Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Brian Costello: Mark Sanchez began working out with Jeff Garcia today in Calif.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    The post of the year is reserved for you when one of the mods say....."Tex, you're banned for life!"
    Post of the millennium

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Mark is a good kid. I wish him well in his future endeavors. Not everyone is an NFL QB.

Isn't Mark older than you?

Jets Insider VIP
    Good luck to him. This will be his 3rd offensive system in 5 years, hopefully the 3rd time is the charm.

And I agree, Sanchez's failures aren't due to a lack of effort, lack of dedication or being lazy. He's not Jamarcus Russell, etc. He just hasn't had anything more than mediocre success as an NFL QB. With 4 years under his belt and some occasional flashes of stardom, we can only hope the consistency lightbulb finally turns on under Mornhinweg. Sanchez has shown some plays, some drives and even some entire games where he looks like a solid franchise QB....the problem is those moments only appear about 20% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Hopefully some defenders showed up. Mark's gotta have someone to throw to.
    or OL as$ to run into and fumble.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Good luck to him. This will be his 3rd offensive system in 5 years, hopefully the 3rd time is the charm.

And I agree, Sanchez's failures aren't due to a lack of effort, lack of dedication or being lazy. He's not Jamarcus Russell, etc. He just hasn't had anything more than mediocre success as an NFL QB. With 4 years under his belt and some occasional flashes of stardom, we can only hope the consistency lightbulb finally turns on under Mornhinweg. Sanchez has shown some plays, some drives and even some entire games where he looks like a solid franchise QB....the problem is those moments only appear about 20% of the time.
    Good points, agreed, but he's also had horrible OC's.
    His failures are because we've dedicated so much into making a great defense, both failed.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    this, and he knows it's his last chance to be a starting qb. in the nfl at least.
    Lol hes had WAY too many chances already. He is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    He really doesn't inspire confidence. He looks like he's gonna break down and cry every single second.

I honestly feel bad for the guy. He tries his hardest and has an entire legion of people who hate him. Can't be an easy thing to handle. Still, it would all go away if he could just quit turning the ball over and making bone-headed decisions.
    I don't feel bad for him.

I wish he never came out in that Draft in the first place. Then when I learned that he only started his Senior season in High School, just like in College I practically put my fist through a wall.

I mean how much more of a reach could this guy have been?

He also scored in one of the last big rookie contract years. $60M for a so-called QB that can't hit the broad side of a barn.

I've been watching football for a long time and probably the most disparaging thing I've ever heard said about a player was by Bob Papa on Sirius Radio last year. Describing a pass Sanchez threw that was 20 feet over the head of a wide open receiver who had run an out route to the sideline and where Sanchez had zero pass-rush pressure and a totally clear throwing lane, Papa said,"I don't know, sometimes you just want to ask Mark Sanchez....do you really do this for a living?"

I wanted him to be great, I rooted for him to be great, then I rooted for him to be just good....he's just not an NFL QB....shame is that 5 years were wasted on this guy.

I'll always think though that Woody Johnson had an alterior motive and wanted him to be the "face" of the franchise as much as a star QB...didn't happen.

Last year. I don't care if they sign David Gerrard, let him play. I really can't watch "my QB" throw more INT's to D-linemen or curl up in the fetal position when someone gets to within 5 yards of him, or miss hitting half the screen passes called, or never putting the ball in a good place to be caught when he does complete one his passes (at a league low %)...guy is just brutal.

Nothing to feel bad about....don't worry for him, he's got probably over $25Mill banked and will own a bunch of those lousy In-Out Burger franchises he says he loves so much, when he's out of the NFL next year. Guy doesn't even know what a good hamburger is haha.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post

Your post has me chuckling (not at you) because it reminds me of one time when hanging out with the guys after practice in high school discussing a teacher a bunch of us had. One of my teammates handed in a paper / project and got something like a 30, prompting another friend to say: "Wow, if I had to choose between just not doing it and getting a zero, or putting in work and getting a 30, I'll take the zero. All the zero says is you're lazy, but the 30 says your pretty effing stupid!"

Jets Insider VIP
    If at first you don't succeed, then you must suck.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    So many psychiatrists breaking down the Sanchize's head. He tries too hard, he wants to win too much, he's just not feeling good about himself with Tebow on the sideline, he had a bad waffle Sunday morning. Maybe he just doesn't get it. He's not the first or last QB to have the physical tools but not the football IQ to be a long-time valid starter in a cutthroat NFL.

Peyton, Rodgers, Brady, Brees all don't have any distinguishing physical tools that make them so much more elite than the rest of the rest. They have solid tools and a QB IQ that is better than the rest. Sanchez' last excuse is the OC/system, so for his sake he better study every day.
    Best post in this thread.....

