Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 146

Thread: Brian Costello: Mark Sanchez began working out with Jeff Garcia today in Calif.

  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    He worked out with CHAD PENNINGTON last year. How did that turn out?
    Sanchez never worked out with Pennington. They met twice in Palm Beach county, once in a restaurant. Pennington tried to convince him to come to TEST Football Academy in Miami where Pennington was an instructor. Mark declined.

    This year Garcia got Sanchezís # from his agent, met Mark, and convinced him to work out one on one with him for a week at TEST is San Diego, which Garcia is part owner of. Markís going

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    I thought you had some great sarcasm going, but waiting for the punch line at the end..sanchez apologist at heart I feel for you son.. btw sanchez cant throw either..
    Not apologizing for Sanchez's faults just the things he had zero control over!!

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by flgreen View Post
    Sanchez never worked out with Pennington. They met twice in Palm Beach county, once in a restaurant. Pennington tried to convince him to come to TEST Football Academy in Miami where Pennington was an instructor. Mark declined.

    This year Garcia got Sanchezís # from his agent, met Mark, and convinced him to work out one on one with him for a week at TEST is San Diego, which Garcia is part owner of. Markís going
    LOL

    I love it when fans make up their own facts to support their agendas...

  4. #104
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,374
    Quote Originally Posted by flgreen View Post
    Sanchez never worked out with Pennington. They met twice in Palm Beach county, once in a restaurant. Pennington tried to convince him to come to TEST Football Academy in Miami where Pennington was an instructor. Mark declined.

    This year Garcia got Sanchezís # from his agent, met Mark, and convinced him to work out one on one with him for a week at TEST is San Diego, which Garcia is part owner of. Markís going

    I guess thats good news. Mark has raw talent, we have all seen it.


    At some point he must be embarassed by what has happened and if thats a motivator, well so be it.

    I would still like to see the kid succeed. I wont hold my breath.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by flgreen View Post
    Sanchez never worked out with Pennington. They met twice in Palm Beach county, once in a restaurant. Pennington tried to convince him to come to TEST Football Academy in Miami where Pennington was an instructor. Mark declined.

    This year Garcia got Sanchezís # from his agent, met Mark, and convinced him to work out one on one with him for a week at TEST is San Diego, which Garcia is part owner of. Markís going
    Any reason why Mark declined Pennington's offer?

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Any reason why Mark declined Pennington's offer?
    No idea.

    First I read in a NY paper that Sanchez had sought Pennington out for info on Tonyís O

    A few days later I read in, I think the Palm Beach post, that Sanchez and Pennington had met in a restaurant, and Pennington had pitched him on coming down to TEST for a week. Article said Pennington still had Tonyís play book.

    Sanchez never went so I assume he declined

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LOL

    I love it when fans make up their own facts to support their agendas...
    The facts are that Sanchez tries really hard. Holds offseason camps with all of his starting WRs. A gym and film rat who is the first to arrive, last to leave. And this is the result.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    The facts are that Sanchez tries really hard. Holds offseason camps with all of his starting WRs. A gym and film rat who is the first to arrive, last to leave. And this is the result.
    In a way, he's kinda like Tebow, lol. Works hard, but still terrible.

  9. #109

    Talking

    Instead of having Garcia work with Sanchez... maybe we could have Mark work with Garcia in learning our offense

  10. #110
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,707
    Quote Originally Posted by flgreen View Post
    No idea.

    First I read in a NY paper that Sanchez had sought Pennington out for info on Tony’s O

    A few days later I read in, I think the Palm Beach post, that Sanchez and Pennington had met in a restaurant, and Pennington had pitched him on coming down to TEST for a week. Article said Pennington still had Tony’s play book.

    Sanchez never went so I assume he declined
    As always I disagree with you. I read other stories that he worked out with Chad. In any event Sanchez still did not do well with or without Chard's guidance. Lets hope he does better with Garcia's help.



    Former Jets quarterback Chad Pennington stopped by Cortland, N.Y., to tutor Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow in training camp. Besides being a former player, Pennington has several additional ties to the Jets. Pennington worked with Sanchez this offseason and also has a good relationship with New York offensive coordinator Tony Sparano, who coached Pennington with the Miami Dolphins. Via ESPN
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 03-07-2013 at 07:33 PM.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    In a way, he's kinda like Tebow, lol. Works hard, but still terrible.
    Has nothing to do with effort. His confidence is destroyed. Remember all the comeback victories in 2010? Where did that guy go?

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Has nothing to do with effort. His confidence is destroyed. Remember all the comeback victories in 2010? Where did that guy go?
    I never said it had anything to do with effort?

  13. #113
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,853
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    The facts are that Sanchez tries really hard. Holds offseason camps with all of his starting WRs. A gym and film rat who is the first to arrive, last to leave. And this is the result.
    It could be all bull too. He could be going thru the motions of wanting to succeed. He probably is doing things that people will perceive as trying or putting in time or effort. It can be easily faked. I wanna see him take control of the offense and make it his. If he can be th leader, it will show something. He still has to produce, but any sign of life from this kid would make me happy.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    In a way, he's kinda like Tebow, lol. Works hard, but still terrible.

    ha not exactly.. It appears mark is GREAT in practice, preping, ect.. He just sh!ts the bed when its game time.. underachiever

    Tebow is a terrible practice player we hear, but he played well above his predicted ability in 2011.. overachiever

    Im not a tebow fanatic, I doubted him week after week in 11, and he made me and his doubters look like complete fools..

