Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 146

Thread: Brian Costello: Mark Sanchez began working out with Jeff Garcia today in Calif.

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Its not how many times you get knocked down, its how many times you get back up. Sanchez is a winner in life. Most of you hate the kid as our qb, but I love the effort.
    Sanchez being a winner in life comes at the expense of the Jets not being a winner in the NFL.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Sanchez being a winner in life comes at the expense of the Jets not being a winner in the NFL.
    I wish Sanchez was the only problem the Jets have. It takes 53 to win and 53 to lose.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Sanchez being a winner in life comes at the expense of the Jets not being a winner in the NFL.
    Sanchez tries very hard. It's the truth. The results of that effort, however, leave much to be desired.

    Last edited by John_0515; 03-06-2013 at 11:11 PM.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    I wish Sanchez was the only problem the Jets have. It takes 53 to win and 53 to lose.
    That's partial true but qb is by far the most important position on the field.. Can make a ave team very good, or a average team very bad. Look when we had a healthy Brett farve before he tore his bicept..8-3 record, then could only win 1 more game rest of the way.. Brett farve playing hurt in 08 is equally to mark Sanchez.. Just Playing...

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    That's partial true but qb is by far the most important position on the field.. Can make a ave team very good, or a average team very bad. Look when we had a healthy Brett farve before he tore his bicept..8-3 record, then could only win 1 more game rest of the way.. Brett farve playing hurt in 08 is equally to mark Sanchez.. Just Playing...
    The Jets were not even an average team last year.

  6. #86
    It's either put up or shut up for Sanchez. I don't care is Montana, Young and Marino were practicing with him. All I want to see is the guy throow for over 60% in 4 straight games. Can that happen?

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Its not how many times you get knocked down, its how many times you get back up. Sanchez is a winner in life. Most of you hate the kid as our qb, but I love the effort.
    lol winner in life for sure.. He has made millions without showing anything near his worth..getting paid huge bucks without coming close to earning it, if thats "winning" charlie sheen would bow to him..

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    lol winner in life for sure.. He has made millions without showing anything near his worth..getting paid huge bucks without coming close to earning it, if thats "winning" charlie sheen would bow to him..
    It's not Sanchez's fault he was drafted 5th. It's not his fault he was thrown into the fire. It's not his fault he has been stripped of talent. It's not his fault he had no OC. It's not his fault they have him an extension. It's not his fault Rex won't bench him.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    It's not Sanchez's fault he was drafted 5th. It's not his fault he was thrown into the fire. It's not his fault he has been stripped of talent. It's not his fault he had no OC. It's not his fault they have him an extension. It's not his fault Rex won't bench him.
    I thought you had some great sarcasm going, but waiting for the punch line at the end..sanchez apologist at heart I feel for you son.. btw sanchez cant throw either..

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    That's partial true but qb is by far the most important position on the field.. Can make a ave team very good, or a average team very bad. Look when we had a healthy Brett farve before he tore his bicept..8-3 record, then could only win 1 more game rest of the way.. Brett farve playing hurt in 08 is equally to mark Sanchez.. Just Playing...
    That's true for most offenses , simply wasn't the case in Rex's 1st 4 years of G&P. It MAY become true again with a Mornhinweg WCO though.

  11. #91
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    I thought you had some great sarcasm going, but waiting for the punch line at the end..sanchez apologist at heart I feel for you son.. btw sanchez cant throw either..
    Can you deny anything he said?

    Sanchez works hard, he just might not (probably not) have the ability to be a good QB in the NFL. If it makes everyone here feel better about themselves for rooting for this crap ass team, bash and belittle away. It is not being a "Sanchez apologist" to point out that pretending Sanchez is the root cause of the team's failures, or, even worse, that it is his personality, is just as stupid as pretending he doesn't stink. This team was built a certain way, one that didn't work out.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    That's true for most offenses , simply wasn't the case in Rex's 1st 4 years of G&P. It MAY become true again with a Mornhinweg WCO though.
    ? it would have certainly been the case.. Lets say we had farve that in 09, the year he put up career numbers and almost won mvp.. G and P and have a qb who could hit a pass when you called his number, on top of a strong D? - see baltimore this year.. qb play was certainly the difference in 09/10. we had a great G+P, great D.. but poor passer who had a major turnover problem..

    In 09 mark was so bad in a few games, he was benched.. only problem was we only had mark brunell behind him.. I dont blame sanchez for that, that was all MT. if you have a strong team and are going to try to go with a rookie qb, you better have a legit backup..

    had we had a decent qb in 09 or 10, chances of winning championship would have been much higher.. i agree its not all on mark 11/12, even if he played decent we had to many holes to go all the way..

  13. #93
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,799
    Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    Can you deny anything he said?

    Sanchez works hard, he just might not (probably not) have the ability to be a good QB in the NFL. If it makes everyone here feel better about themselves for rooting for this crap ass team, bash and belittle away. It is not being a "Sanchez apologist" to point out that pretending Sanchez is the root cause of the team's failures, or, even worse, that it is his personality, is just as stupid as pretending he doesn't stink. This team was built a certain way, one that didn't work out.
    But is OK for Mark's supporters to dump on TEBOW and McElroy at will? That is where it gets ridiculous. If one guy fails why not support the other? We are a team and a team and its fans should stick together.

    We see one alleged fan change his name to TEBOW CANT THROW! Now exactly what does that gain him? All our QBs have problems. The object is to win and get to a SB. Have we done that with Sanchez at the helm? Almosts do not count!

  14. #94
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,370
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    I wish Sanchez was the only problem the Jets have. It takes 53 to win and 53 to lose.
    That's true, but last year, QB play was #1 and the second biggest issue was not even remotely close. And we could debate what it actually was.

    If the Jets could get average QB play, they could have a chance at competing for a Wild Card. As Sanchez is probably the QB, its possible that he brings us to that level....and I'll pull for him once he gets behind Center.

    But last year was an awful pathetic display of QBing.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    That's true, but last year, QB play was #1 and the second biggest issue was not even remotely close. And we could debate what it actually was.

    If the Jets could get average QB play, they could have a chance at competing for a Wild Card. As Sanchez is probably the QB, its possible that he brings us to that level....and I'll pull for him once he gets behind Center.

    But last year was an awful pathetic display of QBing.
    Without question.

    mark was easily amongst the worst 10 QBs in the league and I cant think of who was worse.....

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Without question.

    mark was easily amongst the worst 10 QBs in the league and I cant think of who was worse.....
    His defeatist attitude made it worse. First time I felt like slapping a player.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    That's true, but last year, QB play was #1 and the second biggest issue was not even remotely close. And we could debate what it actually was.

    If the Jets could get average QB play, they could have a chance at competing for a Wild Card. As Sanchez is probably the QB, its possible that he brings us to that level....and I'll pull for him once he gets behind Center.

    But last year was an awful pathetic display of QBing.
    He was bad, but I believe the group of receivers he was working with played into the bad play.

  18. #98
    Isn't the typical scenario that a failing student seeks out a tutor to help they do just enough to pass?

    The football translation would be Garcia tutors Mark to help him do just enough to pass... and not lose his job?

    No thanks.

    Garcia go fake-chow your hot beard... errrr... wife, and leave our "D" student alone.

  19. #99
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lindenhurst NY
    Posts
    1,917
    Here the same story every offseason. Next will be Jets west 2013

  20. #100
    Trying is not good enough anymore. Calling people Sir means nothing . Saying anything except "I", not "we" next to the word sucked means nothing. I hope our new GM realizes real quick that this guy plays the part real well and is schooled in the art of deception. Thank god its one more year and " See you later"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us