Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Give Rand Paul a round of applause

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm unaware of this administration having their AG argue that habeus corpus isn't guaranteed in the Constitution.

Holder has stated, I agree it should of been better explained, that the Govt does not have any intent on using the power that the law allows of killing citizens within the US.

There is a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    It's always quite amusing to hear leftists who believe they are experts on what's going on in the world of the political right.

One day we hear tales of "The GOP is tearing itself apart because of these radical far right racists who don't see eye-to-eye with the establishment base. A party so staunchly divided is doomed to fail. MWAHAHAH"

Then suddenly, when faced with the shocking reality that they strongly align on even a single issue with one of these "racists", the story becomes "All of the GOP is exactly the same for all of eternity, so where were they 10 years ago?"

Their opinions vary with whatever suits their political message the most on that particular day. Doesn't matter what the issue or the policy being discussed is. Drown it all out in favor of "how can I spin this to make my enemies look bad today or make excuses for my guys?"

It would be hilarious if it weren't so prevalent.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Yes, congress gave the President this power, why aren't they in the process of changing the law?

How did the filibuster work out? Brennan still became the CIA Director.

I agree with Rand Paul about the President should not have the authority to use drone attacks within the U.S, but it appears this Administration has no intent of using the here as well.

Rand Paul has shown time and time again he's about Rand Paul and this guy Cruz is a joke as well, the GOP has a ton of problems and these two aren't helping.
    I thought the fillibuster worked out really well. The administration eventually came out and said unquestionably that it WOULD be illegal to kill an american citizen within the US boarders via drone strike if there was not a clear and imminent danger. More importantly we got to see some Republican and Democrat Senators take a stand on a fundamental "Bill of Rights" issue.

I like the drone program. I like that Sortero is ruthless when it comes to blasting terrorists. Now I think some of the killings may have something to do with the silly ideological opposition to using Guantanamo to detain prisoners. Easier to just kill them I guess. Either way I am for it. What I am against is the idea that big government can legally choose to blast Americans in America from the sky.

This is not a liberal vs conservative thing. If this were a Republican president libs would be protesting in Washington as we speak. To IJF I wonder if you are comfortable with the next "right wing loon" GOPer that gets elected as president having such a power.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm unaware of this administration having their AG argue that habeus corpus isn't guaranteed in the Constitution.

Holder has stated, I agree it should of been better explained, that the Govt does not have any intent on using the power that the law allows of killing citizens within the US.

There is a difference.
    This has what to do with my post?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    This has what to do with my post?
    I was against the Iraq war since day 1 and took a daily beating for it, I brought up Gonzalez for what he was a horrific AG and history shows those opinions to be valid.

You consider me a lefty liberal, I guess that makes me wrong about the last 10 years?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was against the Iraq war since day 1 and took a daily beating for it, I brought up Gonzalez for what he was a horrific AG and history shows those opinions to be valid.

You consider me a lefty liberal, I guess that makes me wrong about the last 10 years?
    I'm sorry, but I can't respond. Google Translate doesn't seem to have an option for "out in left field".

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry, but I can't respond. Google Translate doesn't seem to have an option for "out in left field".
    Leftist are experts when it come to righting history, right?

What part of my right wing history would you like to prove as inaccurate?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Leftist are experts when it come to righting history, right?

What part of my right wing history would you like to prove as inaccurate?
    LOL

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL
    Curveball and the tubes say hello.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mr. LowFlush Toilets are evil because I'm from a state that just got indoor plumbing 36 months ago.