Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Miami Dolphins re-sign quarterback Matt Moore

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys realize the Dolphins had Garrard ahead of Moore on last year's depth chart until he injured his foot?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    A little redundant, no?
    Yes it is lol. I was thinking of a few different things he does, but I guess it's all pretty much the same. He is a friendly guy. All of the players seem to really like him. He's very helpful to Tannehill, with teaching and guiding and whatnot. A very good guy to have in the quarterback meetings and I always see him on the sideline during games talking to Ryan, trying to help explain what he may have missed or what was going on during a particular play.

I just think it's hard to put a value on a really good backup quarterback, especially when you have a young quarterback that needs somebody to lean on and help teach him. I think players sometimes understand things better when they hear it from another player rather than coach. Not to mention, quarterbacks get injured all of the time. A couple years ago I think I counted over half of the quarterbacks in the league missed at least a couple of games if not more. We all know in the NFL 1 game can be the difference between making and missing the playoffs, and Matt has shown he can step in and win games.

Also, kind of how it's important to keep a young quarterbacks weapons around to help gain the chemistry, I think it is similar for his backup quarterback.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rayzor View Post
    I think Garrard actually beat out both Tannehill and Moore last season before getting hurt. Garrard made the probowl in his last season as a starter.

No way we can afford Flynn. How would we pay him with all our other needs?
    Why do people keep saying this? Flynn will make about $5 million this year, not exactly a cap buster. If the Jets really want him...and as a fan, I want him here...they can make it happen.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    Why do people keep saying this? Flynn will make about $5 million this year, not exactly a cap buster. If the Jets really want him...and as a fan, I want him here...they can make it happen.
    5 mil for a QB that has proven nothing in this league pass. I'd rather give vet min to Lefty and draft a QB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    "making things happen" is what got the jets into this mess. You don't borrow future money to take a chance on Flynn at 5 mill. If Flynn as part o f the trade is willing to restructure ok, but you don't want to keep borrowing more money.

As it is right now the jets already have 17 mill of the 2014 cap spent on guys that won't be on the team. 9 mill for Revis, 4.25 for Sanchez and 4 mill for Holmes.