Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Brian Costello: Mark Sanchez began working out with Jeff Garcia today in Calif.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    If the fans here feel that Tebow is not an upgrade to Mark then yes it is perfectly fine to dump on Tebow. The dude cant throw. Sorry if that upsets you but its true. His accuracy sucks, his decision making sucks, and his ability to read a defense sucks. Sounds a lot like Sanchez right?? Well that's the point. You don't substitute a crappy QB with another crappy QB for the sake of change. Couple all of this with his retarded fanbase screaming "Give him a chance, he was super duper awesome in college!!!!" left and right, and posters got very hostile towards him and the idea of him starting. However, they were pretty justified. The discussions regarding Tebow never involved intelligent discussion. It was simply "Just give him a shot" "He's better in games, so practice doesn't count" or "He cant possibly be any worse than Mark so why not?!". Sorry but that's not how the NFL works.

Unlike Greg, we knew what we had with Tim based off of his horrible practices and his play last year. It wasn't anything good. Its not that no one would have supported him, the player, but we sure as hell wouldn't have supported the decision to start him simply because we all knew nothing would change. As far as Greg was concerned, there wasn't a ton of dumping on McElroy, it was mostly people trying to keep into perspective what his ceiling was and why. There is nothing wrong with that. People were hopeful that maybe he could turn into something nice, but they weren't expecting it.

As far as Sanchez goes, I will support him if he wins the job. If Garrard/Quinn/McElroy/Rookie QB wins? I'll support them too. But almost making a Super Bowl with Mark does count for something whether you like it or not. Two AFC championships in first two years because of HIS PLAY in the playoffs DOES count for something. I still hope THAT guy can emerge with a competent OC. But like the McElroy scenario, it's hoping, not expecting.
    You absolutely could make a crap for crap change at the QB position. It happens multiple times every season for teams like the Jets with crappy QB situations looking for a way to turn things around.

The sole reason that Mark Sanchez didnt get benched last season, has nothing to do with the 2 AFCG he took the team to, nor the thought that he would miraculously turn around his play on the field and "catch fire". Lets be real.

The only reason Mark Sanchez was left the starter was because of his gigantic, joke of a contract for the upcoming season, coupled with the absolute inability to do anything about it.

Even Mark Sanchez knew he sucked the past 2 seasons, but he, nor the coaching staff, nor the FO would ever admit what a huge mistake he has turned out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    The facts are that Sanchez tries really hard. Holds offseason camps with all of his starting WRs. A gym and film rat who is the first to arrive, last to leave. And this is the result.
    ... and has 4 playoff wins on the road and has shown flashes of becoming a good QB in the league.

... was plagued by a team severely hit by injuries on the offensive side of the ball last year. The WCO is a positive change for the Jets because it is an offense he excelled in at USC and in Mornhinweg and David Lee, Sanchez will have two very good offensive coaches whose strengths are developing QB's.

Beyond that, nobody asked you, you smarmy chowd.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    ... and has 4 playoff wins on the road and has shown flashes of becoming a good QB in the league.

... was plagued by a team severely hit by injuries on the offensive side of the ball last year. The WCO is a positive change for the Jets because it is an offense he excelled in at USC and in Mornhinweg and David Lee, Sanchez will have two very good offensive coaches whose strengths are developing QB's.

Beyond that, nobody asked you, you smarmy chowd.
    Uh huh.....and last year at this same exact time of the year it was....

"Schotty is finally gone, and Sparano will have Sanchez in a comfort zone and playing more vertically"

The proof is in the pudding, and Mark is neither Hersheys, Swiss Miss, or Cozy Shack.......Mark is a improperly set Flan, with burnt caramel sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    You absolutely could make a crap for crap change at the QB position. It happens multiple times every season for teams like the Jets with crappy QB situations looking for a way to turn things around.

The sole reason that Mark Sanchez didnt get benched last season, has nothing to do with the 2 AFCG he took the team to, nor the thought that he would miraculously turn around his play on the field and "catch fire". Lets be real.

The only reason Mark Sanchez was left the starter was because of his gigantic, joke of a contract for the upcoming season, coupled with the absolute inability to do anything about it.

Even Mark Sanchez knew he sucked the past 2 seasons, but he, nor the coaching staff, nor the FO would ever admit what a huge mistake he has turned out to be.
    I'm not disagreeing with you or saying it hasn't happened before but that really isn't addressing my point. The point was that people here bashing Tebow because there really wasn't much faith that anything would change. In fact, many here felt it could have been worse. His blind followers were the only ones who believed he'd fix things if given the chance. Making that change would have been caving to media pressure and would have been viewed by many as nothing more than a way to make a splash and sell tickets.

