Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 241

Thread: Anyone else hate that REX is still here

  1. #81
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    818
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    Guge also said that Wayne Hunter would be the starter, as long as he was the OL coach...... why would anyone believe anything he says.

    Pettine, IMO, wanted to make a name for himself...... he would never do that, under Rex Ryan.

    This is not something that's exclusive to Rex...... Belicheat has had plenty of coordinators leave, for a variety of reasons. And, upon leaving, some opened their mouths about the Pats. Mangini opened up the Spygate can of worms and McDaniels stated that cheating was common practice.

    NO HC is a great OC and DC..... that's why you hire competent people to compliment your strengths. Belicheat won, when he had great coordinators, in Weis and Crennel. McCarthy has the best QB in the league, but he only won when Capers had the defense playing top 3. Payton is a great OC, with a great QB, but he only won when Williams had the defense top rated. I can keep going on and on...... but, the bottom line is there are no HCs that are great at offense AND defense....... there just AREN'T.
    Tom Landry is the only one I can think of who could do both well.

  2. #82
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,367
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4827994]
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post

    Are you comparing Cam to Tebow? The Jets face a very tough NFC South next season. All four teams are QB-driven. Do you want Sanchez in charge of this campaign?
    Is he or is he not a QB the size of a TE? That's you comparing them, right after you compared Cam Newton to Drew Brees, and Matty Ice. I also said nothing about Sanchez who will not be starting, but even if he were, he would not be playing defense. Btw to answer your question. No I'm not afraid of the Panthers offensive machine. I'll be surprised if they score 10 points on offense.
    Last edited by NY's stepchild; 03-07-2013 at 06:51 PM.

  3. #83
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    818
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Rex performed a near miracle squeezing out six wins with this team of nobodies and missing its top offensive and defensive players. Compare to KC who have something like a half dozen pro-bowlers and a QB that got 11 wins with the Pats. Who only managed 2 wins. If the GM/owner are going to insist on hiring rookie coaches they have to give them a chance to learn on the job.
    Absolutely correct. Put Jamal Charles and Eric Berry on last year's team and they probably win 9 games even with Sanchez.

  4. #84
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    Post Thanks / Like
    Going back to the OP's original post, I feel we all should be concerned. Its obvious that Rex is coaching for his job this year. The problem is that he is not going to be patient, and he is not going to want to start/play very many rookies. If it was up to him, he would mortgage the future for 2013.

    Idzik has to make sure the decisions that are made are for the best interest of the team long term. I see a major rift developing and if it does not occur it will only be because Idzik is giving into Rex or Rex and come to grips that he will be a DC come Jan. 2014.

  5. #85
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,381
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I think Idzik is a yes man period.
    Idzik is a horrible general manager.

    SAR I

  6. #86
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,381
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He lost the players in 2011. He lost his coaching staff in 2012.
    I can't recall an NFL head coach who failed this badly.

    - The guy lost three consecutive AFC Championship Games.

    - The guy got passed over by his own team, and they wind up winning the Super Bowl only after they dismantle his defense.

    - Every guy he drafted has been a bust.

    - Every good player he inherited has fallen to pieces.

    - Every coach who worked for him couldn't wait to leave town.

    - No GM candidate would take the job because he was still employed here.

    Rex Ryan is The Devil.

    SAR I

  7. #87
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I can't recall an NFL head coach who failed this badly.

    - The guy lost three consecutive AFC Championship Games.

    - The guy got passed over by his own team, and they wind up winning the Super Bowl only after they dismantle his defense.

    - Every guy he drafted has been a bust.

    - Every good player he inherited has fallen to pieces.

    - Every coach who worked for him couldn't wait to leave town.

    - No GM candidate would take the job because he was still employed here.

    Rex Ryan is The Devil.

    SAR I
    This is gold. I don't agree but your shtick is gold.

  8. #88
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,381
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    This is gold. I don't agree but your shtick is gold.
    I only wish it was schtick. It would mean we have a good head coach, would mean I could attend a few games next season instead of selling my seats to enemy fans.

    SAR I

  9. #89
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,162
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Wow! Such high standards.
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    This is gold. I don't agree but your shtick is gold.
    there's a lot of truth in his shtick.

  10. #90
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    E'Ville
    Posts
    1,241
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

    - The guy got passed over by his own team, and they wind up winning the Super Bowl only after they dismantle his defense.
    Last I checked, Suggs, Ngata, Reed, and Lewis weren't dismantled from the defense.

  11. #91
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,381
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Last I checked, Suggs, Ngata, Reed, and Lewis weren't dismantled from the defense.
    Old, older, ancient, fossilized.

    The Ravens didn't win playoff games on defense. Pay attention.

    SAR I

  12. #92
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    917
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I can't recall an NFL head coach who failed this badly.

    - The guy lost three consecutive AFC Championship Games.