    I wish we played tebow after it was clear how bad sanchez had become.. For one it would be hard worse to play worse than mark.. Another reason, I was kind of annoyed by both tebow bashers, and tebow lovers... neither had the right to bash or praise, when the guy wasnt given a chance to prove himself. I dont think he would have proven much (although he proved us wrong before) but I'd bet he would have done better than Mark, I think kerley would have done better than Mark..

  15. #115
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    4,303
    At this point, I'd rather have Jeff Garcia.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Has nothing to do with effort. His confidence is destroyed. Remember all the comeback victories in 2010? Where did that guy go?
    that guy was lost somewhere in the streaks of mark's underwear in the midst of the baltimore game in 2011..

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    But is OK for Mark's supporters to dump on TEBOW and McElroy at will? That is where it gets ridiculous. If one guy fails why not support the other? We are a team and a team and its fans should stick together.

    We see one alleged fan change his name to TEBOW CANT THROW! Now exactly what does that gain him? All our QBs have problems. The object is to win and get to a SB. Have we done that with Sanchez at the helm? Almosts do not count!
    If the fans here feel that Tebow is not an upgrade to Mark then yes it is perfectly fine to dump on Tebow. The dude cant throw. Sorry if that upsets you but its true. His accuracy sucks, his decision making sucks, and his ability to read a defense sucks. Sounds a lot like Sanchez right?? Well that's the point. You don't substitute a crappy QB with another crappy QB for the sake of change. Couple all of this with his retarded fanbase screaming "Give him a chance, he was super duper awesome in college!!!!" left and right, and posters got very hostile towards him and the idea of him starting. However, they were pretty justified. The discussions regarding Tebow never involved intelligent discussion. It was simply "Just give him a shot" "He's better in games, so practice doesn't count" or "He cant possibly be any worse than Mark so why not?!". Sorry but that's not how the NFL works.

    Unlike Greg, we knew what we had with Tim based off of his horrible practices and his play last year. It wasn't anything good. Its not that no one would have supported him, the player, but we sure as hell wouldn't have supported the decision to start him simply because we all knew nothing would change. As far as Greg was concerned, there wasn't a ton of dumping on McElroy, it was mostly people trying to keep into perspective what his ceiling was and why. There is nothing wrong with that. People were hopeful that maybe he could turn into something nice, but they weren't expecting it.

    As far as Sanchez goes, I will support him if he wins the job. If Garrard/Quinn/McElroy/Rookie QB wins? I'll support them too. But almost making a Super Bowl with Mark does count for something whether you like it or not. Two AFC championships in first two years because of HIS PLAY in the playoffs DOES count for something. I still hope THAT guy can emerge with a competent OC. But like the McElroy scenario, it's hoping, not expecting.

  18. #118
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    8,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    If the fans here feel that Tebow is not an upgrade to Mark then yes it is perfectly fine to dump on Tebow. The dude cant throw. Sorry if that upsets you but its true. His accuracy sucks, his decision making sucks, and his ability to read a defense sucks. Sounds a lot like Sanchez right?? Well that's the point. You don't substitute a crappy QB with another crappy QB for the sake of change. Couple all of this with his retarded fanbase screaming "Give him a chance, he was super duper awesome in college!!!!" left and right, and posters got very hostile towards him and the idea of him starting. However, they were pretty justified. The discussions regarding Tebow never involved intelligent discussion. It was simply "Just give him a shot" "He's better in games, so practice doesn't count" or "He cant possibly be any worse than Mark so why not?!". Sorry but that's not how the NFL works.

    Unlike Greg, we knew what we had with Tim based off of his horrible practices and his play last year. It wasn't anything good. Its not that no one would have supported him, the player, but we sure as hell wouldn't have supported the decision to start him simply because we all knew nothing would change. As far as Greg was concerned, there wasn't a ton of dumping on McElroy, it was mostly people trying to keep into perspective what his ceiling was and why. There is nothing wrong with that. People were hopeful that maybe he could turn into something nice, but they weren't expecting it.

    As far as Sanchez goes, I will support him if he wins the job. If Garrard/Quinn/McElroy/Rookie QB wins? I'll support them too. But almost making a Super Bowl with Mark does count for something whether you like it or not. Two AFC championships in first two years because of HIS PLAY in the playoffs DOES count for something. I still hope THAT guy can emerge with a competent OC. But like the McElroy scenario, it's hoping, not expecting.
    what?

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    what?
    I was addressing Kentucky Jet's post. Not sure what's so hard to understand.

  20. #120

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    Isn't the typical scenario that a failing student seeks out a tutor to help they do just enough to pass?

    The football translation would be Garcia tutors Mark to help him do just enough to pass... and not lose his job?

    No thanks.

    Garcia go fake-chow your hot beard... errrr... wife, and leave our "D" student alone.
    Just enough to pass is waaaay better than what we saw this past season. If Mark can give us 15 TD's and 8 INTS with 60% comp. this teams contends for the playoffs next year. I'll take that in a heartbeat.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us