Thread: Pick your change at LB!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Pick your change at LB!

So with so much set to change at linebacker, if you could have one free agent and one first round pick to start week 1 who would it be and why?

Keep it realistic considering the cap constraints etc, make your selection even if you think we will run with a 4-3 base instead of a 3-4.

I'm going with a 3-4.

- LB -
    Dion Jordan (draft)
    - LB -
    56 D. Davis
    - LB -
    52 D.Harris
    - LB -
    Victor Butler (F.A)

I think Butler would be a nice pick up, only 26 with huge upside. Dion Jordan comin off the edge would be electric, only thing that scares me about this group is the ability to stop the run.

No doubt we can rush the passer with this group as it would have a ton of speed, huge upgrade on last seasons disaster and finally we may have the speed to set the edge.

Thoughts?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    So with so much set to change at linebacker, if you could have one free agent and one first round pick to start week 1 who would it be and why?

Keep it realistic considering the cap constraints etc, make your selection even if you think we will run with a 4-3 base instead of a 3-4.

I'm going with a 3-4.

- LB -
    Dion Jordan (draft)
    - LB -
    56 D. Davis
    - LB -
    52 D.Harris
    - LB -
    Victor Butler (F.A)

I think Butler would be a nice pick up, only 26 with huge upside. Dion Jordan comin off the edge would be electric, only thing that scares me about this group is the ability to stop the run.

No doubt we can rush the passer with this group as it would have a ton of speed, huge upgrade on last seasons disaster and finally we may have the speed to set the edge.

Thoughts?
    Props on the Butler pick up, stuck behind two probowlers it is tuff to get snaps. And is probably chomping at the bit to get a sniff at starting.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Props on the Butler pick up, stuck behind two probowlers it is tuff to get snaps. And is probably chomping at the bit to get a sniff at starting.
    I think he would be the best option and come at a price the jets can afford, he fits what Idzik is prepared to spend on free agents.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    I think he would be the best option and come at a price the jets can afford, he fits what Idzik is prepared to spend on free agents.
    Butler was actually mentioned on turnonthejets.com (great site) as an excellent potential signee for the jets. I agree, guy seems like he could be an affordable OLB option.

Plus rex should be able to get some scoop on him since Rob coached him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Harris and Davis as the ILB's.

Antwan Barnes or Victor Butler (two cost effective OLBs, Barnes almost signed with Jets last year) and Garret McIntrye or Ziggy Ansah (depending on down, situation) as the OLB's.