Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

Thread: Eagles will release CB Nnamdi Asomugha today

  1. #1

    Eagles will release CB Nnamdi Asomugha today

    Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
    Per @howardeskin, the #Eagles will release CB Nnamdi Asomugha today.

    Howard Eskin ‏@howardeskin
    I'm told #eagles will release CB Nnamdi Asomugha 2day after 2 yrs w team. He was to make 15 million this season. He does get 4 mill #fox29

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,136
    Will the Eagles be off the hook for the $4MM assuming he gets more than that with his next team?

  3. #3
    This team gets it. If you're going to start over? Start over.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    2,103
    I am so glad the Jets couldn't get a deal done with Aso. Can you imagine if they had signed him and let Cromartie walk? The Jets' mess would have been WAY worse.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    This team gets it. If you're going to start over? Start over.
    Should have traded him to San Fran for their recently acquired 2nd.

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,972
    Haven't really followed Aso since the Eagles deal. Is he still a top 5 CB? Does this shrink the market for Revis?

    I'm from the Hampur, be nice.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    This team gets it. If you're going to start over? Start over.
    Borgo gets it.

    Clean out your locker Darrelle

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Haven't really followed Aso since the Eagles deal. Is he still a top 5 CB? Does this shrink the market for Revis?

    I'm from the Hampur, be nice.
    They put him in zone coverage and he was borderline awful...

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    I am so glad the Jets couldn't get a deal done with Aso. Can you imagine if they had signed him and let Cromartie walk? The Jets' mess would have been WAY worse.
    Yeah the contract was awful. But I think Aso was a bad fit scheme wise in Philly. In Rex's system he would've been a great fit. In fact, if the Jets do trade Revis, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the Jets made a play for him.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,972
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    They put him in zone coverage and he was borderline awful...
    So a team in the market for Revis could get a top notch man to man CB (Aso) for less.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    Yeah the contract was awful. But I think Aso was a bad fit scheme wise in Philly. In Rex's system he would've been a great fit. In fact, if the Jets do trade Revis, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the Jets made a play for him.
    Bingo! Altho not sure they'd have the cap room compared to other teams out there looking for a CB
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-06-2013 at 10:46 AM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Haven't really followed Aso since the Eagles deal. Is he still a top 5 CB? Does this shrink the market for Revis?

    I'm from the Hampur, be nice.
    He's terrible now.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    This team gets it. If you're going to start over? Start over.
    Borgo...totaly agree, but one BIG caveat. Eagles also starting over with new coach.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    This team gets it. If you're going to start over? Start over.
    Right and they started that process by bringing back Michael Vick.

  15. #15
    Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
    Hold up... RT @Jeff_McLane: Contrary to a report, the #Eagles are saying Nnamdi Asomugha is not being released today. Stay tuned.

    Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane
    After a little sniffing around, it seems unlikely the #Eagles would be interested. RT @RayWadas: Any chance we get Revis?

    Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
    RT @GeoffMosherCSN: Also told Nnamdi won't be released today, despite report. Still under impression that he will eventually be released.
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-06-2013 at 10:51 AM.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Borgo gets it.

    Clean out your locker Darrelle
    Let's go.

    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Borgo...totaly agree, but one BIG caveat. Eagles also starting over with new coach.
    What I really wish we had done. One more year of the formerly fat dunce makes me sad.

    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Right and they started that process by bringing back Michael Vick.
    They semi-get it. Should have dumped this tool the day Andy quit.

    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
    Hold up... RT @Jeff_McLane: Contrary to a report, the #Eagles are saying Nnamdi Asomugha is not being released today. Stay tuned.

    Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane
    After a little sniffing around, it seems unlikely the #Eagles would be interested. RT @RayWadas: Any chance we get Revis?

    Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
    RT @GeoffMosherCSN: Also told Nnamdi won't be released today, despite report. Still under impression that he will eventually be released.
    Maybe, like us, they don't get it.

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,663
    I really question how good he was to begin with. Because how could a CB
    with that kind of reputation fall off the map so quickly. My thinking is OAK
    was so bad that nobody bothered to throw to his side. Therefore everyone
    thought he was great, add in the fact that Davis gave him that ridiculous
    contract and you get a phony rep as the best CB

  18. #18
    Wow, was Rex ever wrong about Aso. I'm sure he thought Aso was top notch. The fact is, he isn't even close.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,563
    I won't believe this is going to happen until I hear it from "a source familiar with the situation"

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    I really question how good he was to begin with. Because how could a CB
    with that kind of reputation fall off the map so quickly. My thinking is OAK
    was so bad that nobody bothered to throw to his side. Therefore everyone
    thought he was great, add in the fact that Davis gave him that ridiculous
    contract and you get a phony rep as the best CB
    There is definitely some truth to this.

    I also think the philly situation couldnt have been worse for him. Not only did they play zone which is not his strong suit, but their DC was basically an offensive line coach (a decision that IMO does not get enough scrutiny for being absolutely ridiculously stupid).

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us