Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Josina Anderson: Jets expressing interest in Charles Woodson

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry but the responses on this thread are silly. Why wouldn't we look at Woodson when most on this board are in favor of re-siging Bell who's the same age.

Woodson fits a need at FS, will provide sorely needed veteran leadership, and will be cheap. I applaud the FO for evaluating all the options...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by suprjet View Post
    Sorry but the responses on this thread are silly. Why wouldn't we look at Woodson when most on this board are in favor of re-siging Bell who's the same age.

Woodson fits a need at FS, will provide sorely needed veteran leadership, and will be cheap. I applaud the FO for evaluating all the options...
    What makes you think Woodson is going to be so cheap? IF he was going to be so cheap then most contending teams would look to sign him as well. The only reason Woodson comes to the Jets is if they are willing to pay him the most.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    What makes you think Woodson is going to be so cheap? IF he was going to be so cheap then most contending teams would look to sign him as well. The only reason Woodson comes to the Jets is if they are willing to pay him the most.
    The point is that IF HE COMES CHEAP, then he is someone the jets should look at. Obviously if he wants a 3 year 18 Million dollar contract he is not someone the Jets should look at.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    The point is that IF HE COMES CHEAP, then he is someone the jets should look at. Obviously if he wants a 3 year 18 Million dollar contract he is not someone the Jets should look at.
    My point was more that IF he was that cheap, then teams like the 49ers, Ravens and even the Packers would be way more attractive options for Woodson.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmnmmmm why don't we let the new GM run the team and explore all options to make us better!!!

Maybe just maybe he has a plan that doesn't include letting us know what is going on!!! Building a team is like putting together a jigsaw puzzle.

Please let's give the Jets FO at least a season before we start implying they are incompetent.

Good Grief!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by will7046 View Post
    No way he comes to this mess anyway
    But I thought everyone wants to play for Rex.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    My point was more that IF he was that cheap, then teams like the 49ers, Ravens and even the Packers would be way more attractive options for Woodson.
    + 1
    Cheap + Championship goals does not equal 2013 Jets

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    But I thought everyone wants to play for Rex.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Future HOFer at the end of his career, playing in the the NY media market. Seems he'd have many opportunities to explore post NFL career moves whilst making some money. Might even get an endorsement or three.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hard to argue this. Whether we like it or not, this team is not attractive to an aging player willing to take less than what they can get elsewhere.

I think he would be a good presence in the locker room, but he'd have to be nuts to choose this team at a salary that management can afford.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do not want. Don't want Bell back either- would love to see Jim Leonhard in green again- he may not be 100% healthy but he's under 35 and he'll be (reasonably) cheap.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe we can get an ageing art monk and leonard marshall to suit up as well

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think ultimately the Jets lock in Revis to an extension and trade Cro for a 2nd round pick. Cro is a top 5 CB with a reasonable deal and that is attractive trade bait.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Josina Anderson? ?????

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Per @JosinaAnderson, the #Jets were one of the teams expressing interest in free agent corner/safety Charles Woodson.

Josina Anderson ‏@JosinaAnderson
    NFL sources tell me that the Seahawks, the Dolphins, the Jets and the Giants are among teams that have called to discuss Charles Woodson.

Agent Carl Poston to me on Charles Woodson: "I talked to Charles Woodson yesterday and we're discussing possible upcoming visits. There are a number of teams that have expressed interest in him. He is still interested in playing for a contender."

Emmy Winner. ESPN Bureau reporter. Formerly with Showtime Inside the NFL, Fox31, Tar Heel Track, American Youth Ballet. Wilhelmina/Media.
    So out of those 4 teams the Jets will be last on Woodson's list. Giants 1st SeaHawks 2nd Fins 3rd and Jets last so basically the Jets would have to overpay to get Woodson. Typical. He wont be a Jet!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    And here's Charles Woodson's, who's stated he'd want to play for a contender, reaction:

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    A washed up "name" so that PSL suckers feel good they get to see NFL stars wear green. Merriman and Haynesworth should be next. Lets dig up Otto Graham and give the 50 granders something to really cheer about. Go Green