Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Prospect Pro Day Updates/News

Draft Prospect Pro Day Updates/News

@TonyPauline: Early results from Florida International proday: Jonathan Cyprien/S 4.50/40. Tourek Williams/OLB-DE 4.65/40.

@TonyPauline: Jonathan Cyprien/S/FIU slower on second forty. Closer to high 4.5's.

@TonyPauline: Ryan Nassib will be dining/meeting with Marty Mornhinweg and the New York Jets tonight.

@TonyPauline: Heard Lamar Thomas/WR & Lucas Reed/TE caught ball exceptionally well @ New Mexico pro-day- many wondering why NMU did not pass the ball more

@TonyPauline: Breakdown of Ryan Nassib/QB/Syracuse pro-day workout posted. http://t.co/MW5zSovC7W

The pro-day workouts kick off week one as a busy schedule awaits teams who will crisscross the nation the next month. Here’s a breakdown of the practices. March 7th: Nassib Impresses NFL decision makers

March 7th
    Syracuse
    If there were any questions about his passing skills leaving the combine, Ryan Nassib answered them all today with an impressive pro-day workout. The signal caller threw 75 passes under the guidance of his coaches, former NFL offensive coordinator Paul Hackett and former All Pro signal caller Ken Anderson. All but four passes were caught. Three passes were dropped by receivers while the fourth was a catchable pass yet just slightly high of the mark at the end of the workout.

Nassib significantly improved his downfield accuracy and the placement of his deep outs. The long passes did not float as much as they had in the past and all his throws had excellent speed. Most impressive was the accuracy and speed Nassib displayed on his move throws late in the workout.

Despite the grinding routine throughout the workout Nassib swiftly sprinted outside the tackle box and was dead on passing in motion.

Nassib is scheduled to have dinner with the New York Jets this evening, offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg included.

Clemson
    Compared to previous years the Clemson workout today did not have the usual huge crowd. Here are the results:

DeAndre Hopkins/WR: Was timed as fast as the low 4.4’s on a number of watches but was later given an “official” time of 4.52. Except for two drops late in the session his pass catching workout was described as “dazzling”.

Malliciah Goodman/DL: Tipped the scale at 273lbs then ran times of 4.7s/4.65s in the forty. Posted marks of 33-inches in the vertical jump and 9′9” in the broad.

Brandon Ford/TE: Weighed in at 245lbs, timed 4.72 in the forty and completed 17-reps on the bench.

Jonathan Meeks/S: Timed 4.46s in the forty, completed 23-reps on the bench, posted marks of 33.5-inches in the vertical jump and 9′ 7” in the broad. Also weighed in at 209-pounds. Meeks has been a favorite of mine but people think he’s just very raw and makes too many mental errors.

Jaron Brown/WR: Had the workout of the day. Timed 4.40s in the forty, posted a 35.5-inch vertical jump, 10′ 4”-broad jump and completed 17-reps on the bench. Turned in a sensational pass catching workout. As one coach told me, “he was overshadowed by the other two guys but he’s going to play in the NFL.”

@Gil_Brandt: Perhaps the biggest player we've ever reported on was at Ole Miss pro day: http://t.co/u8UX3dibTG

@Gil_Brandt: Illinois defensive lineman Glenn Foster will have scouts scrambling to the video tape following a spectacular pro day http://t.co/JMB2rgtVik

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @TonyPauline: Ryan Nassib will be dining/meeting with Marty Mornhinweg and the New York Jets tonight.
    I like the fact we are looking at every QB in this draft. I think there is a lot of good prospects to be had. I'd be happy with any of the top 8 guys. As long as it isn't Manuel I'll be happy really. Most of them are improvements over what we have right now.

A year early.

@JoshatTheState: Jadeveon Clowney ran a 4.54 40-yd dash this winter which is slower than he ran in HS, he said. Up to 273 lbs from 260 last year

@TonyPauline: Daimion Stafford/S/Nebraska shaved almost .1 off his combine time running 4.56 at 211lbs.

Hall Of Fame
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Per @NFLCharean: Rex Ryan is at Texas A&M Pro Day.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    of course he is. they've fallen i love with the troubled rb.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Damontre Moore

Matt Bowen ‏@MattBowen41
    Reading reports that SS Jonathan Cyprien (FIU) ran in the 4.5 range at his pro day. That's a good time when looking at safety position.

Jets Insider VIP
    I really hope we can grab Deandre Hopkins in the 2nd. He sounds like the type who can step in from say 1 and have an impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I really hope we can grab Deandre Hopkins in the 2nd. He sounds like the type who can step in from say 1 and have an impact.
    +1 reminds me of Roddy White.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    @NFLCharean: Jets had five people here, including Rex Ryan and scout Aaron Glenn.

@NFLCharean: Damontre Moore said he was "disappointed" in 12 bench reps at combine. But admits his personal best only 19. Says shoulder not to blame.
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-08-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @NFLCharean: Jets had five people here, including Rex Ryan and scout Aaron Glenn.
    Could be looking at Damontre Moore or the running back Michael.

As for Michael's "troubles" he claims Nyquil knocked him out. Interesting story
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 03-08-2013 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Could be looking at Damontre Moore or the running back Michael.

As for Michael's "troubles" he claims Nyquil knocked him out. Interesting story
    Looking at all the A&M players.

Moore puts up 19 reps/4.34 shuttle/6.95 3 cone at pro day... Should be back in jets radar

All Pro
    This is good news.

Moore should be plan B. He may be the only guy at the top end here who naturally fits the OLB position we need and the brass should be doing their homework on him.