Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else hate that REX is still here

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else hate that REX is still here

This is not a Rex bashing thread.

But you can already see that Idzik and Rex are pretty far apart on some of the major issues including Revis, and I just get a sick feeling because I think our rebuilding could be compromised because of it.

Woody was wrong to force Rex to stay. Idzik needs an open charter to rebuild the team, not fight continuously with a lame duck coach who will continue to want to keep washed up veterans and only draft defense.

It just really bothers me. Rex should be gone. Not after this season when the the Jets suck, likely with Sanchez again if Rex gets his way.
    Last edited by johnnysd; 03-07-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Lucky to have him.

Sad some here can't see that

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post

But you can already see that Idzik and Rex are pretty far apart on some of the major issues including Revis, and I just get a sick feeling because I think our rebuilding could be compromised because of it.

Woody was wrong to force Rex to stay. Idzik needs an open charter to rebuild the team, not fight continuously with a lame duck coach who will continue to want to keep washed up veterans and only draft defense.

It just really bothers me. Rex should be gone. Not on a year after the Jets suck, likely with Sanchez again if Rex gets his way.
    I don't hate it because Rex is on notice for this year. If they completely bomb this year, Rex will be gone.

And there has been no hardcore evidence to prove in fighting between Idzik and Rex. Just supposition.

I also disagree with the notion that Tannenbaum and Rex should have gone together because "they are tied at the hip"

Was Tanny tied to Mangini? Herm? I don't think so. So why all of the sudden is he tied to Rex at the hip.
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 03-07-2013 at 01:22 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex is awesome,I hope he is here for te next 10 years.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

It just really bothers me. Rex should be gone. Not after this season when the the Jets suck, likely with Sanchez again if Rex gets his way.
    You know, now that I think about it, it does bother me that Rex is still here.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    Rex is awesome,I hope he is here for te next 10 years.
    +1

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't even have to look at SAR's post and know what he said.

And PatsFanTX, I think he was being sarcastic.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    +1
    I would be happy too if I was you.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think hate is strong. I do think it should have been Idzik's choice 100%, and it sounds like it wasn't.

But every year, Rex has fielded a competitive (if not elite) defense, and now with an experienced and previously-successful guy running the offense, it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Rex has had the bottom of the barrel as far as OCs - I think he deserves a shot with a competent signal-caller. And if he can find a way to get to 7 or 8 wins with this pathetic roster, I think he should stay even longer. 4 wins or less and he's probably gone.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Rex is a good coach but make no mistake, that is NOT the reason he is still here.

Money is the reason. If Woody did not have to eat another two years of salary, he would be gone.

The Jets are rebuilding. Rex is a lame duck coach. Revis is leaving. Sanchez will be the starter. Jets fans will endure.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1
    Wait a minute. Why do you care if Rex stays? You said that great teams don't worry about bad teams in their division. So why do you care?

/Logic

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Lucky to have him.

Sad some here can't see that
    He is a defensive coordinator not a head coach. Rex's best characteristic as a leader is loyalty. After Mangini, that loyalty was a valuable asset that rallied this team and led to 2 championship games.

But Rex's loyalty is also his downfall and why he will never sustain long term success as a head coach. Rex only sees "his" players for what they were and continues to trot them out there long after their skills have diminished. He is blindly loyal to poorly performing players (like Sanchez) and is unable to pull the trigger on tough changes and stick with them

He is known as a players coach, but he dramatically favors "his" defensive players. He so wants to be like by his players that he lets division and conflict fester and he has lost control of this team 2 years running. He is a loudmouth that puts additional pressure on his team

He is completely clueless when it comes to offense and NFL football is about offense no matter what he thinks.

We are not lucky to have him, he is one of the most overrated HC in the NFL. He may well be the best defensive coordinator in the NFL ot at least Top 5, but he is not a long term HC.

He needs to be gone. Some people can't see why he gets the support he does. Plus his philosophy and Idzik's do not match at all. This will end badly.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Wait a minute. Why do you care if Rex stays? You said that great teams don't worry about bad teams in their division. So why do you care?

/Logic
    Seriously?

I'd much prefer Wrecks staying for the next 10 years rather than the Jets finding a good, competent HC.

All the Jets are doing is paying a DC to be a HC.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is a defensive coordinator not a head coach. Rex's best characteristic as a leader is loyalty. After Mangini, that loyalty was a valuable asset that rallied this team and led to 2 championship games.

But Rex's loyalty is also his downfall and why he will never sustain long term success as a head coach. Rex only sees "his" players for what they were and continues to trot them out there long after their skills have diminished. He is blindly loyal to poorly performing players (like Sanchez) and is unable to pull the trigger on tough changes and stick with them

He is known as a players coach, but he dramatically favors "his" defensive players. He so wants to be like by his players that he lets division and conflict fester and he has lost control of this team 2 years running. He is a loudmouth that puts additional pressure on his team

He is completely clueless when it comes to offense and NFL football is about offense no matter what he thinks.

We are not lucky to have him, he is one of the most overrated HC in the NFL. He may well be the best defensive coordinator in the NFL ot at least Top 5, but he is not a long term HC.

He needs to be gone. Some people can't see why he gets the support he does. Plus his philosophy and Idzik's do not match at all. This will end badly.
    Disagree. There was no mutiny last year. No one speaking out of place and anger. They just were bad last year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously?

I'd much prefer Wrecks staying for the next 10 years rather than the Jets finding a good, competent HC.

All the Jets are doing is paying a DC to be a HC.
    You still didn't answer my question. You said and I quote (kind of) "Great teams don't worry about the worst team in that division"

So If we are the worst team in that division, why do you care who we have as a head coach.?

Your actions and words contradict each other.

PS: And don't say that fans are not part of the team. Of course they are. Look at Green Bay, Seattle, Oakland etc.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Disagree. There was no mutiny last year. No one speaking out of place and anger. They just were bad last year.
    That's assuming no one on the team had any issue with Sanchez being continually trotted out as the starter. Perhaps not everyone on the team felt Mark "gave us the best chance to win."

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I actually don't mind Rex. I think he is a really good coach. Is he perfect? No. He definitely needs to fix some flaws but I think he can do it. I go honestly hope he's given a fair evaluation after this year. If we compete and the players play hard for him and our record improves, I want Rex back. If we go 4-12, 5-11, or 6-10 again, he will likely be gone.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You still didn't answer my question. You said and I quote (kind of) "Great teams don't worry about the worst team in that division"

So If we are the worst team in that division, why do you care who we have as a head coach.?

Your actions and words contradict each other.

PS: And don't say that fans are not part of the team. Of course they are. Look at Green Bay, Seattle, Oakland etc.
    I think your beloved logic is flawed yet again. They are not mutually exclusive. He can want Rex to coach and not be scared who the coach is. It is merely preference. I am sure fans of other teams are entertained by Rex.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    That's assuming no one on the team had any issue with Sanchez being continually trotted out as the starter. Perhaps not everyone on the team felt Mark "gave us the best chance to win."
    He really wasn't. He was benched in the middle of a game and at the end of the year.

Plus if they did dog it in the San Diego game as people claim, then they let Sanchez get back in the starters role by letting McElroy get hurt. So they did it to themselves. in way.

And of course, to your point, there is no outstanding evidence.