Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brian Costello: Mark Sanchez began working out with Jeff Garcia today in Calif.

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    I have to hand it to the kid...he tries...
    Sure does...

I knew kids in college that worked their asses off and got C's and D's if they were lucky. Hard work, while admirable, doesn't always equate to success.

He can spend 6 months learning it, it doesn't mean he's going to be better at it than anyone though. Here's hoping a kid can win comeback player of the year even though he started what - 15 games the previous year?

LOL

The stories of him working so hard in the offseason and being a gym/film rat for years actually make the situation worse. One could only wish his biggest problem was simply laziness and an addiction to purple drank.

Jets would be better off signing Garcia.

Jets Insider VIP
    How much does garcia charge for this?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    He gets paid very well for trying. I thought he got paid to win.
    Exactly right.

I am resigned to the fact that Suckchez will probably be our starting QB in 2013 unless we draft a QB in the first 3 rounds that can actually out perform him in training camp/pre-season.

That being said I will absolutely cringe everytime that Suckchez drops back to try and throw the ball.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    LMAO. that's good.

Why is he wasting his time? Every year he tries to kiss A and work hard in offseason, whatever he learns,( if anything) he forgets or can't carry over to when its game time.. Kid is great at practicing, prep before season gotta give him that.. But like a kid with a learning disability, he study all he wants he still isn't getting above a C-

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Game 1 vs Buffalo he played angry. He came back from his mistake (early INT). He needs to play like that the entire season. It's like that was good enough.

Granted, he doesn't have much help, but he has to get his head out of his ass.
    I think you mean Brandon Moore's ass...

Quote Originally Posted by OneTime View Post
    I think you mean Brandon Moore's ass...
    He was playing well vs Pitt early on until he took a hard hit to the head.. Then he played scared the rest of the season.. Same thing happened last see after getting his bell rung in Baltimore..

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    We all know he tries. Problem is on the back end. He CAN play well, but he doesn't seem to fight through the problems any more. He phones it in during the first sign of struggle. His defeatist attitude this year made the offense even worse to watch.
    His problem may be that he tries to hard. There is no trying, only doing. In the old days he would have gotten a hand full of reds, and bin good to go. Remember when he used to head butt everyone? That's what he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    His problem may be that he tries to hard. There is no trying, only doing. In the old days he would have gotten a hand full of reds, and bin good to go. Remember when he used to head butt everyone? That's what he needs.

So many psychiatrists breaking down the Sanchize's head. He tries too hard, he wants to win too much, he's just not feeling good about himself with Tebow on the sideline, he had a bad waffle Sunday morning. Maybe he just doesn't get it. He's not the first or last QB to have the physical tools but not the football IQ to be a long-time valid starter in a cutthroat NFL.

Peyton, Rodgers, Brady, Brees all don't have any distinguishing physical tools that make them so much more elite than the rest of the rest. They have solid tools and a QB IQ that is better than the rest. Sanchez' last excuse is the OC/system, so for his sake he better study every day.

Hall Of Fame
    Mark is a good kid. I wish him well in his future endeavors. Not everyone is an NFL QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Wih Jeff Garcia in the fold, sanchez is close. We just need to resign mark brunell, bring back the red/yellow/green cards, call in joe girardi and have an ample supply of 16 year old girls and hotdogs on the sideline.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Wih Jeff Garcia in the fold, sanchez is close. We just need to resign mark brunell, bring back the red/yellow/green cards, call in joe girardi and have an ample supply of 16 year old girls and hotdogs on the sideline.
    Girardi would have slid right between Moore's legs and kept his back hand on the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    these threads remind me of the perennial "chad pennington working hard to improve arm strength" threads that used to grace the board
    I think the difference is that with Pennington we used to think that his arm strength would actually improve...

Here, we're saying, "well, he sucks, and he set the franchise back 5 years, but at least he's not an a$$hole!"

Woohoo! Do we get a trophy for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    He gets paid very well for trying. I thought he got paid to win.
    That's a silly assumption ... he gets paid for being on the team and having a contract. Winning and losing, starting or sitting, practicing hard or jerking off has nothing to do with it, as long as he's on the roster and has that contract... he gets paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Why is he wasting his time? Every year he tries to kiss A and work hard in offseason, whatever he learns,( if anything) he forgets or can't carry over to when its game time.. Kid is great at practicing, prep before season gotta give him that.. But like a kid with a learning disability, he study all he wants he still isn't getting above a C-
    He is the perfect QB for the Jets actually... does all his "winning" in the preseason.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Metro_Irvin View Post
    The vultures will soon come in and have at it, but at least the kid is trying. He blows but hes trying
    Sad isn't it?

We have SOJF clowns on this site and others out troll their own team more than Pats fans and rival fans do.