Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: "Go To" Beers

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    I'm on a session beer kick lately. In fact I'm developing a Boston Lager type of brew. German malts and hops, fermented as a faux lager. I'm using steam beer yeast to mimic a lager.
    Source..

My daughter tells me that at sales meetings, Jim Cook of Sam Adams can sample several Sam Adams beers blindly and tell you what they are.

he is still passionate about the process.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Source..

My daughter tells me that at sales meetings, Jim Cook of Sam Adams can sample several Sam Adams beers blindly and tell you what they are.

He is very down to earth as well. Apparently Sam Adams donates a lot of product around the country. i believe it was 2 years ago that he donated a significant amount of beer for GroundHog day in Punxsutawney. My girlfriends father is in the "inner circle" and got his picture taken with him at a local bar in town. He was there hanging with local crowd. Very cool.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    He is very down to earth as well. Apparently Sam Adams donates a lot of product around the country. i believe it was 2 years ago that he donated a significant amount of beer for GroundHog day in Punxsutawney. My girlfriends father is in the "inner circle" and got his picture taken with him at a local bar in town. He was there hanging with local crowd. Very cool.
    Thats what I have heard from my daughter. very benevolent, awesome guy to work for.

Samuel Adams Octoberfest & Dos Equis Lager.

You asked!

PM me an address and I would LOVE to send you a variety case. My gift to you.

I'm serious.

I don't need a name..Ill label it.. Borgoguy 2112 Main st etc....
    F**k that. I'm coming over to your house to drink a bunch and eat from the catered buffet.

Thanks, southpark. I might take you up on your offer.

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Barbie towers over stokes.
    Currently, he's working on a miniaturized version of "Attack of the 50 Foot Woman". That's why Stokes hasn't been around much.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    Nice photo Borgoguy ...
    Not mine. Lifted it from Google to show the beer.

That's a cheap deal, you're not going to find that value in NYC ...
    I'm talking about my A&P in Putnam County. Usually, Yuengling goes for $11/12 pack. But every couple of weeks, they'd mark it down to $9.99/12 pack. I would just stock up. I love their Black & Tan.

Hey Borgo, here's a brew that I just tapped. I brewed it to mimic my wife's favorite beer, Kilkenny. It's an Irish ale similar in style to (but way better than) Smithwick's.

As for my go-to beers if all else fails, I'd have to say Sam Adams Boston Lager or Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Simple but tasty and enjoyable.
    Source, you've become a beer-brewing god (note small "g" so as not to offend the religious amongst us). You really do need to set up a tasting party to sample your latest creations and invite us over.

Veteran
    I'm on a session beer kick lately. In fact I'm developing a Boston Lager type of brew. German malts and hops, fermented as a faux lager. I'm using steam beer yeast to mimic a lager.
    Funny you mention that I was looking at a Sam Adam clone recipe the other day.

Which Steam Beer yeast are you using on that faux lager ?

Random but with all the Stone above in that collection picture, around Christmas time they released a Chocolate Peppermint Porter, so delicious! I live only a half hour from the brewery so I get to see nearly everything that doesn't get bottled and just put on tap.

Guinness.

Heineken as a backup.
    Last edited by Carlton; 03-09-2013 at 09:46 PM.

Banned
    Funny you mention that I was looking at a Sam Adam clone recipe the other day.

Which Steam Beer yeast are you using on that faux lager ?
    Wyeast 2112 California Lager

It's the strain used in Anchor Steam.

Banned
    Source..

He's one of the pioneers of the American craft beer movement. These guys went head-to-head with established billion dollar marketing machines (A-B, Coors, Miller), selling products that were completely foreign to the American public. I'd imagine you would have to be very passionate to succeed against the odds they faced.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Source, you've become a beer-brewing god (note small "g" so as not to offend the religious amongst us). You really do need to set up a tasting party to sample your latest creations and invite us over.
    LOL I'm hardly a brewing god. Go to some homebrew forums and you will see some really creative and talented brewers. Some of them could easily work for, or start their own commercial breweries.

Maybe we could meet up at a tailgate before a Jets game and I will bring some beer. It would be cool to meet some of you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Maybe we could meet up at a tailgate before a Jets game and I will bring some beer. It would be cool to meet some of you.
    I'll let DWC know which game.

Veteran
    Wyeast 2112 California Lager

It's the strain used in Anchor Steam.
    I do enjoy an Anchor Steam ...

Jets Insider VIP
    I do enjoy an Anchor Steam ...
    Agreed.

when available on tap..... I order it.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I'm in the middle of a growler of nut brown ale from Climax. If you haven't tried them, they are locally brewed in Roselle Park NJ. A few buddies of mine and i took a tour today and it was great, but a tasting at 12:30 put a kink in the rest of my day.

Fitz

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Put on our thinking caps? Holy **** - I just had a Catholic school flashback, Sister Borgo.

Strangely enough, my "goto beer" is Corona. A buddy once described it as "the Alka Seltzer of Life". Also, lots of good memories attached to it.

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    Put on our thinking caps? Holy **** - I just had a Catholic school flashback, Sister Borgo.

Strangely enough, my "goto beer" is Corona. A buddy once described it as "the Alka Seltzer of Life". Also, lots of good memories attached to it.
    LOL. Never goes away, does it, Q?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    LOL. Never goes away, does it, Q?
    no, but it makes it easier knowing that one of the nuns I had as a teacher in 8th grade HAS to be in hell right now. If there's any justice in the universe, that is.

Hall Of Fame
    local beers only for me - easy to say when we have the best IPA in the country, and I've tried them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    local beers only for me - easy to say when we have the best IPA in the country, and I've tried them all.

You didn't get tickets to their campout, did you? Though i guess if you're that close, why bother.
    No luck on my end, I guess only 150 tix total, sold out in a couple minutes.