Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harrison says he'd been released

Harrison says he'd been released

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...4248--nfl.html

In all seriousness sign the beats. 34 and he isn't going to be making a lot in FA. We could use him as a quick patch while we are grooming 2 new guys. Fits our D and can still play good. Yeah not the monster he once was. If we can get for under 3 mil would be worth it IMO.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...4248--nfl.html

In all seriousness sign the beats. 34 and he isn't going to be making a lot in FA. We could use him as a quick patch while we are grooming 2 new guys. Fits our D and can still play good. Yeah not the monster he once was. If we can get for under 3 mil would be worth it IMO.
    He didn't want to take a pay cut in pittsburgh. I'm not sure he would take less to come here.

All Pro
    He's going to be signed by a team who's looking more for the namesake than production. Look for a team converting to 3-4 to take a stab at him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    He's going to be signed by a team who's looking more for the namesake than production. Look for a team converting to 3-4 to take a stab at him.
    Rob Ryan with the Saints may give him a shot..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    James Harrison has been released, already reported on rotoworld.com:

Steelers released OLB James Harrison.

The move saves $5.105 million in salary cap space. "It's been a great run but all good things must come to a end," Harrison tweeted. "Thank you Steelers Nation I will miss you all!" Jason Worilds is the top in-house candidate to replace him opposite LaMarr Woodley, but the Steelers may look to the draft for more help. Harrison is going on age 35 and increasingly injury prone, but he can still harass quarterbacks at a near-elite rate. He becomes the No. 3 outside-rush linebacker available in free agency, behind only Cliff Avril and Paul Kruger.

He'll get a shot somewhere but it won't be with the Jets unfortunately......
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 03-09-2013 at 01:13 PM.

Definitely worth a flier, as long he brings along his pharmacist.

harrison on a 1 year deal sounds like a great replacement for BT or pace. still need to draft an OLB though

sign this beast.

we could use an enforcer on defense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Yes, we are going to sign an over the hill linebacker who has no future while we are just starting our rebuild.

We need to open a second board. One for people like me who understand what is going on, and the other board for the clueless who open sign james harrison threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Yes, we are going to sign an over the hill linebacker who has no future while we are just starting our rebuild.

We need to open a second board. One for people like me who understand what is going on, and the other board for the clueless who open sign james harrison threads.
    yes somebody please make another board for joe w. namath to post in exclusively

Steelers would like to have retained him but he had a $10 million cap number this season and that was just too much. They tried to restructure him but there was no way to get it done.

Still a good player, not worth $10 million in 2013 to the Steelers, still a good player. Probably will sign for $5-ish somewhere soon.

@adbrandt: James Harrison will count almost $5 million on the Steelers Cap this year, while playing for another team.

All League

Lol, you read my mind. It's tough being a phenomenal poster. All pro, well educated poster.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    yes somebody please make another board for joe w. namath to post in exclusively
    No he can bring whole cool kids club with him.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Steelers would like to have retained him but he had a $10 million cap number this season and that was just too much. They tried to restructure him but there was no way to get it done.

Still a good player, not worth $10 million in 2013 to the Steelers, still a good player. Probably will sign for $5-ish somewhere soon.
    You mean he wasn't worth 5mil to the Steelers which is what they save by cutting him. I don't think he'll get 5mil anywhere. 3 mil and I might think pretty hard about signing him for 3 years. We have absolutely no attitude on this team anymore and no veteran presence at all at OLB. In fact we've had really no one at OLB with a mean streak. If we're bringing in two rookie OLBs he could push them, and push them hard.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    You mean he wasn't worth 5mil to the Steelers which is what they save by cutting him. I don't think he'll get 5mil anywhere. 3 mil and I might think pretty hard about signing him for 3 years. We have absolutely no attitude on this team anymore and no veteran presence at all at OLB. In fact we've had really no one at OLB with a mean streak. If we're bringing in two rookie OLBs he could push them, and push them hard.
    Well he certainly knows Rex Ryan's system pretty well by seeing it twice a year when Rex was with Baltimore, so there's a chance he may actually want to play in a Ryan system.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    We are young.

Veteran

Harsh ...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    We are young.
    Heartache to heartache

All Pro
    Harrison WAS a bad dude.

#3 best avail OLB seems like he would be not a good fit for the Jets salary issues. Jets have a big need at the position, but to dish out that kind of cash for an oft injured OLB is a risk.

Maybe he would sign a Landry type contract and we can rent him for a year until we rid ourselves of Sanchez and Holmes and their 49 million dollar cap #.