow the goose.

    Tebow n fans are like this goose. Damn thing just wont go away. Poor dog I'd equate to Sanchez and Jet fans not part of the Tebow clan. The guy is Rex n Idzik. Rex seems to be doing a decent job of keeping Tebow at bay but hopefully Idzik drives the boat away really soon.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OStX_wrWGg

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I love how you neglect to mention that Tebow also had 32 rushing attempts under center last season while playing in 12 games. Thats a minimum of 40 wildcat plays in a 12 game span where Tebow shat himself.

    "Tebow nevah played for da jets last years" - Go back to a Pats messageboard troll unless you're banned from there.
    And Sanchez had 453 pass attempts and 22 rushing attempts. My only point was that the offense sucked on its own merit, and had nothing to do with the OC brainlessly tossing Tebow in for a snap here and there. Sanchez never had a "rhythm" to be broken. I've actually heard some people blame the TEN game on Sparano because Sanchez "lost his rhythm" when Tebow was put in. They scored 10 effin points.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 03-06-2013 at 11:11 AM.

  5. #45
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Have you seen Sackchez throw the ball ???
    So whats your point? By Sanchez also being a bad fit for the WCO that somehow makes Tebow suck less??

    Tebow in a WCO is like playing Bart Scott at CB.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    So whats your point? By Sanchez also being a bad fit for the WCO that somehow makes Tebow suck less??

    Tebow in a WCO is like playing Bart Scott at CB.
    LOL. We're doomed.

  7. #47
    So taking out Sanchez once every 8-10 offensive plays was supposed to help the offense? Amazing how no one else in the NFL plays a 2-QB sytem except the Jets. Not even the Jacksonville Jaguars did it with Blaine Gabbert. And btw nobody else wants Tebow. I guess they're all stupid.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    So whats your point? By Sanchez also being a bad fit for the WCO that somehow makes Tebow suck less??

    Tebow in a WCO is like playing Bart Scott at CB.
    No dude the WCO is similar to the spread offense Tebow ran in the NFL or sumpin like that.



    Seriously, these Tebow fans' lack of knowledge is nauseating.

  9. #49
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,766
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Trade him or keep him, but I wouldn't release him. It might be interesting to if/how Marty Mornhinweg would use him.
    Hey, have Tom Rathman meet with Tebow.


    **** he's coaching with Harbaugh.

  10. #50
    Tebow is a real convenient excuse but we were doomed to suck with or without him.....The Revis, Keller, and Holmes injuries were the final nails in the coffin for 2012.

    "Mark Sanchez to Clyde Gates".....but yeah, blame Tebow

  11. #51
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The grasp of Realityville
    Posts
    3,858
    Wanting Tebow out = blaming him for our offensive woes?

    He contributed nothing to the squad. He is a needless distraction. His cult following is annoying. He's an absolutely dreadful passer and isn't open to playing another position. Why is he on the squad? The position he wants to play, he is useless at.

  12. #52
    I wouldn't be opposed to once and for all letting Tebow compete for the QB spot. But what I would like to see is finality out of it. I don't believe Tebow will ever be a good QB and it seems that the CS feels the same way. So let him compete with the caveat that if he fails to secure a roster spot as a QB, he's going to have to play what position the CS sees him fitting in best at.

    Just the same, in this TC have the CS work with him to get his throwing mechanics correct, work with him about reading defenses, looking off coverage, being able to find 2nd, 3rd, and 4th options on the field, having a pocket presence, etc.. In other words, give him all of the coaching that you would any potential QB and then let the chips fall where they may.

  13. #53
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I wouldn't be opposed to once and for all letting Tebow compete for the QB spot. But what I would like to see is finality out of it. I don't believe Tebow will ever be a good QB and it seems that the CS feels the same way. So let him compete with the caveat that if he fails to secure a roster spot as a QB, he's going to have to play what position the CS sees him fitting in best at.

    Just the same, in this TC have the CS work with him to get his throwing mechanics correct, work with him about reading defenses, looking off coverage, being able to find 2nd, 3rd, and 4th options on the field, having a pocket presence, etc.. In other words, give him all of the coaching that you would any potential QB and then let the chips fall where they may.
    That would be a waste of 2.5 million dollars. You can get 3 vet minimum players for that amount. There is no benefit to keeping Tebow on this roster, NONE.

  14. #54
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    7,807
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    That would be a waste of 2.5 million dollars. You can get 3 vet minimum players for that amount. There is no benefit to keeping Tebow on this roster, NONE.
    yeah except he is the best qb on our current roster other than that your right..

  15. #55
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The grasp of Realityville
    Posts
    3,858
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    yeah except he is the best qb on our current roster other than that your right..
    He really isn't. But even so, that means what? He's still horrific.. Still making 2.5 million.. Still a brutal fit for the offense.

  16. #56
    Anyone who can't see that Tebow's presence is a distraction to the team either despises the Jets or knows nothing about sports.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us