Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will Sanchez survive here if Revis is traded?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He should be a June 1 release regardless of any other factor. He is a loser and a cancer to this team.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    If we trade Revis for anyone other than Calvin Johnson or Fitz, then we're wasting our time.
    Do you seriously think the Lions or Cards would trade Johnson or Fitz straight up for Revis?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uhuru View Post
    The Jets are rebuilding mainly because of Sanchez's atrocious play at the QB position. Sanchez has to take some if not all of the blame for why we're pondering trading a future Hall of Fame player. Even if Sanchez "give us the best chance to win" next season and is the season starting QB, I just don't see him doing so for the entire season for the simple fact that he's so darn brittle (and I'm being kind.)

I believe the fans will take their frustrations out on Sanchez even more if Revis is traded because they know that he has a role on why Revis is no longer a Jet. Revis is a special player and I wish there is away for us to keep him, if the price is right. If he's traded, I understand but won't forget why that happened.
    Can't see how it would matter really. Sanchez will never see the field again as a JET I think that is a given. We as a fan base are already done with him. As soon as this draft is over if he is still on the team he will likely just be a 3rd string QB.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uhuru View Post

The Jets are rebuilding mainly because of Sanchez's atrocious play at the QB position.
    Could be the dumbest thing ever posted on Jets Insider.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Can't see how it would matter really. Sanchez will never see the field again as a JET I think that is a given. We as a fan base are already done with him. As soon as this draft is over if he is still on the team he will likely just be a 3rd string QB.
    Ummmm.

Team leading QB's are like the rattlesnakes, vipers, and constrictors of the league. We, as Jets fans have toothless garter snake.

We both agree Mark is horrendous, but how you think he will not be your opening day starter, is a mystery to me.

The masses know he sucks. Mark probably even would acknowledge it in private himself. It makes very little difference. I see no way that Mark does not start on opening day, and into the second half of the season. His salary leaves no other option as i see it.

Could you imagine the camera panning to mark on the bench, with a CBS generated graph on the bottom of the screen showing his contract #'s for the entire country to chuckle and mock us?

I just cant see it Derrick. If Marks leash was anywhere related to his on field performance, he would have been benched during the 2010 season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Ummmm.

Team leading QB's are like the rattlesnakes, vipers, and constrictors of the league. We, as Jets fans have toothless garter snake.

We both agree Mark is horrendous, but how you think he will not be your opening day starter, is a mystery to me.

The masses know he sucks. Mark probably even would acknowledge it in private himself. It makes very little difference. I see no way that Mark does not start on opening day, and into the second half of the season. His salary leaves no other option as i see it.

Could you imagine the camera panning to mark on the bench, with a CBS generated graph on the bottom of the screen showing his contract #'s for the entire country to chuckle and mock us?

I just cant see it Derrick. If Marks leash was anywhere related to his on field performance, he would have been benched during the 2010 season.
    0 reason to think he ever plays a down for this team ever again. He may end up on the roster simply because it is cheaper to keep him but no way they let him start again. I cant see it. It is more likely we see Tebow strat a game IMO. 10 chance Sanchez even makes the team after camp IMO. 0 chance he ever starts a game as a JET again. Too many people would be signing up to be fired for that to happen. We are drafting a QB and likely picking up a cheap vet QB. Maybe one of Sanchez, McElroy, or Tebow makes the team as the #3 guy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    0 reason to think he ever plays a down for this team ever again. He may end up on the roster simply because it is cheaper to keep him but no way they let him start again. I cant see it. It is more likely we see Tebow strat a game IMO. 10 chance Sanchez even makes the team after camp IMO. 0 chance he ever starts a game as a JET again. Too many people would be signing up to be fired for that to happen. We are drafting a QB and likely picking up a cheap vet QB. Maybe one of Sanchez, McElroy, or Tebow makes the team as the #3 guy.
    Well, ill have to agree to disagree. Want it or not, its just my opinion that the team has backed itself into a corner, and starting Sanchez is 98% a lock.

hey, lets see how it pans out, it will be interesting to watch no doubt.

Whatever it is.....12, 14 however many millions that Sanchez is guaranteed for next year has locked him in as the starter. The franchise's hands are tied.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Well, ill have to agree to disagree. Want it or not, its just my opinion that the team has backed itself into a corner, and starting Sanchez is 98% a lock.

hey, lets see how it pans out, it will be interesting to watch no doubt.

Whatever it is.....12, 14 however many millions that Sanchez is guaranteed for next year has locked him in as the starter. The franchise's hands are tied.
    Just because they have to pay him doesn't mean you have to play him or even dress him. Washington benched McNabb who played better same with Minni. Cleveland benched Delhome after paying him good money. It happens almost every year where a guy making good QB money ends up riding the bench. Money doesn't even enter the picture here. It isn't a reason to play a guy the locker room and fans know is done. Yeah we played some bad players last year because we paid them but also didn't have better options on the bench. Sanchez will not be the teams future and will not be the best QB on the roster. Just 0 reason to think he every plays a down for this team ever again IMO. So many have more to loose by forcing him to play. I just don't see it as possible at this point.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just because they have to pay him doesn't mean you have to play him or even dress him. Washington benched McNabb who played better same with Minni. Cleveland benched Delhome after paying him good money. It happens almost every year where a guy making good QB money ends up riding the bench. Money doesn't even enter the picture here. It isn't a reason to play a guy the locker room and fans know is done. Yeah we played some bad players last year because we paid them but also didn't have better options on the bench. Sanchez will not be the teams future and will not be the best QB on the roster. Just 0 reason to think he every plays a down for this team ever again IMO. So many have more to loose by forcing him to play. I just don't see it as possible at this point.
    +1. Just look at Flynn in Seattle - when a better option came up they played him.