Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones(TV Series) ** ! SPOILERS ! **

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Not a fan. Lord of the Rings with boobs. Spartacus kicks the sh*t out of this show (at least the first two seasons did).

HBO has jumped the shark since Wire and Sopranos both went off the air in 2007-2008. Boardwalk Empire is ok not great. Lots of mediocre overhyped high concept dramas like this and Big Love. That little fat girl from Girls is disgusting.
    I disagreed with everything you said here until the last line.

I happened upon Girls the other day and they had that fat grossling playing ping pong naked and for a moment, I hated the fact that I had a penis. I've never been so uninterested in seeing a naked woman. It was depressing.

Then I put on Spartacus and watched dry-humping fake sex with the hotties they have on that show, and all was good. LOL

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    That little fat girl from Girls is disgusting.
    +1.

An wigged Midgetress.

-

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post

I happened upon Girls the other day and they had that fat grossling playing ping pong naked and for a moment, I hated the fact that I had a penis. I've never been so uninterested in seeing a naked woman. It was depressing.

Then I put on Spartacus and watched dry-humping fake sex with the hotties they have on that show, and all was good. LOL
    Welcome to the party pal.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spartacus is for the ghey,like WWF. A chance to watch big muscley sweaty male bodies with just enough women thrown in to pretend it's not to watch big muscley sweaty male bodies.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post

She looks like Jonah Hill only less pretty.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    Spartacus season 1 with the original Spartacus? good show. This season and the previous season? unbearable.

GOT>>>>>Spartacus
    I thought the second season of Spartacus was terrific.

Not a big fan of War of the Damned so far but maybe it will turn itself around. Last week's episode showed some life.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 03-05-2013 at 11:10 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boardwalk is underrated IMO. Yeah the slow pace of it turns a lot of people off, but if that doesnt bother you its really a well made show.

Give me great acting and writing over non stop action and gore 10 times out of 10.
    Not the slow pace. It's the fact that the producers and writers feel obliged to devote 33% of the show to whatever boring thing Margaret is occupying her time with every episode. I still like the show overall and thought it got better towards the end of last season but holy crap the filler storylines are brutal.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not the slow pace. It's the fact that the producers and writers feel obliged to devote 33% of the show to whatever boring thing Margaret is occupying her time with every episode. I still like the show overall and thought it got better towards the end of last season but holy crap the filler storylines are brutal.
    I agree with this, and the only thing i can come up with is they are trying to diversify their viewership by continuing to have a lead female role.

Shes completely played out IMO as is Jimmys mother.

spoiler coming...

I was extremely ticked off after they killed off Jimmy.

Think he was the most dynamic character and so much could of been done with him.

with that said they surprisingly made me forget about him with an excellent third season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with this, and the only thing i can come up with is they are trying to diversify their viewership by continuing to have a lead female role.

Shes completely played out IMO as is Jimmys mother.

spoiler coming...

I was extremely ticked off after they killed off Jimmy.

Think he was the most dynamic character and so much could of been done with him.

with that said they surprisingly made me forget about him with an excellent third season.
    Two best characters are Richard and Chalky, IMO...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    GOT is excellent! My husband started reading the books and got me hooked on them.

We've only seen Season 1 because we don't have HBO (or Showtime) and have to get it from Netflix, though I think a DVD buy might happen. He's rented S1 twice so we could watch it again. Can't wait for Season 2.

Same thing with Boardwalk. Only see it on Netflix but like that show, too. I've always been fascinated by the late teens, 20's, Prohibition, and Steve Buscemi is terrific.

Not sure about the Margaret story line. It gives Buscemi's character some background, but I don't know how what happens because we're a season behind. But, for me, it doesn't make me watch the show more. Maybe I'm not a typical female viewer, though.

Chalky, Omar, . . . what's not to like?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah. HBO pretty much sucks nowadays. GoT and Boardwalk are the only decent shows left, both of which are great. "Girls" needs some eye candy and "Newsroom" is too political.

As for "Spartacus" they got dealt a sh*tty hand when the original actor they cast for Spartacus took ill. Sadly he has passed. The first season was terrific and was very popular. Then they were forced to scramble for the second season when the actor got sick and it has never been the same. This season is easily the worst, I haven't watched all the episodes, but if you know the story of Spartacus, you know it is coming to an end shortly.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Yeah. HBO pretty much sucks nowadays. GoT and Boardwalk are the only decent shows left, both of which are great. "Girls" needs some eye candy and "Newsroom" is too political..
    You guys crack me up...Girls is SUPPOSED to be about less than beautiful girls and Newroom is SUPPOSED to be political.

That said, Schindlers List needed more hotties,

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boardwalk is underrated IMO. Yeah the slow pace of it turns a lot of people off, but if that doesnt bother you its really a well made show.

Give me great acting and writing over non stop action and gore 10 times out of 10.
    I think Boardwalk is an excellent show and that this past season was sensational. I don't consider it slow at all but I'd watch anything with Buscemi and Omar in it. Love Harrow though, just an amazing character and acting job.

GOT, although it's hard to keep track of all the players and locations, is a great show also. Loved how last season ended, pretty creepy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm partial to Veep myself as an Arrested Development fan

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    HBO is too far up their own ass with their original programming. Boardwalk can be a great show, but I'm sorry, I just don't buy the writing. The characters and dialogue are far too smart and philosophical for who they are -- Prohibition-era bootlegging thugs. The self-importance, even pretentiousness, of Boardwalk is suffocating. That said, I loved Bobby Cannavale as Rosetti. Of course they had to kill him off.

As far as Girls, I could write a 30 page dissertation on why that show sucks and why the main actors are terrible people.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boardwalk doesn't even use their best characters.

Capone/Chalky/Lucky/Bugsy etc. they dominate the screen anytime there on it.

The show should be the best on television when you add in the fact that it takes place in an incredible time.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    HBO is too far up their own ass with their original programming. Boardwalk can be a great show, but I'm sorry, I just don't buy the writing. The characters and dialogue are far too smart and philosophical for who they are -- Prohibition-era bootlegging thugs. The self-importance, even pretentiousness, of Boardwalk is suffocating. That said, I loved Bobby Cannavale as Rosetti. Of course they had to kill him off.

As far as Girls, I could write a 30 page dissertation on why that show sucks and why the main actors are terrible people.
    I think they are supposed to be terrible people? I haven't been able to figure it out from the first 5 or so episodes the wife has made me watch. Either that or it is just so blind to its nepotism, elitism, and utter idiocy, that she and the writers actually think they are being "real" or something. Sort of like "Kids" back in the day.

I avoided GOT at first because it felt like I was just watching a reduced version of the books, but once I went through S1 and 2 a few weeks ago, I'm hooked. Book 3 is by far the best and most bat sh!t insane, so looking forward to S3

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    Boardwalk doesn't even use their best characters.

Capone/Chalky/Lucky/Bugsy etc. they dominate the screen anytime there on it.

The show should be the best on television when you add in the fact that it takes place in an incredible time.
    I agree these are some of the best characters, but part of the reason their scenes are so great is because you dont constantly see them throughout the season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    The wee wankers are offended that you think they need help...then rationalize not giving you your 3 dollars.... by being insulted by your gesture.
    They are not "not tipping"..they are expressing rage at your patronizing overtures.

So, in the end, you still hate midgets and he still has 3 dollars.

-
    I knew there was a good reason I hated that little ****.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love(d) ASOIAF books, love GoT on HBO. The one casting choice I question is Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister). While I loved seeing her get railed in 300, that's about it. She sucks. And ALWAYS has the same annoying expression on her face.