Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Will Sanchez survive here if Revis is traded?

  1. #1

    Will Sanchez survive here if Revis is traded?

    The Jets are rebuilding mainly because of Sanchez's atrocious play at the QB position. Sanchez has to take some if not all of the blame for why we're pondering trading a future Hall of Fame player. Even if Sanchez "give us the best chance to win" next season and is the season starting QB, I just don't see him doing so for the entire season for the simple fact that he's so darn brittle (and I'm being kind.)

    I believe the fans will take their frustrations out on Sanchez even more if Revis is traded because they know that he has a role on why Revis is no longer a Jet. Revis is a special player and I wish there is away for us to keep him, if the price is right. If he's traded, I understand but won't forget why that happened.

  2. #2
    He'll be gone in 2014 anyway, so it doesn't really matter, I guess.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,774
    What does Revis have to do with Sanchez? Revis is a greedy SOB and that is why he's being traded.

    How could the fans possibly take it out on Sanchez any more than they already do? He's the most hated man in the tri state area.

    The Jets are rebuilding because of FO incompetence. The choices at OC. The Sanchez extension. The Hunter contract. The trade for Tebow, and release of Stanton being the most egregious mistakes.

  4. #4
    Sanchez's future is not dependent on what happens with Revis. Sanchez has been hot garbage since he was drafted. That is completely his fault. It doesn't have anything to do with Darrelle Revis.

    Regardless of what happens with Revis, Sanchez is as good as gone as soon as the Jets can get beyond his albatross contract.

  5. #5
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Sanchez's future is not dependent on what happens with Revis. Sanchez has been hot garbage since he was drafted. That is completely his fault. It doesn't have anything to do with Darrelle Revis.

    Regardless of what happens with Revis, Sanchez is as good as gone as soon as the Jets can get beyond his albatross contract.
    On thing is for sure. Had Sanchez become the legit franchise QB, Revis would never be traded. There is noway the Jets would trade their best player had Sanchez been the real deal and the Jets were legit contenders going foward.

    Because Sanchez sucks it caused us to miss our window and is a huge reason as to why we're rebuilding and have to trade away Revis.

  6. #6
    I don't think Sanchez will survive either with or without Revis. Sanchez has caused a lot of frustration throughout the entire organization. He has lost the trust of the front office. He has single-handedly got two OC's fired, a GM fired and caused friction in the lockeroom with his weak and uninspired performance over the past two years. I think he has been exposed as an average to below average quarterback. He will not be back in 2014.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,457
    Cap wise Revis and Sanchez are not connected. Sanchez biggest cap hit is in 2013, Revis is signed through 2013. If we choose to extend Revis we can easily do so, as our cap is in a lot better shape come 2014.

    Talent wise QB is clearly our biggest issue, but we also have issues at WR, TE, OL, RB, LB, S (and probably a few more) ... this is why we need to reload. Whether trading Revis is worth it really depends on what we can translate his value into - trading him will itself create an issue at CB (unless you want to have Kyle Wilson starting all 16 games).

    If we somehow parlay his trade into finding a good QB, then yes it will be worth it for that, but what if we turn his trade into a Guard and a Safety, for example? I don't see the value in that.

    Ultimately what trading Revis comes down to is whether or not the team want to invest top dollar at the CB position moving forward. If the team feels that no CB is worth more than $12m, and Revis wants $16m, then it's time to move on, get what you can. If they feel he could be worth up to $14m, then there's possibly room for negotiation.

    One final thing that occurred to me just the other day, when some posters were talking about Revis' value to other teams ... what if Rex gets fired next year? We could end up seeing a shift in defense towards zone coverage rather than man - how much is Revis worth in that case?

  8. #8
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The ZONE, Az
    Posts
    922
    Quote Originally Posted by uhuru View Post
    The Jets are rebuilding mainly because of Sanchez's atrocious play at the QB position. Sanchez has to take some if not all of the blame for why we're pondering trading a future Hall of Fame player. Even if Sanchez "give us the best chance to win" next season and is the season starting QB, I just don't see him doing so for the entire season for the simple fact that he's so darn brittle (and I'm being kind.)

    I believe the fans will take their frustrations out on Sanchez even more if Revis is traded because they know that he has a role on why Revis is no longer a Jet. Revis is a special player and I wish there is away for us to keep him, if the price is right. If he's traded, I understand but won't forget why that happened.
    Sanchez was hurt last year??? OH............2nd post

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    On thing is for sure. Had Sanchez become the legit franchise QB, Revis would never be traded. There is noway the Jets would trade their best player had Sanchez been the real deal and the Jets were legit contenders going foward.

    Because Sanchez sucks it caused us to miss our window and is a huge reason as to why we're rebuilding and have to trade away Revis.
    And that's really the logic that I question the most.

    To me, Darrelle Revis is the kind of player that seals the deal when you have a SB worthy team. The Jets do not have that right now. But WHY trade a guy that will definitely put you over top when you have some talent around him?

    To me, it's essentially admitting that you'll never be able to build a SB winner.

    Guys like Darrelle Revis only come along once every decade or so. So being that they are so hard to find and so few and far between WHY would you let one go when already have one in your midst?