Yes Mark was kept in because of his contract coupled with the fact that he was drafted by Tanny. However, his experience in do or die situations probably had at least a little bit to do with it. They weren't comfortable with a 7th rounder or Tim Tebow in that scenario and that's why he wasn't benched until after the Titans game. After that game, when we were mathmatically eliminated, was when we finally saw a change. So to say that those were the only reason why is silly. He WAS benched.

"Schotty is finally gone, and Sparano will have Sanchez in a comfort zone and playing more vertically"

The proof is in the pudding, and Mark is neither Hersheys, Swiss Miss, or Cozy Shack.......Mark is a improperly set Flan, with burnt caramel sauce.
    Mark may never recover, but it's not completely out of the realm of possibility, that is the issue with the haters, SOJF's and troll Panzies from New England, everybody has an answer, there is none, and all I've suggested is that Sanchez could benefit from Mornhinweg, Lee, and the WCO, and that he does have a body of work that has shown flashes of the QB he could be.

All Pro
    Mark may never recover, but it's not completely out of the realm of possibility, that is the issue with the haters, SOJF's and troll Panzies from New England, everybody has an answer, there is none, and all I've suggested is that Sanchez could benefit from Mornhinweg, Lee, and the WCO, and that he does have a body of work that has shown flashes of the QB he could be.
    No, i completely agree. There is a chance that Sanchez may benefit from Morningwhig. In the same breathe, there may not be any improvement at all.

You can label me a SOJF, but i just think Mark is a horrible QB. Still, if he is given the nod as the starter, like his contract dictates he will be, i will find some shred of hope for him.

Im just tired of it all Ray.I want to win man. Its either that "Mark wasnt drafted to be that kind of qb", or "Mark doesnt have weapons", or numerous other reasons. Not from you per say, but all Sanchez defenders.
    I want to win BECAUSE of my QB, not in spite of him. I know that person is hard to find in this league, but i would prefer to see the team start from scratch, or pay mega $$$ for a franchise QB when one becomes available.
    Last edited by sdJETSetter; 03-07-2013 at 09:52 PM.

No, i completely agree. There is a chance that Sanchez may benefit from Morningwhig. In the same breathe, there may not be any improvement at all.

You can label me a SOJF, but i just think Mark is a horrible QB. Still, if he is given the nod as the starter, like his contract dictates he will be, i will find some shred of hope for him.

Im just tired of it all Ray.I want to win man. Its either that "Mark wasnt drafted to be that kind of qb", or "Mark doesnt have weapons", or numerous other reasons. Not from you per say, but all Sanchez defenders.
    I want to win BECAUSE of my QB, not in spite of him. I know that person is hard to find in this league, but i would prefer to see the team start from scratch, or pay mega $$$ for a franchise QB when one becomes available.
    As do I...

If Mark fails, he fails, I'm ready for the next guy to make it happen.

But we need to understand the position the team is in, with Mark, the cap, the weak crop of QB's in draft this year, though I'm a fan of Smith, Barkley, and Bray.

We need to understand there will be transition this year, but it's not at all out of the question this team can't go through a productive off-season and be competitive, and yeah, maybe we get the Sanchez of his first two years and the first 11 games of his 3rd year, and maybe even better, our offense stays ****ing healthy next year.

As do I...

But we need to understand the position the team is in, with Mark, the cap, the weak crop of QB's in draft this year, though I'm a fan of Smith, Barkley, and Bray.

We need to understand there will be transition this year, but it's not at all out of the question this team can't go through a productive off-season and be competitive, and yeah, maybe we get the Sanchez of his first two years and the first 11 games of his 3rd year, and maybe even better, our offense stays ****ing healthy next year.
    Good post Ray...nothing wrong with a Jets fan being positive...I prey/hope Sanchez can still be that guy as well....although I do have my doubts...his decision making has to get better....but lets not forget the guys at the skill positions get paid to make plays as well....too many times last year we saw WR's unable to get separation and going down and getting injured...much of that is scheme. I was a fan of Sparano coming here too, but I was sadly disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with you or saying it hasn't happened before but that really isn't addressing my point. The point was that people here bashing Tebow because there really wasn't much faith that anything would change. In fact, many here felt it could have been worse. His blind followers were the only ones who believed he'd fix things if given the chance. Making that change would have been caving to media pressure and would have been viewed by many as nothing more than a way to make a splash and sell tickets.

Yes Mark was kept in because of his contract coupled with the fact that he was drafted by Tanny. However, his experience in do or die situations probably had at least a little bit to do with it. They weren't comfortable with a 7th rounder or Tim Tebow in that scenario and that's why he wasn't benched until after the Titans game. After that game, when we were mathmatically eliminated, was when we finally saw a change. So to say that those were the only reason why is silly. He WAS benched.

