Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great signing!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMarkSanchez View Post
    While we're on the subject of Miami WR's what was the reasoning behind Marshall going to da bears and what were the details behind it?
    I think the new coach wanted the tougher personalities gone so they can start clean. They got 2 3rd round draft picks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This was a good signing actually... If I were a Dolphins fan I would be more concerned about how they lose their former #1 pick Franchise Left Tackle..........

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kmsurfs2000 View Post
    if u look at the structure of the deal it is not bad for them-also not for nothing but even though hartline is no stud wr1 I would take him over the cancer named Holmes
    +1

Hartline is a better option at this point in time, for 35x less money.
    Hartline > Santoni-Ho & Lizzy Frank.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    This was a good signing actually... If I were a Dolphins fan I would be more concerned about how they lose their former #1 pick Franchise Left Tackle..........
    I don't think they want him back at top LT money, Maybe they are hoping Lane drops to 12 or Armstead to the 40s, If they can get lane at 2 mill for the next 5 years that is less than what jake long wants this year. That gives them 40 mill to spend on other players over the next 4 years.

Long is a great one on one power blocker but does not fit the ZBS as much, they seem to move the pocket around quite a bit last year to take advantage of Tannihill's athleticism. Lane or Armstead are the type of oversized TE like Solder that does well in the ZBS

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    He's an average receiver making average bucks. He's is one of a couple receivers for Miami who had more catches than anyone on the Jets BTW.

Don't see a problem. I'd take him over Stephen Hill anyday.
    WHAT?
    Hill was put in an impossible spot coming out as a raw rookie & the Jets losing Holmes & Keller for most of the year. Hell, at one point Hill was out there with Kerley playing hurt & NO ONE ELSE!

Hill will be twice the player Hartline, book it!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He's better then every WR currently on our roster.

Miami is moving in the right direction. They have a HC and QB they believe in and are building around them.
    LOL, no.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    FOR THE JETS!
    Brian Hartline signs 5 year 31 million $ contract?
    Are you kidding me?

My theory is not overpay for receivers. Calvin Johnson had the best year ever for a receiver....oh yea the Lions won all of 4 games.

Tanny is gone as much for the Holmes contract as Sanchez. Both Bill Belichick & Bill Parcells are guys that never overpay receivers.

Cro could cover Hartline with a kid in each arm. This is a good sign if it an indication of Miamis direction, let your LT & your most productive RB leave & sign. Middling WR to 31 million.
    The FA value will be when the dust settles & teams get close to the cap. I would love to see us get at least 1 veteran LB to compliment Harris, Davis, & whoever we take in the draft.
    I love what our competition in the division, Bills (stupid 100 mill for Williams)
    Fins (31 mill for Hartline), are doing. We only need Idzik to be fiscally responsible & reload this team with some young talent.
    Build this team toward Brady's demise.
    Please tell me that you at least see the irony of a JETS board picking fun at a bad GM move on another team.

Like the man with no foot commenting on a man with no shoes.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LOL, no.
    Who do you put ahead of him?

I can't put Holmes b.c of the injury. I need to see him play first. Kerley is close but Hartline has a little more production.

I think this contract will be a blueprint for what the Jets offer Kerley if they want to keep him when his contract is up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He's better then every WR currently on our roster.

Miami is moving in the right direction. They have a HC and QB they believe in and are building around them.
    This is the nonsense spewed by some SOJFs that is just so damn annoying. "Miami moving in the right direction?"

By what measurement? Because, by every measurement, the Jets with Rex & Sanchez in year 1 far exceeded anything Miami w/Philbin and Tannehill has done this past season. But just keep making it up as you go.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hartline is a solid receiver. They got him for a bargain. A very good QB could make great use of him.

The question is whether Tannehill will develop into one.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The fins get Wallace or Jennings to go along with Bess and Hartline they will have the best WRs in the division. I think Miller will be solid and see a lot more action with a year of blitz pick up behind him.
    Totally agree with this assessment. Miami grabs one of those two, they can give their young passer confidence. Easily the best set of receivers in the division.