    Darrelle revis should be a stple for the NYJ organization so long as he dons a uniform. JMO.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    6,967
    I don't think the Sanchez and Revis situations are related

    If Revis gets traded out of here it will be because of his greed not because Sanchez makes too much. If Revis wants to negotiate a fair market deal he will probably remain a Jet


    Until his next holdout

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets_Penguin View Post
    Sanchez was hurt last year??? OH............2nd post
    Brittle- easily hurt or offended : sensitive

    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/brittle

    Oh, I guess I should've mentioned personality just so Prof. Jets_Penguin would be pleased.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    And that's really the logic that I question the most.

    To me, Darrelle Revis is the kind of player that seals the deal when you have a SB worthy team. The Jets do not have that right now. But WHY trade a guy that will definitely put you over top when you have some talent around him?

    To me, it's essentially admitting that you'll never be able to build a SB winner.

    Guys like Darrelle Revis only come along once every decade or so. So being that they are so hard to find and so few and far between WHY would you let one go when already have one in your midst?

    Darrelle revis should be a stple for the NYJ organization so long as he dons a uniform. JMO.
    Whatever Idzik does here...it will define his career. I hope he gets it right.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    Whatever Idzik does here...it will define his career. I hope he gets it right.
    I really don't think this one decision will define his career. What if he trades Revis for a couple of draft picks that don't pan out while Revis wins a Super Bowl, but the Jets win a super bowl in year 5 of his tenure? Will he still be defined by this decision?

    What if he trades revis and gets back 2 draft picks that turn into pro bowlers, but the Jets never win a playoff game in his 5 year tenure? Is he still a success because he handled this ONE decision properly?

    Not sure why everyone has to act like the stupid NY Media and make every decision into an apocalyptic moment in a persons life/career.

    Can we sit back and let Idzik have a couple of drafts/offseasons before we grade his career?

    Edit to add that Idzik inherited this awful situation from Mr. T. He didn't craft the contract allowing Revis to walk after this year. Tough to write off his career as a GM based on how he handles one bad contract that he inherited.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I really don't think this one decision will define his career. What if he trades Revis for a couple of draft picks that don't pan out while Revis wins a Super Bowl, but the Jets win a super bowl in year 5 of his tenure? Will he still be defined by this decision?

    What if he trades revis and gets back 2 draft picks that turn into pro bowlers, but the Jets never win a playoff game in his 5 year tenure? Is he still a success because he handled this ONE decision properly?

    Not sure why everyone has to act like the stupid NY Media and make every decision into an apocalyptic moment in a persons life/career.

    Can we sit back and let Idzik have a couple of drafts/offseasons before we grade his career?

    Edit to add that Idzik inherited this awful situation from Mr. T. He didn't craft the contract allowing Revis to walk after this year. Tough to write off his career as a GM based on how he handles one bad contract that he inherited.
    I see your point and I agree. The problem is, media, fans, everyone will continue to grade him out based on situations like these. That's just what they do. Not saying it's right, it's just what they do.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, Tn via Atkins, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,281
    If we trade Revis for anyone other than Calvin Johnson or Fitz, then we're wasting our time.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    And that's really the logic that I question the most.

    To me, Darrelle Revis is the kind of player that seals the deal when you have a SB worthy team. The Jets do not have that right now. But WHY trade a guy that will definitely put you over top when you have some talent around him?

    To me, it's essentially admitting that you'll never be able to build a SB winner.

    Guys like Darrelle Revis only come along once every decade or so. So being that they are so hard to find and so few and far between WHY would you let one go when already have one in your midst?

    Darrelle revis should be a stple for the NYJ organization so long as he dons a uniform. JMO.
    If he weren't the greediest of the greedy I would agree with you wholeheartedly.

    He brought this on himself - It's all about the cash and nothing more.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    If we trade Revis for anyone other than Calvin Johnson or Fitz, then we're wasting our time.
    So you would reject Aaron Rodgers for Revis?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by uhuru View Post
    The Jets are rebuilding mainly because of Sanchez's atrocious play at the QB position. Sanchez has to take some if not all of the blame for why we're pondering trading a future Hall of Fame player. Even if Sanchez "give us the best chance to win" next season and is the season starting QB, I just don't see him doing so for the entire season for the simple fact that he's so darn brittle (and I'm being kind.)

    I believe the fans will take their frustrations out on Sanchez even more if Revis is traded because they know that he has a role on why Revis is no longer a Jet. Revis is a special player and I wish there is away for us to keep him, if the price is right. If he's traded, I understand but won't forget why that happened.
    If Revis is traded, i believe its because they dont want to tie up that percentage of the cap paying a cornerback, even the best in the league.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I see your point and I agree. The problem is, media, fans, everyone will continue to grade him out based on situations like these. That's just what they do. Not saying it's right, it's just what they do.
    Very true, but at the same time i feel compelled to point the stupidity of doing that.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    If we trade Revis for anyone other than Calvin Johnson or Fitz, then we're wasting our time.
    Yes, because everyone is just chomping at the bits to trade an elite CB for their elite WR.

    Are you serious?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us