Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets will make resigning Mike Devito a priority

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    DEVITO needs to gain 15-20 more lbs if he wants to replace Pouha as the starter at NT. He was listed at 310 last yr but thats not cutting it. Jets have DE who is bigger (Wilkerson 6'4 320). Ur DE cant be Bigger then ur NT when u play 34 defense..
    Fergy was good as a NT and he was the same size as Devito..

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Hate the move. Coples should be the starter and we will most likely have to pay more for DeVito than backup money... not a bad player but not a difference maker anymore...
    Toally agree. I like Devito, but he's no where near being a priority on this team right now. Seems like the same stupid personel moves they've been making since the end of the 2011 season are continuing. This smells like a Rex request, Idzik has to know Devito is not worth more then backup money, on our team anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    If the Jets don't sign Devito, I can see BB and the Pats making a run at him.

Exactly the type of versitility that BB loves.
    You can have sloppy 2nd's!

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    True, but the game/players have gotten Bigger&Faster since Jason ferguson played last. OLmen were playin in there 280's & 290's back then.. Just about every1 is playin over 300+ lbs on the OL Now.. Jerguson wouldnt last long in the nfl playin NT at that weight. There might be a few NT's in the nfl playin at 305 but not many.. Thats all im sayin.. no biggie!!! Ferguson was the man back with Jets wen TUNA took command...

@ConorTOrr: Hearing that there are 6 teams that inquired about DT Mike DeVito, a free agent the #jets are interested in seeing come back.

Devito is just above JAG.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @ConorTOrr: Hearing that there are 6 teams that inquired about DT Mike DeVito, a free agent the #jets are interested in seeing come back.
    C Mart those 6 teams must be dumb! We have armchair GMs here who have proclaimed DeVito to be "just above JAG". How come those stupid teams do not know this? Maybe they should read JI to get real insight into our players from the armchaoir GMs.

Err I will take a guy with the heart of a lion on my team every time and beat other teams anywhere including the parking lot. He is obviously a great guy in the lockerroom too. WRECKS surely wants this man on our team and so do I.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    No he isn't.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post

Damn straight, for years after Fergy left NT was a turnstile on the Jets defensive line.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    What games have you been watching? Certainly not Jets games.

DeVito is an excellent run-stopping DE, ideal for the 3-4, with the versatility to play NT or DT in a 4 man line.

He's the kind of player the Jets need to keep. Interesting that he is the priority over Keller, Moore or Greene.

@DWAZ73: AP News - #Jets re-sign LB Josh Mauga to 1-year deal http://t.co/vtzaLsVwyS

@DWAZ73: AP News - #Jets re-sign LB Josh Mauga to 1-year deal http://t.co/vtzaLsVwyS
    ILB with speed!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post

DeVito is an excellent run-stopping DE, ideal for the 3-4, with the versatility to play NT or DT in a 4 man line.

He's the kind of player the Jets need to keep. Interesting that he is the priority over Keller, Moore or Greene.
    This

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I think the hope is to resign him, and cut Pouha and his 3.8 cap hit.. I'm actually surprised they haven't tried to reduce that hit already.. You'd think that if Ellis is healthy, he's going to have a major role on the DL this year.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    He is not a viable starting NT. He's a decent run-stuffing 3-4 DE and a good lockeroom guy that's it.
    Again, he's a very powerful man. He can play NT. I don't care about his size. He doesn't get pushed back or blown off the LOS. He's a bull.

All Pro
    Nice. A young, cheap fast back-up with experience who is an asset on specials. With him backing up Davis and Bellore behind Harris, the Jets have some decent depth and expeience at ILB.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Nice. A young, cheap fast back-up with experience who is an asset on specials. With him backing up Davis and Bellore behind Harris, the Jets have some decent depth and expeience at ILB.
    It's too bad he got injured last year - you have to think that he would have got decent minutes so we could have seen a bit more of him to see what we have.

I wonder if Bellore makes the squad.....

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    If the Jets don't sign Devito, I can see BB and the Pats making a run at him.

Exactly the type of versitility that BB loves.
    I have to agree with my Troll friend here. I truly hope the Jets are able to re-sign DeVito, a lunch pale versatile player.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I don't see the benefit. He always seemed over rated to me. Our DL is fine without him as long as we still have Pouha.
    DeVito is very steady and effective against the run. He's not flashy but he seldom lets you down. Pouha has recurring back issues and he doesn't seem to be the player he used to be.

The Jets NEED to lock up DeVito because he's solid at the position.