Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Thread: Chiefs Release Eric Winston, thoughts

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Agreed. Even if Patman doesn't see it. Amazing how arrogant New England Patriots fans are because their GM 13 years ago lucked into the greatest qb of all-time in the 6th round that somehow makes them all better people than everyone else.
    Please, I don't believe just because the team I follow has had success the last 20 years, makes me any smarter or more of a fan than anyone here. They sucked for pretty much for 15 of the previous 20 years and I wasn't any less in touch because of it. I treat everybody here with respect. My opinions are my opinions and that is all they are. If I disagree, i give my reasons. You think my reasons are full of ****, fine, explain why?

  2. #22
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,801
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Please, I don't believe just because the team I follow has had success the last 20 years, makes me any smarter or more of a fan than anyone here. They sucked for pretty much for 15 of the previous 20 years and I wasn't any less in touch because of it. I treat everybody here with respect. My opinions are my opinions and that is all they are. If I disagree, i give my reasons. You think my reasons are full of ****, fine, explain why?
    I don't care about your opinions. I just will never understand how New England Patriots fans can waste their time on a site of a team they are not even a fan of.

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I don't care about your opinions. I just will never understand how New England Patriots fans can waste their time on a site of a team they are not even a fan of.
    then put me on ignore, you won't have to think about refuting them

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,547
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even Pats fans can't stand Pats fans... that's why they're here.

    But for real, some of you guys take this sh!t way too seriously. It's just a game.

  5. #25
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd pick him up. Make the room for a player like this, really really good RT esp in a ZBS scheme (with the Texans he was a top 5 RT).

  6. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,162
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    My thought is the Jets should go after him. He's a solid RT.
    I agree, he was excellent in college at UM, saw him play every game back then. He would add a lot to our OL.

  7. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,162
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Even Pats fans can't stand Pats fans... that's why they're here.

  8. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,162
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    How he was ranked last season? Is he strictly a RT or is he versatile enough to play OG as well?
    Believe he played across the line for injuries and matchups, but I remember this kid and I like him for some reason. I don't usually remember offensive lineman but he minimized tough defenders from FSU, among others, and really was impressed with the toughness.

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,757
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Jets want to solidify their Oline for the next 4 year rebuild, they would target 2 positions in FA this year.
    RT & LB

    That way they take Dion Jordan at the #1
    Imagine they do trade Revis for a 1st & 2nd.
    They could conceivably get Jordan, Vaccaro, Cooper, Giovanni, & go all skill position offense for the rest of the draft!

    Would anyone like that?
    Cople- Ellis- Wilkerson
    Jordan- Harris- Davis- FA
    Cro- Vaccaro- *Landry- Wilson

    Dbrick- Cooper - Mangold- Howard- Winston

    Powell- McKnight- Bernard

    * that's a damn good start in the 1st year of rebuild
    * Landry signs after not getting the ridiculous amount he was looking for.
    * if Idzik gets lucky in rounds 3-7 it could be one of the best drafts ever for our Jets.
    Last edited by jetster; 03-07-2013 at 07:22 AM.

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Winston's a top tier RT.

    We should have signed him last year, and we can't afford him this year, especially if we're going to give a second round tender to Austin Howard.

    He and Houston re-uniting would make a ton of sense.

  11. #31
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,483
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I don't get this scenario at all. Albert has never played on the Right side either at tackle or guard, why pay a guy 11 mill to play out of position. Not every guy can do it, I know they put Light on the Right side and he was just not
    comfortable putting his left arm down.

    I did not hear chief fans being disappointed in his play, He is a ZBS Tackle and maybe Reid and Andy Heck want to go with a man blocking scheme. I will be surprised if he did play well last year that some team just picks up his deal 3 years at 16 mill, no SB just cut him if he don't work out.
    It's a silly scenario. Much more likely they flip that (play Joeckel, assuming they take him, on the right side his rookie year) and either move forward with bookend tackles if they can come to terms with Albert on a long term deal, or let him walk next season and shift Joeckel to left tackle for 2014, after getting him some experience on the right side

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,483
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Because Albert was a high pick that happened to be a G. That is about the only reason I see he played LT. He wasn't very good at it. Likely yeah he ends up as the RT this year now but I would have just kept Winston at 5 mil and let Albert walk. It is not like there would have been a huge market for a bust G playing LT.
    Albert was always intended to be a tackle; the Chiefs said as much when they signed him to his rookie deal and he started 15 games at tackle his rookie year.

    Calling him "a bust G" just makes it clear you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about with respect to this player.

  13. #33
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,483
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Cutting Winston is cap posturing. They will now draft Joeckel and move Albert to RT saving them money to use in FA.
    I have no idea what "cap posturing" means, or why you think shifting Albert to RT will save them money. The cap number for first overall picks is roughly 5M per year, so cutting Winston and drafting a tackle at No. 1 leaves their positional spend pretty much exactly the same as it had been.

  14. #34
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Cutting Winston is cap posturing. They will now draft Joeckel and move Albert to RT saving them money to use in FA.
    Still think they should have kept Winston let Albert go, and then drafted Joeckel. If I was a Chiefs fan I'd be really pissed. 6 mil extra dollars so I could have two LTs? He's only like a year older, and now Albert is refusing to move to RT.

  15. #35
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    I have no idea what "cap posturing" means, or why you think shifting Albert to RT will save them money. The cap number for first overall picks is roughly 5M per year, so cutting Winston and drafting a tackle at No. 1 leaves their positional spend pretty much exactly the same as it had been.
    Well I'm pretty sure Joekel is going to be much better than Winston, but Albert is not, and that would have saved them 6 mil in cap space.

  16. #36
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,483
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Still think they should have kept Winston let Albert go, and then drafted Joeckel. If I was a Chiefs fan I'd be really pissed. 6 mil extra dollars so I could have two LTs? He's only like a year older, and now Albert is refusing to move to RT.
    It's highly unlikely that the plan was to move Albert to RT. There's no reason to toss a rookie OT in at LT when they can ease him in at RT.

    BTW, I'm sure Albert will play RT very happily if the Chiefs sign him to a long term deal at a LT salary level. Only reason he'd be upset playing RT is how it would impact his negotiating position next offseason. Money solves many problems.

    The reality is, if the Chiefs draft Joeckel, they are planning to move on from Albert after this year.

  17. #37
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,803
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Even Pats fans can't stand Pats fans... that's why they're here.

    But for real, some of you guys take this sh!t way too seriously. It's just a game.
    They're here because they know that if they want a spot on the interwebs to go rile up Jets fans, here is the place. No other Jets fansite allows this kind of BS. Sooth wants the hits, so we're stuck with the trolls.

    Best we can do is make the irritable c*nts' stay here as unpleasant as possible.

  18. #38
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,803
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I'm a worthless pile of excrement here to rile up the natives.
    fixed for accuracy.

  19. #39
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Jets could move Howard inside to Guard and start Winston at RT. Not a bad idea at all if Idzik can do enough cap manuevering to make it possible.
    Isn't Howard way too tall to play OG? He'd block SANCHEZ's view and another excuse will be born!

  20. #40
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,227
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Trade downs usually don't happen in today's NFL unless you have a QB like RG3. The days of the New Orleans Saints trading their entire draft for a running back are over.
    You mean me begging for St.Louis to give us a 1 this year and next for Revis isn't happening

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us