Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Prospect Pro Day Updates/News

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @Gil_Brandt: Texas A&M RB Christine Michael explained at his pro day why he overslept and missed two meetings at the combine: http://t.co/4lElgCbIOZ

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @Gil_Brandt: Texas A&M RB Christine Michael explained at his pro day why he overslept and missed two meetings at the combine: http://t.co/4lElgCbIOZ
    He will likely be our 3rd or a 2nd round pick if we trade Revis. Not a huge fan but he is one of the few guys in this RB class even worth looking at IMO. He has moved up to 2nd on my RB list behind only Ball.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MattBowen41: Not a good day to be a veteran DB in the NFL. A lot of talent at CB/S in this draft class. Makes older, high-priced vets easily replaceable.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    This is good news.

Moore should be plan B. He may be the only guy at the top end here who naturally fits the OLB position we need and the brass should be doing their homework on him.
    If Jordan is not there then I would definetly look at him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mavericknyc1980 View Post
    If Jordan is not there then I would definetly look at him.
    Moore's numbers outside of 40 time all beat Jordan's plus he's much heavier weighing in at 260

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damontre Moore/OLB-DE: As posted earlier Moore was timed between 4.27s-to-4.34s in the short shuttle, 7.07s in the three cone and completed 19 reps on the bench. He then completed position drills to mixed reviews. Overall people we spoke with said Moore did not look all that athletic as he was straight up and down in bag drills and was not very fluid moving about the field. We were alerted to the fact that Moore evidently tweaked his hamstring during the 3-cone, which he was not scheduled to run. Fact is people from Texas A&M were not surprised by Moore’s poor forty time or the fact he’s come across as marginally athletic; that’s the type of prospect he is though everyone points out he’s a tremendous football player. Since the combine one name keeps popping into my mind when comparing Moore’s athletic workouts versus his play on the field; Terrell Suggs.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6811

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Damontre Moore/OLB-DE: As posted earlier Moore was timed between 4.27s-to-4.34s in the short shuttle, 7.07s in the three cone and completed 19 reps on the bench. He then completed position drills to mixed reviews. Overall people we spoke with said Moore did not look all that athletic as he was straight up and down in bag drills and was not very fluid moving about the field. We were alerted to the fact that Moore evidently tweaked his hamstring during the 3-cone, which he was not scheduled to run. Fact is people from Texas A&M were not surprised by Moore’s poor forty time or the fact he’s come across as marginally athletic; that’s the type of prospect he is though everyone points out he’s a tremendous football player. Since the combine one name keeps popping into my mind when comparing Moore’s athletic workouts versus his play on the field; Terrell Suggs.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6811
    I really don't know what to make of Moore.

Before the combine, i thought he was easily the most, if not the only , true natural OLB out of the tier 1 group. Maybe Mingo too, but i have him as a 2nd round talent.

Then he blew the combine. big time. Start thinking, "this kid's gonna fade down the stretch..."

But now at 260, albiet sloppy in drill work, you gotta wonder if he's just a 2 shades of a throwback to the days of yore. 2x the football player than he is the athlete.

...he might the first OLB i'm okay with taking rnd 1 since i can remember.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
    Heard Eric Fisher looked outstanding at his pro day.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really don't know what to make of Moore.

Before the combine, i thought he was easily the most, if not the only , true natural OLB out of the tier 1 group. Maybe Mingo too, but i have him as a 2nd round talent.

Then he blew the combine. big time. Start thinking, "this kid's gonna fade down the stretch..."

But now at 260, albiet sloppy in drill work, you gotta wonder if he's just a 2 shades of a throwback to the days of yore. 2x the football player than he is the athlete.

...he might the first OLB i'm okay with taking rnd 1 since i can remember.
    You sound as if you were high on him and are trying to give him every benefit of a doubt, despite more and more indications that he's a dubious high pick... stiff, sloppy, slow, weak, "blew it," but he's a great football player. I don't know...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    You sound as if you were high on him and are trying to give him every benefit of a doubt, despite more and more indications that he's a dubious high pick... stiff, sloppy, slow, weak, "blew it," but he's a great football player. I don't know...
    The thing is his tape says otherwise. And there is two years worth of it. I mean how bad can the guy be if he is playing well on the field? That's my thought on it. Moore and Jones are my favorites in this draft.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    I wasn't "high" on him. I'm not high on any OLB in the first. I think it's not a very smart selection unless the player obviously is a natural fit for the position. that doesn't happen very often.

Moore is a natural fit, but has kinds of questions surrounding his ability (like 3/4 of the first rnd this year).

I'd put him in the category of - not my first choice but at least i wouldn't kill myself.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn't "high" on him. I'm not high on any OLB in the first. I think it's not a very smart selection unless the player obviously is a natural fit for the position. that doesn't happen very often.

Moore is a natural fit, but has kinds of questions surrounding his ability (like 3/4 of the first rnd this year).

I'd put him in the category of - not my first choice but at least i wouldn't kill myself.
    So that would put him somewhere between a date with a geek and suicide. Okay. Sign me up!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @ProFootballWkly: RT @davespadaro: #Eagles confirming the report that team worked out West Virginia QB Geno Smith in Morgantown, WV on Monday.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @Gil_Brandt: Grand Valley State WR Charles Johnson is a small-school prospect to follow for this year's draft http://t.co/Las1D47FCn

The receivers coaches from the Arizona Cardinals and New York Jets were present in Allendale, Mich. for the workout.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Senior Bowl ‏@seniorbowl @seniorbowl
    update from Gainesville. Rain likely forcing UF Pro Day into O'Connell Center. S Floyd, X Nixon and J Reed will not work today.

All 32 clubs represented here including both head coach/GM's from Jax (Gus Bradley/David Caldwell) and Pitt (Mike Tomlin/Kevin Colbert).

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @Gil_Brandt: after an impressive pro day, Washington's Desmond Trufant appears to be a first-round pick http://t.co/ptaQwbzg89

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @Gil_Brandt: California (Pa.) safety rising from small-school obscurity to possible mid-round draft pick http://t.co/e8c8aBrAm6

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @Gil_Brandt: QB guru George Whitfield has coached Andrew Luck and Cam Newton, and today put Landry Jones through pro day drills http://t.co/d3PQjTLoIZ

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @Gil_Brandt: D.J. Fluker has workouts scheduled w/ @Ravens, @Vikings, @STLouisRams, @DallasCowboys. Has consolidated workout for all @nfl clubs on 4/11.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline
    Dion Jordan/DE-OLB/Oregon is at pro-day, not working out but interviewing w/teams. My understanding is he will meet with Andy Reid.