Actually, Mark should have been benched much earlier in the season simply due to the fact that he sucked that badly. The first benching is a basic "wake up call." Doesn't matter who his replacement is as the point is to try and goad your "starter" into actually playing like a QB.

Lastly, NFL team standings and whether you make the playoffs or not aren't based on stats, but rather, by the Won / Loss column. In that regard, others are absolutely right when they say that it couldn't have been worse starting Tebow OR McElroy. A single loss is a single loss regardless of whom the QB is. We could put you out there, and if we lost, it would still only be one digit in the loss column.
    Last edited by Demosthenes9; 03-08-2013 at 03:36 AM.

I just can't stand to see this Sanchez kid take one more snap in an NFL game. I don't even wanna see him practice, that's how bad it is. He is terrible, and he just can't be given one more snap as the starter for this team. I don't care who the #1QB is this season, ANYBODY BUT SANCHEZ...

ANYBODY.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    We all know he tries. Problem is on the back end. He CAN play well, but he doesn't seem to fight through the problems any more. He phones it in during the first sign of struggle. His defeatist attitude this year made the offense even worse to watch.
    He has happy feet,
    Looks at his receivers, does not seem to read defenses well!

Jets Insider VIP
    As do I...

And what Super Bowl did Mark take us to when he had all the pieces? He was somewhat average. Is that good enough to win a SB these days? That is why we play the game!

All Pro

No he was left as the starter, because we had no backups. I agree the contract extension was beyond ridiculous, but so was the depth chart. Did you happen to watch the game he didn't start? If Tanny didn't trade for Tebow, and had kept Stanton, he would have been the starter after week 5, and we would have made the playoffs. In hindsight then we would probably still have trader Mike, and Shady so it may be a blessing in disguise.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    He has happy feet,
    Looks at his receivers, does not seem to read defenses well!
    The happy feet, and more importantly the double clutching are due to the fact that he can't see the whole field. Teams learned to bait him, and watch him stare down receivers, and have roaming safety, or a db jump off their man. So Sanchez rightfully so, questions his own judgement. A lot of this comes from trying to turn a gunslinger into a game manager, which is why he was better before he got experience in Shottie's school of QBing. He needed to play lose and play through the INTs throwing high risk/reward passes. Most of his interceptions come on check downs which is the most pathetic, and dangerous thing, because they lead to pick six's, and no payoff if they are completed. I'm not comparing his skill to Farve, but this is the type of QB he should have been. Farve refused to run Shottie's offense, because he's a gambler, and you need to go all in to get a payoff. You cannot play it safe. I doubt any of this is correctable at this point, but it was coaching that led to this basket case you see on the field.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Quote Originally Posted by LEVYMAN View Post
    [During Sanchez's training with Garcia, he's in an another world, haunted by the butt fumble from the Thanksgiving night Patriots game; Garcia lands some practice hooks]
    Garcia: He's hooking. He's hooking. He's hooking! Damn, Sanchez, Come on! What's the matter with you?
    Mark Sanchez: Tomorrow. Let's do it tomorrow.
    Garcia: [Screaming] There is no tomorrow! THERE IS NO TOMORROW! THERE IS NO TOMORROW!

[Eva Longoria, deeply concerned, walks towards Sanzhez on the beach]
    Eva: Can I talk to you? I wanna ask you something important, and I want you to tell me the truth.
    Mark Sanchez: What?
    Eva: Why'd you come here?
    Mark Sanchez: I just don't want it no more.
    Eva: If it's over because you want it to be over, I'm glad.
    Sanzhez: I do.
    Eva: It's just... you never quit anything since I known you.
    Sanzhez: I don't know what you want me to say. I mean, what happened? How did everything that was so good get so bad?
    Eva: What's so bad? Tell me, what?
    Sanzhez: I wrecked everything by not thinking for myself. I mean, why couldn't Rexy tell me where I really at right from the start? He didn't have to carry me and lie to me and make me think I was better than I really was when I wasn't.

Garcia: Now, when you played your first year, you had that eye of the tiger, man; the edge! And now you gotta get it back, and the way to get it back is to go back to the beginning. You know what I mean?

Garcia: See that look in their eyes, Mark? You gotta get that look back, Mark. Eye of the tiger, man.

Queue eye of the tiger music and Sanchez throwing and running on the beach with Garcia!!!
    Wahoo, love the Rocky III analogy!

