Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Idzik Speaks On Tebow

so basically tim tebow can be our starting qb on opening day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    so basically tim tebow can be our starting qb on opening day.
    Nope, lol. We'll probably sign Garrard, and he's light years ahead of Failbow.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    We probably will.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    yea ok rocking chair years maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    But why pay him 2.58 million to do so? Makes no sense to keep him just because you couldnt trade him.
    Well I would agree with you if we could sign an adequate presence at QB for his salary. Which of the QBs do you feel fit that salary number? Quite frankly I don't see Tebow winning any type of competition in training camp or practices. I'd be curious to see what he's been doing about his throwing mechanics before I said that definitively, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    We probably will.
    Wouldn't surprise me at all. From what I heard, things looked pretty good. Not a definite deal or anything, but it seems more likely than not that Garrard will be a Jet. He'll instantly be the best QB on the roster, too.

Tebow's getting cut and never playing another down in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    yea ok rocking chair years maybe.
    Good comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    I'm seriously considering throwing a giant party when we cut this clown because it will mean I'll never hear him mentioned with the Jets in the same sentence ever again. It's completely hilarious that journalists are still writing articles about this doofus.
    +1

I cannot wait for this dark chapter in Jets history to finally be over.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    No. Tebow is not a PS player. He is a backup getting paid millions. He will be treated differently.

And I do agree with you. The comment about him being "currently" on the roster is a bit of a hint. I think he will be gone one way or another.
    I'm hoping this is just window dressing by Idzik to try to make Tebow trade bait. Otherwise if Failbow is on the roster next season eating up $2.5 mil in cap room to embarass himself as a backup/wildcat qb I might end up becoming a Giants fan.

What does Woody Johnson think of when he sees his boy Tebow in a Jet uniform? He cannot be thinking anything but that this was an enormous mistake on his part and an embarassment.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    +1

I cannot wait for this dark chapter in Jets history to finally be over.
    The Jets are going through a "dark chapter" but do you really think it's all Tebow's fault? Tebow is maybe #50 on the reasons for the Jets' fall the past two years.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    The Jets are going through a "dark chapter" but do you really think it's all Tebow's fault? Tebow is maybe #50 on the reasons for the Jets' fall the past two years.
    I get it it has to either be all Tebow's fault or he was just an innocent bystander through all this that Woody innocently traded for. It can't be that Tebow and this idiotic trade hurt this team and turned it into a joke and a media circus.

Tebow and Woody turned this team into a circus last off-season creating an insane distraction and then to top it all off anytime our offense had any momentum last season Sparano and Rex had to take Sanchez off the field and put in Tebow to run the lame wildcat and get 2 yards and dust. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The WCO is probably the worst offense you could put Tebow in. His accuracy is abysmal.
    Have you seen Sackchez throw the ball ???

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    How BAD must Tebow be if that is Revis' response to those two qusetions?
    Gee, someone who calls himself revischrist hangs on everything Revis says as gospel. I NEVER WOULD HAVE GUESSED THAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Have you seen Sackchez throw the ball ???
    Have you ever seen Tim Tebow throw a football?

Forget about accuracy Tebow has a side-arm delivery which worked in Florida and Denver to an extent because he was always in shotgun. In WCO Tebow would always be under center throwing that side-arm sh*t will get constantly tipped, batted down or picked.

I get it it has to either be all Tebow's fault or he was just an innocent bystander through all this that Woody innocently traded for. It can't be that Tebow and this idiotic trade hurt this team and turned it into a joke and a media circus.

Tebow and Woody turned this team into a circus last off-season creating an insane distraction and then to top it all off anytime our offense had any momentum last season Sparano and Rex had to take Sanchez off the field and put in Tebow to run the lame wildcat and get 2 yards and dust. Awesome.

They were the 30th ranked offense. Tebow had 8 attempts under center last year. If Tebow is a convenient excuse, fine, but the Jets offense sucked and it had nothing to do with Tebow. Please find these momentum series Sanchez had last season.

Rex and Sanchez turned this team into a circus last season creating an incompetent offense, a slow D that got gashed repeatedly, pedestrian STs, and then to top it all off the rare few times our offense gave glimmers of production last season Sanchez pulled another of his usual boneheaded, soon to be a career-backup, idiotic plays. Awesome.
    I'm not a Tebow guy by any sense of the imagination, but if you wanna assign blame properly, I helped fix your second paragraph so that it reads for accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Big cans have something to be said for them as well

Ljr

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Tebow had 8 attempts under center last year.
    I love how you neglect to mention that Tebow also had 32 rushing attempts under center last season while playing in 12 games. Thats a minimum of 40 wildcat plays in a 12 game span where Tebow shat himself.

"Tebow nevah played for da jets last years" - Go back to a Pats messageboard troll unless you're banned from there.

I love how you neglect to mention that Tebow also had 32 rushing attempts under center last season while playing in 12 games. Thats a minimum of 40 wildcat plays in a 12 game span where Tebow shat himself.

"Tebow nevah played for da jets last years" - Go back to a Pats messageboard troll unless you're banned from there.

He had 40 or whatever wildcat plays that were created by and called by Tony "I'm a frakking Clueless Moron" Sparano, so what do you expect ?

Here's a shocker for ya. Even back at Florida, taking the snap and running right into the line would result in perhaps 2-4 yards most of the time. Then again, Urban Meyer is a much better and much smarter coach than Sparano, which would explain why Meyer only called such plays in short yardage situations. Need 1-2 yards for a TD or a first down ? Run Power O, fake the Jet sweep and have Tebow take it up the middle.

Where Tebow can actually get some decent yardage on runs is when he hits the edge on an option play. Mike McCoy is hardly an offensive genius, but even he figured that one out, unlike Sparano.

Simple fact is, Sparano told anyone who would listen that HE brought the Wildcat to the NFL. That isn't even close to the truth. The Wildcat came from Dan Henning and David Lee. Sparano was completely clueless running the Wildcat and he definitely doesn't know **** about Option or Spread Option.