Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones(TV Series) ** ! SPOILERS ! **

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    I would **** that **** sideways and on Tuesdays.

BTW, the Game of Thrones books are a trilogy? In regards to the TV show, in what book would the TV show be in now?
    5 books so far, at least 2-3 more to go.

Book 3 was one on my favorites in the series. So far the first 3 episodes this year have been awesome. It makes sense that they are breaking it up into two seasons as so much happens in that book. Books 4 and 5 take place over identical timeframes. GRRM split them up based on which characters they follow. Book 4 follows Cercei, Littlefinger, Jaime Lannister, Brienne and Arya and some new characters not yet introduced. Book 5 (I havent read past 4) seems to follow the Tyrion and Dany and John Snow arcs.

For purposes of the show they will most likely be able to split those two books into 3-4 seasons without specifying which book as it wouldn't make sense to have a season without Dany or Tyrion.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Book 3 was one on my favorites in the series. So far the first 3 episodes this year have been awesome. It makes sense that they are breaking it up into two seasons as so much happens in that book. Books 4 and 5 take place over identical timeframes. GRRM split them up based on which characters they follow. Book 4 follows Cercei, Littlefinger, Jaime Lannister, Brienne and Arya and some new characters not yet introduced. Book 5 (I havent read past 4) seems to follow the Tyrion and Dany and John Snow arcs.

For purposes of the show they will most likely be able to split those two books into 3-4 seasons without specifying which book as it wouldn't make sense to have a season without Dany or Tyrion.
    Book five was bittersweet for me. A bit of a departure from previous books, but after a certain point, good in it's own right.

I'm torn. These books are so good that:

A) I want him to get them done so I can understand the true direction,

But

B) I don't want him to rush through them and ruin the end of this saga.

Martin is far too involved in the internet following he has. He's actually written internet posters from the ASOIAF site's message board into a couple of his books... and those people obsess over his books so much that I think he is trying to find an ending that they haven't predicted yet.

I'm afraid he will choose a sh!t ending because they have already predicted the good ones.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by kali yuga View Post
    Book five was bittersweet for me. A bit of a departure from previous books, but after a certain point, good in it's own right.

But

Martin is far too involved in the internet following he has. He's actually written internet posters from the ASOIAF site's message board into a couple of his books... and those people obsess over his books so much that I think he is trying to find an ending that they haven't predicted yet.

I'm afraid he will choose a sh!t ending because they have already predicted the good ones.
    My theory. John Snow isn't Ned Starks kid. He is the son of Ned's sister and the Targaryen who supposedly kidnapped her. Ned didn't tell anyone because Robert would have killed Jon.

I have never gone on any of those websites, just my 2 cents.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    My theory. John Snow isn't Ned Starks kid. He is the son of Ned's sister and the Targaryen who supposedly kidnapped her. Ned didn't tell anyone because Robert would have killed Jon.

I have never gone on any of those websites, just my 2 cents.
    If John Snow was the slightest bit Targaryen, he'd have lighter hair and/or purple eyes. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    If John Snow was the slightest bit Targaryen, he'd have lighter hair and/or purple eyes. Just sayin'.
    Except weren't the Targaryens mostly inbred??

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I think it's time to introduce Calisi to my dragon.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Think of Robert Baratheon and the Lannister kids. Everyone knew they weren't his because his kids always had black hair. The same thing would have happened with Stark and Targaryen. The Targaryen's married brother to sister so they kept their very distinctive look.

I had no idea Martin was a Jets Fan.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I think it's time to introduce Calisi to my dragon.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    Write that down and pin it to your office door.

Hall Of Fame

‘Game of Thrones’ author George R.R. Martin says NY Jets GM John Idzik should be fire

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1325645

‘Game of Thrones’ author George R.R. Martin says NY Jets GM John Idzik should be fired over Darrelle Revis trade

The Lannisters may be the evil doers on Game of Thrones, but if the author whose books inspired the hit HBO series could change it, they would probably be called the Idziks.

George R.R. Martin took to his blog Sunday, swinging a mighty ax at new Jets GM John Idzik for trading Darrelle Revis.

“Fire his ass now,” Martin wrote on his blog entitled Not a Blog. “Bring back Mike Tannenbaum. Bring back the guy before Mike Tannenbaum. Hell, bring back Harry Wismer.”

Martin, who lives in Santa Fe, Mexico was born in Bayonne, N.J., which would explain his feelings for the Jets.

The blog starts with Martin saying, “It is hard to be a fan of the New York Jets. They have hardly done anything right since Joe Willie Namath won Super Bowl III, and every time you think maybe they are finally turning the corner, they find some new way to screw things up.”

Martin was so upset with Idzik and the Jets, he even suggested the Jets would waste the draft picks they got for Revis, even passing over Superman.

“... even with that swell fourth-round-maybe-it-becomes-a-third we'll be getting from Tampa Bay. That is, assuming Kal-El Son of Jor-El isn't coming out in next year's draft. And even if he was, the Jets wouldn't take him. All that green would remind him too much of kryptonite.”

And you thought Ned Stark had it rough.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

‘Game of Thrones’ author George R.R. Martin says NY Jets GM John Idzik should be fired over Darrelle Revis trade
    He should stick to writing novels.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    He should get off his ass and finish the sixth book.
    Fixed.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I've read all the books a couple of years back and like another poster mentioned, i savored then and truly tried not to rush through them as i knew the conclusion was not there...yet. George RR Martin ain't getting any younger, so let's pray he finishes this off properly and quickly.

I've also watched all the episodes, and while they stretch a bit on done of the storyline, ie: Theon Greyjoy, overall considering the length off the books and the detail involved, I'm truly impressed. You literally could spend three seasons on book three between John Snow, Brandon, and Tywin, but they manage to cover most of the major points.

Breanne of Tarth is one gigantic *****! Well casted.

Fitz

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by JetTerp; 04-24-2013 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

ironic that the guy who so easily dispatched Ned Stark and Khal Drogo would so vehemently complain about the Jets getting rid of one of his favorites.

hey Martin, GFY.

Quote Originally Posted by kali yuga View Post

But

I haven't read book 5 yet, looking forward to it for sure though. I'm more concerned that GRRM's fat ass will konk out before he finishes the series.

As far as endings go it's hard to say. There is a war coming for the realm vs the wyte walkers and of course a war for the throne with Dany and her dragons. I see Dany as the ultimate hero of the series but beyond that who knows.

All League
    I need a GOT trekkie to help me out here...

Baylon Greyjoy (or wtf his name is...the one who turned on the Starks). Who is the guy who pretended to rescue him from the torture rack and who is he affiliated with? I don't give a bleep if the answer is a spoiler...I'm confused as it is.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post

Baylon Greyjoy (or wtf his name is...the one who turned on the Starks). Who is the guy who pretended to rescue him from the torture rack and who is he affiliated with? I don't give a bleep if the answer is a spoiler...I'm confused as it is.
    Theon. We don't know they guy who pretended to rescue him, but can assume he's a Bolton. The manner of rescue and timing don't follow the books.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post

That wasn't in the book as much.

He may have been with the sister, and turned him in when Baylon said his real father is dead, with his head chopped off. Baylon is in for a real HARD time. when someone's standard is the flayed man, you know they are hardcore.

All League
    I got a question - When Poppy Lanister told the little guy to marry the eldest Stark daughter, that way he'd be heir to Winterfell, yes? This means Poppy Lanister assumes that King Rob will be dead, and that the boy Stark with the lame legs is already dead, yes?