But, as all Jets fans know, if Rocky was a Jet, he loses the 2nd fight to Clubber Lang in a most depressing manner. Probably starting out winning the 1st round and then slipping and getting pummeled to a bloody mess, saved by the bell for several rounds right when he was gonna' fall, his fans believing he can still get that miracle knock out for the win, then get brutally knocked out right before the last round's bell. That's when Eva leaves Rocko at the ringside and Mark wakes up with strange itches, fluids, and tiny creatures in his shorts.

Then again, if Balboa was a Jet, he doesn't (1) get the 1st shot against Apollo, and if he did, losing in a rousing, never-give-up manner like Balboa did in the 1st fight will match up with Jets history, but if so, instead of winning a close call in the rematch, he would (2) lose the 2nd fight with Apollo in a most painful, and somewhat baffling manner.

By the time he faced Drago, he wouldn't even get the shot, as he's probably be a crack bum on the street with brain damage sharing needles with Spider Rico.

Man, it sucks to be a Jet fan. Keep in mind, I'm a fairly optimistic person... but... man... 30+ years of this stuff....
    Last edited by ChrisChrusher#40; 03-08-2013 at 12:51 PM.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    The happy feet, and more importantly the double clutching are due to the fact that he can't see the whole field. Teams learned to bait him, and watch him stare down receivers, and have roaming safety, or a db jump off their man. So Sanchez rightfully so, questions his own judgement. A lot of this comes from trying to turn a gunslinger into a game manager, which is why he was better before he got experience in Shottie's school of QBing. He needed to play lose and play through the INTs throwing high risk/reward passes. Most of his interceptions come on check downs which is the most pathetic, and dangerous thing, because they lead to pick six's, and no payoff if they are completed. I'm not comparing his skill to Farve, but this is the type of QB he should have been. Farve refused to run Shottie's offense, because he's a gambler, and you need to go all in to get a payoff. You cannot play it safe. I doubt any of this is correctable at this point, but it was coaching that led to this basket case you see on the field.
    When we drafter Sanchez, I was thrilled we got this talented QB with a winning personality, and scared to death that Schotty was going to ruin him.

When we FINALLY fired Schotty, I was worried that Sparano's offense was too vanilla to confuse today's modern defenses, that Wayne Hunter was going to get him killed, and that Mark's confidence was totally wrecked by the bad habits he learned in Schotty's era and the fact that he didn't have enough weapons, but that using Sanchez AND Tebow in a dymanic, 2-QB offense using a lot of motion and Tebow running/throwing from the HB slot, that he could overcome. That didn't happen and Mark clearly regressed from his patehtic serason before. I kept thinking they needed to demote him to save the season and either find a better QB or go back to him hoping he'd wake up. Clearly, we attempted the switch too late, didn't have a backup worthy of beating him,

Now, with his 3rd OC and 2nd(?) QB coach, he has his LAST shot. The WCO may be what this kid needs, maybe it will be his demise... but regardless, it is the last shot he'll get. It's feast or famine/death for Mark now. He has the tools, he has to unlearn all the crap he learned and go back to the talented young gunslinger we saw early on. He thinks too much, doubts himself, and either misses wide open targets, or throws to the defenders. It's up to MM and crew. His last shot, or he's out.

(Sung to the final 8 lines of Mr. Grinch):

You nauseate me, Mr. 'Chez!
    With a nauseous super naus!
    You're a crooked jerky jockey,
    And you drive a crooked hoss,
    Mr. Chez!
    You remind me simply of
    An improperly set flan
    With burnt caramel SAUCE!

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    And what Super Bowl did Mark take us to when he had all the pieces? He was somewhat average. Is that good enough to win a SB these days? That is why we play the game!
    He was above average in the playoffs, when the spotlight is the brightest. He was also a rookie and 2nd year player.

You can cry about how bad he's been all you want, and in some cases that is true, but that doesn't take away from the fact, there have been times, and in the playoffs, where he has been very good.

You Sanchez haters continue to miss the point.

He was above average in the playoffs, when the spotlight is the brightest. He was also a rookie and 2nd year player.

You can cry about how bad he's been all you want, and in some cases that is true, but that doesn't take away from the fact, there have been times, and in the playoffs, where he has been very good.

Mark Sanchez had 8 games in 2012 where his completion % was sub 50%. Seems like the only one missing anything is Sanchez, as in his targets.

You know what I won't miss? Mark Sanchez when he's finally released and this team can at least have some hope going forward.

Banned

Miss what point?

Who cares what he did 3 and 4 years ago.

In his last two years, Sanchez has been the worst starting QB in the NFL, and he continues to regress.

No player in the NFL has had more turnovers than Sanchez the last two years.

He's a complete bust as a NFL starting QB.