Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 241

Thread: Anyone else hate that REX is still here

  1. #181
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,550
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Probably because he failed miserably in Cleavland, and then at Foxboro until he lucked into Brady.
    Even Bill Walsh had 2 losing seasons 2-14,6-10 until Montana came alive in 1981 then he was great..

  2. #182
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    SAR is exposing his lack of business skills here, or at least his inability to evaluate and judge talent, let alone how to use it. His is exhibiting simplistic binary thinking (to the extent there is any) in assuming because he heard the guy use business speak, that somehow prevents him from being a good personnel evaluator. As if, a smart person who is good at football couldn't also learn the pat phrases of business-speak. But that only speaks to SAR's limitations - he assumes others are as limited as himself.
    He lets his personal feelings get in the way, which is just what Rex' problem is except the opposite. You know, good vs evil. That's why Rex shouldn't be a businessman, and neither should Sary. Keep Rex out of the front office, and he's a great HC. Keep Sary out of the front office, and he's...well he's that creepy guy that hangs out at the kiddie park taking pictures with his phone.

  3. #183
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Probably because he failed miserably in Cleavland, and then at Foxboro until he lucked into Brady.
    You do realize it was BB who drafted and developed Brady?

    Too bad the Jets passed on him 6 times.

  4. #184
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,550
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    You do realize it was BB who drafted and developed Brady?

    Too bad the Jets passed on him 6 times.
    And the Pats thought so much of him they took Antwan Harris with their first 6 rd pick it's a good thing the Pats had three 6th rounders that year..

  5. #185
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,185
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    You do realize it was BB who drafted and developed Brady?

    Too bad the Jets passed on him 6 times.
    Adrian Klemm
    J. R. Redmond
    Greg Robinson-Randall
    Dave Stachelski
    Jeff Marriott
    Antwan Harris

    who are those guys above?

  6. #186
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,946
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    You do realize it was BB who drafted and developed Brady?

    Too bad the Jets passed on him 6 times.
    So Bellicheck is the GM and QBs coach too. Why can't you guys win a SB?

  7. #187
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    You do realize it was BB who drafted and developed Brady?

    Too bad the Jets passed on him 6 times.
    A 6th round pick (especially one that's a QB) turning into a Hall of Famer is 100% pure dumb luck.

    You hope a 6th round QB develops into a solid backup to trade down the road (like Matt Cassell), or a serviceable starter. NOBODY ever thinks those picks will turn into what Brady became. That's why they make it to the 6th round in the first place.

  8. #188
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    A 6th round pick (especially one that's a QB) turning into a Hall of Famer is 100% pure dumb luck.

    You hope a 6th round QB develops into a solid backup to trade down the road (like Matt Cassell), or a serviceable starter. NOBODY ever thinks those picks will turn into what Brady became. That's why they make it to the 6th round in the first place.
    BB knew Brady was going to be a HOF QB.

    Why waste an earlier draft pick when BB knew Brady would be available at #199?

  9. #189
    I love Rex Ryan. He's going nowhere, we'll be fine this year. His issue was "his guys". Eric Smith, Calvin Pace, Bart Scott

  10. #190
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Far Rock,Queens,NYC
    Posts
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    BB knew Brady was going to be a HOF QB.

    Why waste an earlier draft pick when BB knew Brady would be available at #199?
    U mean BB knew he was going to cheat and give Brady the other teams defensive play calls so why not take the chance on a 6 round pick!

  11. #191
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    I love Rex Ryan. He's going nowhere, we'll be fine this year. His issue was "his guys". Eric Smith, Calvin Pace, Bart Scott
    Rex Ryan is going to have another losing season. Will look something like this:

    2011: 8-8
    2012: 6-10
    2013: 4-12

    What a great coach. He shops for all the groceries and we suck. Open your eyes.

    SAR I

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Rex built the team
    No.


    That's why you have this new invention called the Sports Team General Manager. I'm sure Rex was dying to trade for Tebow.

  13. #193
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,550
    Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    I love Rex Ryan. He's going nowhere, we'll be fine this year. His issue was "his guys". Eric Smith, Calvin Pace, Bart Scott
    Smith and Pace were here before Rex.. So was Revis who Rex does love..

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Rex is a bad coach.
    Baltimore only won after Rex Ryan left.
    Rex is already gone.

    SAR I
    You realize Baltimore won a Super Bowl while Rex was an assistant on the staff and went to an AFCG with him as the DC in 2008.


    I'd love to know who this amazing coaching candidate is you want to replace Rex? None of the big names like Gruden and Cowher are going to work for Woody Johnson especially after his public meddling with the team last season. You want another clown who got coffee for Belichick like Mangenius? Or how about another retread?
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 03-09-2013 at 11:39 AM.

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    You do realize it was BB who drafted and developed Brady?

    Too bad the Jets passed on him 6 times.
    So did the entire NFL including your team of the month the Pats 5X. We get it. You're a frontrunner who probably rooted for the Dallas Cowgirls in the 90's with Aikman and Jimmy Johnson and now you're this big deal nice-weather Cheatriot fan.

  16. #196
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    BB knew Brady was going to be a HOF QB.

    Why waste an earlier draft pick when BB knew Brady would be available at #199?
    Lol. Dick.

  17. #197
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    So did the entire NFL including your team of the month the Pats 5X. We get it. You're a frontrunner who probably rooted for the Dallas Cowgirls in the 90's with Aikman and Jimmy Johnson and now you're this big deal nice-weather Cheatriot fan.
    Actually, the Pats passed on him 6 times. They used their second 6th round pick that year to draft Brady.

    The teams I have rooted for:

    70's- Steelers
    80's- 49ers
    90's- Cowboys
    00's- Patriots
    10's- Probably switch to the 49ers

  18. #198
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,550
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Actually, the Pats passed on him 6 times. They used their second 6th round pick that year to draft Brady.

    The teams I have rooted for:

    70's- Steelers
    80's- 49ers
    90's- Cowboys
    00's- Patriots
    10's- Probably switch to the 49ers
    You know a bunch of posters will believe that..

  19. #199
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,183
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Rex Ryan is going to have another losing season. Will look something like this:

    2011: 8-8
    2012: 6-10
    2013: 4-12

    What a great coach. He shops for all the groceries and we suck. Open your eyes.

    SAR I

    another day


    MLS

    more lame shtick


    MLS


    I suggest these three initials as everyone's response to every SARry post

    starting NOW
    Last edited by sg3; 03-09-2013 at 01:42 PM.

  20. #200
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    You realize Baltimore won a Super Bowl while Rex was an assistant on the staff and went to an AFCG with him as the DC in 2008.

    I'd love to know who this amazing coaching candidate is you want to replace Rex? None of the big names like Gruden and Cowher are going to work for Woody Johnson especially after his public meddling with the team last season. You want another clown who got coffee for Belichick like Mangenius? Or how about another retread?
    The next head coach of the New York Jets:

    Not Rex Ryan

    He's going to be awesome. Maybe even spectacularly average. There's no way he can be worse.

    SAR I

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us