Thread: We're gonna have to talk about this 4.19 kid from Northern Iowa

All Pro

We're gonna have to talk about this 4.19 kid from Northern Iowa

I know, I know. I didn't want to either.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...e-40-4048.html

I thought - whatever. We got all kinds of wannabe track stars trying pretend they can play ball. Guys like Goodman, who look sloppy in drills... who cares if some kid ran a 4.19 from Northern Iowa...

Then i watched some highlights... albeit Youtube selectively chosen.. but nonetheless. You'll see what I'm saying. If there's anything I know how to evaluate, it's WRs. ...Not saying he's worth top 2 round selection, but...

All I'm gonna say is - if he doesn't make it in the NFL, it won't be because he can't get separation, or adjust to the ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMRdpwdoUxI

He actually looks really good, you're right......adjusts to the ball extremely well and looks very fluid and natural

Not sure if the 4.19 is exactly correct but he looks very fast so who knows

Would take a shot in the middle-late rounds for sure

All Pro
    Undersized, fast kid from Northern Iowa? It's Kenny Shedd all over again!

All Pro
    um what?

And he's 6'1" 195 -- ok sign me up in the 5th.

All Pro
    I'd put a flyer in for him as soon as the plateau arrives in the 4th.

Veteran
    I'd like to see his non-highlights also. Looks great in that youtube video, but why is he rated so low? What's the catch?

All Pro
    Probably cause it's small school running a pistol-spread like offense. They're a dime a dozen. Stats don't always call attention to the player...

I dunno man. I just know that his real or unreal 4.19 turned all eyes on Northern Iowa briefly and some, including myself, are officially interested.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Probably cause it's small school running a pistol-spread like offense. They're a dime a dozen. Stats don't always call attention to the player...

I dunno man. I just know that his real or unreal 4.19 turned all eyes on Northern Iowa briefly and some, including myself, are officially interested.
    Don't get me wrong. I'm interested. Like I said, that video was impressive. His adjustments and ability to separate actually kind of remind me a bit of Holmes. If his 40 is true, he is worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    I'd like to see his non-highlights also. Looks great in that youtube video, but why is he rated so low? What's the catch?
    +1. that being said, I liked the way he attacked the ball, we need this. 3rd or 4th round for sure, 2nd if he really runs a 4.19. That's insane speed and the way he looks... 2 for somebody.

I guy like that can be a threat to score anywhere you line him up. With the proper coaching he can be a weapon. I would take late round flyer on him also.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Makes me think of Renaldo Skeets Nehemiah.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Awesome music.

Is that off of their Christmas album?

_

I'd take him in the fifth or as a priority UDFA signing. Swopes is another speedy burner that can be had in the 3rd and onwards. Pretty fly for a white guy

Al Davis resurrected himself so the Raiders could take him in the 1st round.