Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: No tender for Jordan Shipley

  1. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wanted the Jets to draft Shipley out of college. Great hands, great moves in the open field, always advances the ball after catch. Very nice signing if the Jets can get it done.

  2. #22
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Me too.

    I really like Shipley, AND Amendola. I hate to be redundant, juvenile, or biased, but would it really make a difference with you know who throwing them the ball?
    I wouldn't mind the Jets picking him up for depth. Kick the tyres, that sort of thing. He has decent hands and could contribute...

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,174
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The Jets need some WRs who are over 6 foot. Holmes and Kerley are under 6 foot, in the WCO you need a couple guys over 6 foot on the outside.
    Throw some Gorilla Glue on Stephen Hill's hands and we'll be good to go...

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,654
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Well duh, I didn't say that is his natural position.

    He's ideally suited to play on the outside, but he has played snaps in the slot in the past and has been successful. The reason is because he is an excellent route runner.

    And Holmes does indeed have excellent short area quickness. I have no idea what you're talking about.
    I look at him and he seems hesitant working 10 yards and in, I don't know if he is looking to make sure he reading the zone correctly or not he just seem choppy.

  5. #25
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    E'Ville
    Posts
    1,241
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I look at him and he seems hesitant working 10 yards and in, I don't know if he is looking to make sure he reading the zone correctly or not he just seem choppy.
    Guy runs among the best slants in the game. See TD against Houston in 2010 and game-winners against Cleveland and Detroit that year as well.

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,222
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not that I dont think he is a good player, but its amazing that shipley is bouncing around unsigned while teams are gonna pay Amendola $5+ million a season.

    Shipley's rookie year - 52 catches 600 yards 3 Tds

    Amendolas best season - 85 catches 689 yards 3 Tds

    Same age, same weight, shipley is an inch taller and returns punts.

    Ill never understand some of this stuff.

  7. #27
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    That might have been his best game but the guy is solid in the return game. he may go back to SF on a vet min deal, but for 1 mill you get a 5th wr that is good in the return game.
    You mean except for the two fumbles he gad in the NFC championship costing the 49ers a chance at the SB? PASS.

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,654
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Not that I dont think he is a good player, but its amazing that shipley is bouncing around unsigned while teams are gonna pay Amendola $5+ million a season.

    Shipley's rookie year - 52 catches 600 yards 3 Tds

    Amendolas best season - 85 catches 689 yards 3 Tds

    Same age, same weight, shipley is an inch taller and returns punts.

    Ill never understand some of this stuff.
    He is bouncing around as he is just getting back into shape after his ACL injury 2 years ago. Not everybody comes back quickly the next year.

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,338
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    He is bouncing around as he is just getting back into shape after his ACL injury 2 years ago. Not everybody comes back quickly the next year.
    this was my first thought...but then i realized amendola has had a littany of injuries over the course of his career which somewhat balances it out. i think the poster you quoted makes a valid and interesting point. this is a case of what have you done for me lately, which is understandable.

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Ted Ginn's claim to Fame was beating Revis for a 53 yd td in the first 09 Jet game they won 31-27 and then 3 weeks later running back two kickoffs for td's in a 30-25 fin win.. Even Jason Taylor had a 48 yd fumble return for a td in that game..
    I think Ted Ginn's claim to fame will always be the absurdly high position that he taken in the draft by the Dolphins.

  11. #31
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,222
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    He is bouncing around as he is just getting back into shape after his ACL injury 2 years ago. Not everybody comes back quickly the next year.
    I agree, but he had the 2012 season to get back healthy - and believe me i see why he was unsigned then. But now, look at his last few games. He had 5+ catches in 3 of his last 4 games and averaged 8+ YPC.

    Amendola, is also very good, but has a similar injury history.

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,654
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I agree, but he had the 2012 season to get back healthy - and believe me i see why he was unsigned then. But now, look at his last few games. He had 5+ catches in 3 of his last 4 games and averaged 8+ YPC.

    Amendola, is also very good, but has a similar injury history.
    To me Amendola's history is worse. He suffers from being constantly dinged up for different injuries. Shipley is hurt by one severe injury. He is more talented than Shipley, but i rather have a guy on the field than in the tub.

    Amendola to me is a slightly more talented Endleman, who like Endleman can not stay on the field.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us