Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Draft Prospect Pro Day Updates/News

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I'd still take Jones at 9. The guy has had two straight great years in the sec and watching him on tape he makes plays. The question is if he is not good enough for us from his 40 then who is he good enough for? Watch a later team like the Ravens or pats take him and he'll be a star for years.
    I don't know about jones. He's undersized, slow, and apparently injury prone. I'd take Moore all day over jones

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    #Jets and #Giants among 24 teams at Stony Brook pro day. Main attraction is RB Miguel Maysonet.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I don't know about jones. He's undersized, slow, and apparently injury prone. I'd take Moore all day over jones
    wth? Injury prone? He's had two full seasons of nothing but elite production in the sec. And if you are worried about slow, then why are you taking Moore over him all day? Moore is no speed demon.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    wth? Injury prone? He's had two full seasons of nothing but elite production in the sec. And if you are worried about slow, then why are you taking Moore over him all day? Moore is no speed demon.
    Moore's short shuttle time is actually quite good.. Jones proved he's not an explosive athlete with his poor vert and broad jump numbers as well. He's not going to get away with that in the NFL

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    #Jets and #Giants among 24 teams at Stony Brook pro day. Main attraction is RB Miguel Maysonet.
    @TonyPauline: Miguel Mayosonet/RB/Stony Brook pro-day forty 4.45s and a 4.01 short shuttle....waiting for numbers on Kevin Norrell/WR...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    @TonyPauline: Miguel Mayosonet/RB/Stony Brook pro-day forty 4.45s and a 4.01 short shuttle....waiting for numbers on Kevin Norrell/WR...
    What's a good short shuttle time???

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mavericknyc1980 View Post
    What's a good short shuttle time???
    4.01 is better than anything that was done at the combine for RB's, 4.45 40 would have been the 2nd best combine 40 for RB's

At the combine his shuttle was only 4.43 and he did not run the 40 so perhaps he had an injury.
    Last edited by Beerfish; 03-22-2013 at 11:56 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    4.01 is better than anything that was done at the combine for RB's
    I have a few former teammates of mine that play on Stony Brook. I love me some Maysonet. He's going to be a thousand yard rusher in this league, bank on it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @Gil_Brandt: Sharrif Floyd's pro day just ended. Told it was a good workout. Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie on hand. #NFLDraft

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    4.01 is better than anything that was done at the combine for RB's, 4.45 40 would have been the 2nd best combine 40 for RB's

At the combine his shuttle was only 4.43 and he did not run the 40 so perhaps he had an injury.
    Miggy pulled his hammy back in January, which forced him to pull out of an all star game. Additionally, he decided not to run the 40 at the combine because he said he didn't want to embarrass himself. Today's performance most likely will get him drafted, maybe as high as round 5.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He actually ran a 4.59 forty. Nevertheless, I'd love to have him in a Jets uni next year!
    Last edited by simijet; 03-22-2013 at 11:33 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Already has workout scheduled with Margus Hunt RT @calvinwatkins: Plenty of scouts at SMU pro day including #Jets coach Rex Ryan.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Rex Ryan attending SMU pro day, paying particular attention to DE Margus Hunt. Ryan worked him in OLB drills
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-27-2013 at 12:24 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    is there an official list of all the private workouts by team, or those specifically by the jets?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline
    Told Lattimore did variety of drills w/weights in hands showing knee strength/flexibility...received loud applause from people/teams on hand

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hearing Ace Sanders/WR/South Carolina timed 4.49s in the forty at pro-day. Best hand time at the combine was 4.53.

Am told slight improvement for D.J. Swearinger/S/South Carolina @ pro-day; timed upper 4.5's/40 (some 4.6's).. looked great in drills

I like D.J. as a S prospect..Alittle short.
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-27-2013 at 01:51 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Told Lattimore did variety of drills w/weights in hands showing knee strength/flexibility...received loud applause from people/teams on hand
    Awesome to hear

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hearing Ace Sanders/WR/South Carolina timed 4.49s in the forty at pro-day. Best hand time at the combine was 4.53.

Am told slight improvement for D.J. Swearinger/S/South Carolina @ pro-day; timed upper 4.5's/40 (some 4.6's).. looked great in drills

I like D.J. as a S prospect..Alittle short.
    He is a real thumper is he not?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @RobRang: Matt Barkley receives a passing grade for a solid Pro Day workout but others (WR Woods, S McDonald) stole the show: http://t.co/5Ynt0rxVAq

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How is Woods not in the top 5 WRs for this class? Really - guys like Patton? Williams... hell outside of his 40 time, has Austin put on better game tape than Woods?? The guy might be the most polished WR in this class.

Boards should look like--
    Hopkins
    Allen
    Patterson
    Austin
    Woods/Hunter

Personally, I'd have it--
    Hopkins
    Allen
    Woods
    Patterson
    Hunter
    Last edited by Paradis; 03-27-2013 at 07:07 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Already has workout scheduled with Margus Hunt RT @calvinwatkins: Plenty of scouts at SMU pro day including #Jets coach Rex Ryan.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Rex Ryan attending SMU pro day, paying particular attention to DE Margus Hunt. Ryan worked him in OLB drills
    Good to see.

With his character, intelligence, and off the charts athleticism...
    He wont make it to rd. 2, not in this class.