    It was two but fine you get this one. He wasn't the Headcoach of the '08 Ravens. Harbaugh was, that loss is on him. You don't get to skew your own argument to make your point work. His players are just as responsible. Bart Scott and the rest of the linebackers didn't make the plays necessary. Neither did that D-Line. They performed against the Patriots, there is no excuses as to why they didn't play to their ability.

    - The guy got passed over by his own team, and they wind up winning the Super Bowl only after they dismantle his defense.

    Have no clue as to what you're saying here, the Ranvens made a different choice fine, but aside from a few minor players, that defense has been exactly the same. Suggs, Ngata, Reed, Lewis were all on that team, there was no dismantling. Did they draft a few guys? Yeah. The main difference between those two teams was the emergence of Flacco and the offense.

    - Every guy he drafted has been a bust.

    Absolutely not. Wilkerson and Coples say "Hi". Considering where Wilson was taken I also don't think its fair to call him a bust. He was pretty solid last year...and I despised that pick.

    - Every good player he inherited has fallen to pieces.

    Again, no clue what you're talking about. It's Rex's fault that players get old or injured and began to decline?

    - Every coach who worked for him couldn't wait to leave town.

    Whatever will we do without the genius' that are Bill Callahan, Brian Schottenheimer, or Mike Pettine? The same Mike Pettine who, by the way, fielded our worst defense under Rex when left in sole charge of the D. He left because he knew that if he stayed here, he'd always be in Rex's shadow. Nothing more, nothing less.

    - No GM candidate would take the job because he was still employed here.

    Nonsense and you know it.

    Rex Ryan is The Devil.

    SAR I
    If you don't want people to assume you are a troll or are trolling when you post, then you have to actually post sh*t that has some merit. Otherwise, it just comes off as schtick.

  13. #93
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    1,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    No

  14. #94
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,381
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    If you don't want people to assume you are a troll or are trolling when you post, then you have to actually post sh*t that has some merit. Otherwise, it just comes off as schtick.
    I'm not here for you, my little bear.

    I'm here for me.

    Rex Ryan is a joke. He is not a head coach. He's a punchline. 99% of Jets fans are fed up, want him gone. Get the memo.

    SAR I

  15. #95
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,776
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    This is not a Rex bashing thread.

    But you can already see that Idzik and Rex are pretty far apart on some of the major issues including Revis, and I just get a sick feeling because I think our rebuilding could be compromised because of it.

    Woody was wrong to force Rex to stay. Idzik needs an open charter to rebuild the team, not fight continuously with a lame duck coach who will continue to want to keep washed up veterans and only draft defense.

    It just really bothers me. Rex should be gone. Not after this season when the the Jets suck, likely with Sanchez again if Rex gets his way.
    Its RexNEffectz last yr with Jets if he doesnt produce. just sayin!

  16. #96
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,776
    Post Thanks / Like
    im sick of all the BS really.. U cant have BIGMOUTH Coach and be LLinstock too

  17. #97
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,381
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    im sick of all the BS really.. U cant have BIGMOUTH Coach and be LLinstock too
    It is clear that Woody Johnson is throwing in the towel on the 2013 season. It's going to be a train-wreck that will put us a year behind in our preparation for 2017 when Belichick and Brady are gone. He's keeping Rex because he doesn't want to pay him $8M to disappear.

    The only thing enjoyable about this upcoming 4-12 campaign is that it's going to ruin Rex Ryan's reputation forever, he'll never land another HC job in the NFL again. I won't be attending any games, can't stomach the Clown on the sidelines anymore, but I'll be smiling after every humiliating loss because it's what's best for our future.

    SAR I

  18. #98
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Old Bridge, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,139
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Idzik is a horrible general manager.

    SAR I
    Please tell me you are joking with this...the damn off-season didnt even start yet and you are sold this guy is terrible??? Fans like you is what make the jets fanbase a joke...please sell your tix and go follow another team.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

  19. #99
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,381
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Please tell me you are joking with this...the damn off-season didnt even start yet and you are sold this guy is terrible??? Fans like you is what make the jets fanbase a joke...please sell your tix and go follow another team.
    No. It's fans like you who make the Jets fanbase a joke. Now is not the time for make-believe, not the time to pretend that there is a Santa Claus and everything is going to be alright. Jets fans in denial are what makes our fanbase a joke. All those empty "this year we overtake the Patriots!" comments, all those ridiculous "Rex says this is the best team he's ever coached!" one-liners, it just makes you look ignorant, just makes fans of enemy teams laugh at us a little harder.

    We got the last GM candidate available, a guy that most NFL experts agree isn't ready for the job, a guy whose resume says he's nothing more than an operator. So you can sit here and wait for him to impress you. That's your prerogative. But I'll sit here knowing what I've heard and what I've read and come to the quick conclusion that we're f-cked for a few years. And I don't have to be happy about it. And I don't have to pretend that everything's going to be okay just to appease a bunch of gullible starry-eyed dreamers.

    SAR I

  20. #100
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex is a good coach. Only an idiot would try and convince otherwise.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us