He just isn't a smart football player. He has below-average QB instincts. Period.

Now with a great team around him, he has enough God-given talent to make things happen here and there. He is also a gamer and has played great in the playoffs which is one positive that stands out.

But overall, he will always be inconsistent at best unless the lightbulb suddenly turns on.....Who knows, maybe it will down the line, but we can't bank on it

1) Don't think Sanchez is the solution.

2) Love that he's not giving up.

3) The heartbreaking thing for a fan, or even a student of the human condition, is that if you only watched Sanchez's highlight reel from USC and his first three years in New York, he'd look like Johnny Unitas. In baseball, you can do it right 30 percent of the time and go to the hall of fame. In football, if you do it right 30 percent of snaps you're out of the league. Kind of amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleem View Post
    1) Don't think Sanchez is the solution.

2) Love that he's not giving up.

3) The heartbreaking thing for a fan, or even a student of the human condition, is that if you only watched Sanchez's highlight reel from USC and his first three years in New York, he'd look like Johnny Unitas. In baseball, you can do it right 30 percent of the time and go to the hall of fame. In football, if you do it right 30 percent of snaps you're out of the league. Kind of amazing.
    Wait... what? What? Pass whatever you're puffing on please, I need to visit your planet. I was looking at an old game from 2002, Bucs - Vikings (week 9), and in the game, Brad Johnson, a guy who gets no credit on that team, went 24-31, 313 yds, 5 TDs. He looked like more than just a guy on for the ride during that season. When has Mark ever, ever put up a stat line as dominant as that? Forget Johnny U, Sanchez can't even look like 2002 Brad Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    Wait... what? What? Pass whatever you're puffing on please, I need to visit your planet. I was looking at an old game from 2002, Bucs - Vikings (week 9), and in the game, Brad Johnson, a guy who gets no credit on that team, went 24-31, 313 yds, 5 TDs. He looked like more than just a guy on for the ride during that season. When has Mark ever, ever put up a stat line as dominant as that? Forget Johnny U, Sanchez can't even look like 2002 Brad Johnson
    Sanchez had a QBR over 90 in 23 of his 67 career starts. Roughly 34 percent of his snaps.

But my point had nothing to do with Sanchez's stats. And you could probably say the same of a lot of failed quarterbacks, as far as "flashes of brilliance." My point is just that it's an amazing thing about football that somebody can look so good sometimes and still not have what it takes.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackleem View Post
    1)
    3) The heartbreaking thing ... if you only watched Sanchez's highlight reel from USC and his first three years in New York, he'd look like Johnny Unitas.
    Sanchez had his moments when we had a premier oline, running game and healthy receivers/tight end. Looking like Johnny Unitas ? I never got that, ever, with Sanchez. Yes, there were glimmers of hope but hope it always ever was ... his completion percentage even when he had the pieces around him to succeed tell the real story - a gamer, a good guy, a team player, a hard worker ... a terrible quarterback. To say that he is below average is beyond kind.

His one year of starting at college probably should have been enough for the Jets to take a pass on Sanchez,. Ironically we all thought that Pete Carroll was speaking for selfish reasons when he said that Mark Sanchez needed another year in college before going to the NFL. Phil Simms and many other pros/talking heads thought Mark Sanchez had a great chance to make it.

Pete Carroll is genius., not. I'm still pulling for Sanchez by I think he's ruined mentally at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Best post in this thread.....

He just isn't a smart football player. He has below-average QB instincts. Period.

Now with a great team around him, he has enough God-given talent to make things happen here and there. He is also a gamer and has played great in the playoffs which is one positive that stands out.

But overall, he will always be inconsistent at best unless the lightbulb suddenly turns on.....Who knows, maybe it will down the line, but we can't bank on it
    This is the whole situation in a nutshell. He just doesnt have a feel for the game. All the pyhysical stuff he is fine with, which is why he has been able to stick around for so long, we are all waiting for him to "get it". But it simply isnt going to happen.

A lot of QB is about your arm and accuracy obviously, but the upper echelon guys in the league understand protections, feel pressure without seeing it, manage in game situations, throw the ball away, and take sacks without turning it over. Sanchez simply doesnt do any of that which is why he is so handicapped.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Sad isn't it?

We have SOJF clowns on this site and others out troll their own team more than Pats fans and rival fans do.

So what is your point?

You still think Sanchez is a good NFL QB?

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    So what is your point?

You still think Sanchez is a good NFL QB?
    He thinks the Jest are elite, lol.

I just pray that this season, if Mark somehow manages to get the starters role again, we have a backup who can actually run the team when Rex has to bench him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Jets would be better off signing Garcia.
    Garcia would be smart to keep Mark away from his wife..