Thread: 32 comes out of retirement?

Hall Of Fame

32 comes out of retirement?

Tickets man for laughing.

One of the funny parts is the guy who got the ticket looks like Will Sasso.

Long Island man issued summons for laughing too loud in his own home
    Chucklehead rats out chortling LI neighbor

By KIERAN CROWLEY and LAUREL BABCOCK
    Last Updated: 3:07 AM, March 6, 2013
    Posted: 2:28 AM, March 6, 2013

There’s no pursuit of happiness for this Long Island man — local cops busted him for laughing too loudly in his own home.

Robert Schiavelli, 42, was recently slapped with two “absurd” summonses because his next-door neighbor complained that he could hear his hearty guffaws from across the driveway.

“I didn’t know it was a crime to laugh out a window,” said Schiavelli, who is considered disabled because he has frequent seizures and suffers from neurological impairments.

Schiavelli was chortling because he says his neighbor often taunts him due to his disability — and his best defense is to laugh him off.
    Dennis A. Clark
    BUSTING A GUT: Robert Schiavelli laughs off the two tickets that Rockville Centre, LI, cops issued him for disturbing the peace — by laughing.

But a detective responded to the Rockville Centre neighbor’s complaints and wrote up two tickets for “disturbing the peace” at 6 p.m. on Feb. 12 and 13.

Each summons carried a $250 fine or 15 days in jail.

“It’s absurd,” lawyer Andrew Campanelli said. “My client faces 30 days in jail for laughing.”

Schiavelli, who lives with his mother, was charged with acting “in such a manner as to annoy, disturb, interfere with, obstruct, or be offensive to others.”

“The last time I checked, it was not a crime to laugh — except in Rockville Centre,’’ Campanelli said.

At Schiavelli’s arraignment yesterday, local Judge William Croutier said he “was not so inclined” to dismiss the charges.

When the judge asked why police were called, Campanelli said, “My client is a bit of a gentle giant. The way he responds [to his neighbor] is to laugh.”

“I will never let him take a plea on this,” a fuming Campanelli added after court.

A return date hasn’t been set.

The tickets stem from a years-long feud between Schiavelli and his mother, Suzanne, and next-door neighbor Daniel O’Hanian.

O’Hanian regularly taunts and ridicules Schiavelli about his disability, the mother and son allege.

“He tries to intimidate Robert” by calling him “a retard’’ and other names, said Suzanne, 65.

After years of the alleged treatment, Suzanne said her son “has learned to laugh at him.”

The day the summonses were written, “I was making dinner. Our neighbor was in the driveway wiping off his car and sneering at Robert” while he was inside the house, Suzanne explained.

As usual, Schiavelli addressed O’Hanian’s alleged glares with a good chuckle.

“What else are you supposed to do when someone calls you a retard?” asked Schiavelli, who graduated from high school as a special-education student.

O’Hanian’s wife, Virginia, defended the summonses, saying, “The police investigated and found there was cause. I think the police can answer all your questions. I think the police did what they thought was best.”

Her husband, an engineer, didn’t respond to requests for comment.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    The day the summonses were written, “I was making dinner. Our neighbor was in the driveway wiping off his car and sneering at Robert” while he was inside the house, Suzanne explained.

As usual, Schiavelli addressed O’Hanian’s alleged glares with a good chuckle.
    Ok.

I know it sounds ridiculous. But imagine if every time you leave your home or do anything in your driveway, you have this staring at you out the window;

-

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Ok.

I know it sounds ridiculous. But imagine if every time you leave your home or do anything in your driveway, you have this staring at you out the window;

-

not shown: turkey leg

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Has the Suri Cruise situation been resolved?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Has the Suri Cruise situation been resolved?
    On the bright side, iffin you need a decoy as you make your endless rounds of lotto stores and Dunkin DOnuts, Robert Schiavelli is available, apparently.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    LOL @ the irony of wearing a 4XL Nike workout shirt.

:guffaw:

:chortle:

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    all he needs is a motorized cart, a major theme park, and the turkey leg, and 32 turns into Seal Team 6.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    all he needs is a motorized cart, a major theme park, and the turkey leg, and 32 turns into Seal Team 6.
    His mommy is prolly getting a nice SS disability check for Richie. I suggest she invest some of it in a TV and some curtains.

-

Jets Insider VIP

The only thing working hard is that shirt.

Bewildered Beast

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    The only thing working hard is that shirt.
    HEEYYYYY OHHH