View Poll Results: Who is signed by another team (or re-signed) first?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jason Smith

17 22.37%
  • Bart Scott

5 6.58%
  • Calvin Pace

26 34.21%
  • Eric Smith

16 21.05%
  • None - they will all end up on Arena League Teams

12 15.79%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which of these players cut by the Jets will get signed the quickest?

Which of these players cut by the Jets will get signed the quickest?

Jason Smith
    Eric Smith
    Calvin Pace
    Bart Scott

Which of these players get signed first? And by what team?

*Distraction from all the Revis crap. I can't stand all the unsubstantiated chatter about him anymore.

Hall Of Fame
    Eric Smith- Buffalo

sp. teams guy and can help Pettine translate the defense.

Jason Smith.

63 is eligible, baby!

Bring him back!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Eric Smith- Buffalo

+1

All Pro
    Bart will be signed first. Probably by us at vet minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Bart will be signed first. Probably by us at vet minimum.
    Totally disagree, this is a guy who watched his money, This is a guy who drove a 8 year old lincoln navigator after 2 years after signing a 50 mill deal. I think houston can use him as a 2 down run stuffer, if they don't get one in the draft.
    not for big bucks but for more than 650,000

I hope Buffalo signs Eric Smith.....So Jeff f'n Cumberland can light him up all day

So happy to see him gone

Eric Smith- Buffalo

Eric Smith, despite being hated around these parts, is actually a decent football player and can contribute on STs and secondary depth

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    not for big bucks but for more than 650,000
    League minimum for a 10+ year vet is $940,000.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Eric Smith, despite being hated around these parts, is actually a decent football player and can contribute on STs and secondary depth
    He's actually pretty awful.....runs with a stick up his ass and is probably pushing a 5.0+ 40 yard dash at this point.....Not a good combo in the NFL when you're also only 210 lbs.

He literally can't cover ANYONE......Maybe a few blocking fullbacks

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Eric Smith- Buffalo

Sounds right.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Totally disagree, this is a guy who watched his money, This is a guy who drove a 8 year old lincoln navigator after 2 years after signing a 50 mill deal.
    OMG - was it really 50 mil? I am re-getting an ulcer . . .

big contracts so rarely seem to work out . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    I see Eric Smith in a Pats uniform for some reason.

All Pro
    Eric Smith - the cheapest guy, smart and an asset on special teams. Someone will sign him fairly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    He's actually pretty awful.....runs with a stick up his ass and is probably pushing a 5.0+ 40 yard dash at this point.....Not a good combo in the NFL when you're also only 210 lbs.

He literally can't cover ANYONE......Maybe a few blocking fullbacks
    Actually, you are wrong.
    He is definitely limited physically but he has a good understanding of the game and plays hard. There is a reason why both Eric Mangini and Rex Ryan thought highly of him. The problem is he is not good enough to start. The reason you think "he is awful" is because he was put in situations where his flaws would be exposed. Another thing about Smith is he played hurt for much of the last 2 years. If you look at his stats between 2006-2010, he was pretty good. Thats because he was used as a back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I see Eric Smith in a Pats uniform for some reason.
    Probably because he is a pretty good depth player and good coaches (ie Belichek) take advantage of good players by putting them in situations where they can succeed.

Jets Insider VIP
    agreed. The guy plays with all he's got and yet he is hated by some here. Makes no sense!

Actually, you are wrong.
    He is definitely limited physically but he has a good understanding of the game and plays hard. There is a reason why both Eric Mangini and Rex Ryan thought highly of him. The problem is he is not good enough to start. The reason you think "he is awful" is because he was put in situations where his flaws would be exposed. Another thing about Smith is he played hurt for much of the last 2 years. If you look at his stats between 2006-2010, he was pretty good. Thats because he was used as a back up.
    They thought highly of him because he is a "teacher's pet" and knows the system, that's it

He doesn't make any game changing plays ever and gets burned on the regular when put in coverage situations....What is he actually good at? Tackling?? There are tons of linebackers that outweigh him that are much more athletic and faster than Eric Smith, seriously.

There is no use for a severely undersized linebacker in today's NFL.....in 2013, a safety that is pathetic in coverage is worthless no matter how much understanding of the game and desire he has

He is supposed to be a safety/defensive back but literally can't cover anyone.....Also has a knack for making bonehead plays at the worst possible times.......Tim Tebow running right around his contain area to win the game, ring a bell?

He is good on special teams.......But a waste of a roster space when it comes down to it.
    Last edited by King Koopa; 03-06-2013 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    They thought highly of him because he is a "teacher's pet" and knows the system, that's it

He doesn't make any game changing plays ever and gets burned on the regular when put in coverage situations....What is he actually good at? Tackling?? There are tons of linebackers that outweigh him that are much more athletic and faster than Eric Smith, seriously.

There is no use for a severely undersized linebacker in today's NFL.....in 2013, a safety that is pathetic in coverage is worthless no matter how much understanding of the game and desire he has

He is supposed to be a safety/defensive back but literally can't cover anyone.....Also has a knack for making bonehead plays at the worst possible times.......Tim Tebow running right around his contain area to win the game, ring a bell?

He is good on special teams.......But a waste of a roster space when it comes down to it.
    I suggest you go back and look at the 2010-11 season after Leonhard got hurt and Smith took over. Pay attention to the playoff games in Indy and New England. The guy was solid.

All League
    Charter JI Member

I always forget how this works, but couldn't any of these guys be signed to a new team now, before FA starts, because they were cut, rather than being true free agents whose deals had expired?

If this is the case, I would bet that none of them get signed anytime soon....I haven't heard a peep of interest from any team about any of them.