Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 241

Thread: Anyone else hate that REX is still here

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Actually, the Jets never should have lost that game.

    Nice clutch grab by Hill.
    Exactly. He catches that ball (the pass was right in his hands!!!!) and that game is over.

    Aside from Opening Day, that was the only game last year that I thought Sanchez played well.

  2. #142
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Exactly. He catches that ball (the pass was right in his hands!!!!) and that game is over.

    Aside from Opening Day, that was the only game last year that I thought Sanchez played well.
    I can't believe Rex made him drop that ball.

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I can't believe Rex made him drop that ball.
    LOL

    For the record, I friggin' love Rex. I wish he'd tone down the smack talk, but otherwise I think he's been great for this franchise.

    That said, I think Woody should have given the new GM the option to fire him.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    This is not a Rex bashing thread.

    But you can already see that Idzik and Rex are pretty far apart on some of the major issues including Revis, and I just get a sick feeling because I think our rebuilding could be compromised because of it.

    Woody was wrong to force Rex to stay. Idzik needs an open charter to rebuild the team, not fight continuously with a lame duck coach who will continue to want to keep washed up veterans and only draft defense.

    It just really bothers me. Rex should be gone. Not after this season when the the Jets suck, likely with Sanchez again if Rex gets his way.

    Not as much as it bothers me that the entire front office is still here. At least we know Rex was Woody's decision alone. But the fact that Idzik has kept a personnel team in place that has failed so miserably, and hasn't brought in anyone from the outside that he's worked with before, is a huge red flag IMO and makes me really worry about Idzik's judgment. It suggests to me he may be no different than Woody in terms of tolerating mediocrity.

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Old Bridge, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,210
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    If you and your fellow hero-worshiper could actually read you would have noticed that I said I was joking and that it remains to be seen.

    And if you could comprehend you would know that pretty much the only thing SAR and I agree on is Rex.

    Keep trying.
    Any chance you get you suck up to sars nuts and the patsie trolls.....you want to fit in with the people that you feel are cool....did you happen to be in a frat or are still in one?

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Any chance you get you suck up to sars nuts and the patsie trolls.....you want to fit in with the people that you feel are cool....did you happen to be in a frat or are still in one?

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Nevermid DeeDeeDeeNYJets. He's in a heated competition with Nike and Joe W Namath for the title of Dumbest Motherf*cker on JI.

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Old Bridge, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Nevermid DeeDeeDeeNYJets. He's in a heated competition with Nike and Joe W Namath for the title of Dumbest Motherf*cker on JI.


    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    LOL

    For the record, I friggin' love Rex. I wish he'd tone down the smack talk, but otherwise I think he's been great for this franchise.

    That said, I think Woody should have given the new GM the option to fire him.
    Who knows, maybe he did.

  9. #149
    The people who want Rex fired after his first losing season in 4 years are hysterical.


    No Revis

    No Holmes

    Holes all over the neglected offensive roster

    Holes on defense

    Sanchez self-destructing

    Tebow magic


    Yeah, Eric Mangina would have easily gone 14-2 last season with this cast of clowns.

  10. #150
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    LOL

    For the record, I friggin' love Rex. I wish he'd tone down the smack talk, but otherwise I think he's been great for this franchise.

    That said, I think Woody should have given the new GM the option to fire him.
    He has definitely toned down. He still has the occasional outburst, but he definitely has put in a major effort. He is learning. We already know he can coach, scheme, and play call with the best of them. I don't think we've ever had a coach better in this area. With Parcells he did everything well that Rex struggles with, but he was not the strategist that Rex is. He needed little Bill for that. Look how well Parcells did with Rick Meyer as QB. How has he done any year he didn't have Bellicheck? No QB= losing no matter who the HC is. Rex should get a trophy for the amount of games he's won with the offense he's had. His losses have coincided with the decline in LBer play. If we get some LBers, and an average offense we will be right there in contention again. These guys forget how bad things can get, and how many lousy coaches we've had. They also overlook how many years even the great HCs lost before they became great HCs, and how many of them coincidentally had great coordinators, and QBs.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    LOL

    For the record, I friggin' love Rex. I wish he'd tone down the smack talk, but otherwise I think he's been great for this franchise.

    That said, I think Woody should have given the new GM the option to fire him.
    Rex has toned down. it's amazing what losing 2 years in a row will do.

    We have beaten ONE team with a winning record in 2 years.

    the only thing keeping fat boy silent.

  12. #152
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Nevermid DeeDeeDeeNYJets. He's in a heated competition with Nike and Joe W Namath for the title of Dumbest Motherf*cker on JI.
    Sourcecheese, are you bestowing awards upon me now? Your post stalking me. Kind of teh ghey.

  13. #153
    Nope, I love Rex. Hes a good football coach, I just hate that he'll be a lame duck most likely and get fired because this team sucks and needs to rebuild.


    Even a NFC executive said this.

    The first NFC exec affirmed, "That's not a very good football team. What's too bad is [if you trade Revis], the sacrificial lamb is a damn good football coach. He's gonna lose his job over this, that's the shame of it. But based on where they are, and they look like a 3-13 or 5-11 club, it makes sense to get the picks and rebuild."

  14. #154
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Sourcecheese, are you bestowing awards upon me now? Your post stalking me. Kind of teh ghey.
    You earn them every time you post, sh!t-d!ck.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Nope, I love Rex. Hes a good football coach, I just hate that he'll be a lame duck most likely and get fired because this team sucks and needs to rebuild.


    Even a NFC executive said this.
    He is definitely a good even outstanding football coach. He is a mediocre head coach.

  16. #156
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    The people who want Rex fired after his first losing season in 4 years are hysterical.

    No Revis

    No Holmes

    Holes all over the neglected offensive roster

    Holes on defense

    Sanchez self-destructing

    Tebow magic

    Yeah, Eric Mangina would have easily gone 14-2 last season with this cast of clowns.
    Rex built the team, thus the flaw in your argument.

    It's ALL on Rex. We're 1-11 against teams with winning records since 2010. This is his "masterpiece", this is what HE built. "This is the most talented group I've ever been around, I'm excited." Yup.

    SAR I

  17. #157
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post

    For the record, I friggin' love Rex. I wish he'd tone down the smack talk, but otherwise I think he's been great for this franchise.
    Tailgaters love alcohol and cornhole, so their "love" of the worst head coach in Jets history doesn't surprise me. We all do stupid things when we're drunk.

    SAR I

  18. #158
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,225
    Hopefully this time next year David Shaw will be our HC and we will be on the road to becoming a model franchise with he and Idzik commanding respect from the rest of the league.

    I like Rex as a person and I hope he goes the TV route. Maybe NFLN will hire him and he and Tanny can have their own show together.

  19. #159
    Rex is a good coach.
    Rex can be a great coach.
    Rex needs to coach and leave the player choices to the GM and his team, like he did in Baltimore.
    In Baltimore Rex didn't pick the players, he had input. Newsome and his team made those choices. It's taken them time and two head coaches, but they have won two super bowls. Even with Ray Lewis, who was done.

    Rex will more than likely be gone, unless they make a run in the playoffs.

  20. #160
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Rex is a good coach.
    Rex can be a great coach.
    Rex needs to coach and leave the player choices to the GM and his team, like he did in Baltimore.
    In Baltimore Rex didn't pick the players, he had input. Newsome and his team made those choices. It's taken them time and two head coaches, but they have won two super bowls. Even with Ray Lewis, who was done.

    Rex will more than likely be gone, unless they make a run in the playoffs.
    Rex is a bad coach.
    Baltimore only won after Rex Ryan left.
    Rex is already gone.

    SAR I

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us