Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mark Teixeira out 8-10 weeks

SiriusXM Sports ‏@SiriusXMSports
    ICYMI: #Yankees GM Brian Cashman and @MadDogUnleashed argue over strength of NYY farm system on @MadDogRadio! AUDIO: http://bit.ly/16uzxxQ

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    SiriusXM Sports ‏@SiriusXMSports
    ICYMI: #Yankees GM Brian Cashman and @MadDogUnleashed argue over strength of NYY farm system on @MadDogRadio! AUDIO: http://bit.ly/16uzxxQ
    Well if Cashman had ever decided to keep our young prospects like Jackson and Montero instead of trading them and trying to build a fantasy baseball team that does nothing but hit home run we would have a good farm system.

Teixeira Expected to Be Out Longer With Partly Torn Tendon Sheath

Teixeira Expected to Be Out Longer With Partly Torn Tendon Sheath
    By PETER KERASOTIS
    TAMPA, Fla. — First baseman Mark Teixeira returned to the Yankees’ spring training complex Sunday morning, wearing a brace on his right wrist and bearing some grim news.

He said his wrist injury was not a sprain, but rather a partly torn tendon sheath, which might keep him out until June, and maybe longer if he and the Yankees do not employ an abundance of caution.

“It’s not like a sore knee,” Teixeira said. “If I come back early, I’m not going to be very good, and I could blow it out and risk surgery, and then I’m out the whole year.”

Teixeira, who injured the wrist swinging off a tee in preparation for the World Baseball Classic, said the injury was similar to what Toronto’s Jose Bautista sustained last season. When Bautista tried to accelerate his return, he reinjured the wrist, needed surgery and missed the rest of the season.

Teixeira explained that the tendon sheath “is the little covering that holds the tendon in place. The tendon will snap in and out if the sheath is gone. If that doesn’t heal, then the tendon has a chance to get damaged, and you don’t want that.”

Teixeira, who turns 33 on April 11, tried to rush a return from a calf injury last season and sustained a setback. He said he would remain in camp for the rest of spring, doing whatever he can that does not involve his right wrist.

“I’ve been in the best shape of my life the past two years,” he said. “I feel amazing. I’ve had two injuries. So I think maybe it’s overuse. Maybe I was running too much, maybe I was swinging too much. I swing twice as much as anybody anyway. I swing with a weighted bat to get loosened up. I’ll keep working out, but maybe I’ll take a step back a little bit.”
    http://bats.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/0...tendon-sheath/

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

This must be devastating for you, Ern.

You holding up?

-

Fatboy wants Justin Morneau bad. Can't say I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    This must be devastating for you, Ern.

You holding up?

-
    Have no horse in this race. Did you go with the under 87 as Brother Tucker recommended?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Have no horse in this race. Did you go with the under 87 as Brother Tucker recommended?
    I thought it over and decided I do not care to share my conclusions with Bitter Met fans.

On the phone with Vegas now, I got them down to 86.

-

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Hypothetical:

Ike Davis. Young. Affordable. lefty slugger. Son of an ex-Yankee.

What would the Yankees give up to get him?

What would the Mets take to trade him?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Hypothetical:

Ike Davis. Young. Affordable. lefty slugger. Son of an ex-Yankee.

What would the Yankees give up to get him?

What would the Mets take to trade him?
    Really? After they gave up R.A?

This would knock the attendance down to...1000?

I love the guy but the Mets would be nuts to let him go.

If Citifield had Yankee stadiums right porch......

-

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Really? After they gave up R.A?

This would knock the attendance down to...1000?

I love the guy but the Mets would be nuts to let him go.

If Citifield had Yankee stadiums right porch......

-
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hypothetical?s=t

hypothetical ->

existing only as an idea or concept: a time machine is a hypothetical device
    or aka Baseball talk

Yes, Ike playing in Yankee Stadium, with that porch and seeing fastballs because of the protection from all of those aging Yankee superstars...

What would the Yankees part with and what would the Mets want?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hypothetical?s=t

hypothetical ->

or aka Baseball talk

Yes, Ike playing in Yankee Stadium, with that porch and seeing fastballs because of the protection from all of those aging Yankee superstars...

What would the Yankees part with and what would the Mets want?
    Young, affordable, salary controlled slugger? I really dont think you could find a trade here. Mets with their "financial issues" would have no reason to trade Ike, but I guess for arguments sake you'd have to start with one of the Yankees MnL outfielders? But as a Mets fan, Id want to see close-to-major league ready players (i.e. D'Arnaud). Again, not sure theres a fit there.

Yanks going the Francesser route and trying to pry away Justin Morneau is maybe a more realistic target. One year, 14 million, probably not have to give up much to get him.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    Young, affordable, salary controlled slugger? I really dont think you could find a trade here. Mets with their "financial issues" would have no reason to trade Ike, but I guess for arguments sake you'd have to start with one of the Yankees MnL outfielders? But as a Mets fan, Id want to see close-to-major league ready players (i.e. D'Arnaud). Again, not sure theres a fit there.

Yanks going the Francesser route and trying to pry away Justin Morneau is maybe a more realistic target. One year, 14 million, probably not have to give up much to get him.
    IMHO, Ike would hit 40+ HR's for the Yankees.

We should want more than 1 almost MLB ready player for him.

All League
    IMHO, Ike would hit 40+ HR's for the Yankees.

We should want more than 1 almost MLB ready player for him.
    There's no match with the Mets and the Yankees involving Davis. No reason at all for the Mets to trade him, they don't have another 1b prospect on the way. The Yankees still have Tex for a long time and a lot of money.