Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick offseason fix to bring a world champion year 1 under Itzik

Quick offseason fix to bring a world champion year 1 under Itzik

Draft : We will draft game breakers and a new qb. At pick number 9 we will draft Geno Smith if available.Use Revis as trade bait for additional picks and acquire a mid round pick.That pick is used on Tavon Austin.Now we already have a deadly attack.In free agency sign Jake Ballard.
    Offense : qb - Smith....wrs - austin,holmes,kerley,edwards te - ballard.Rb draft Kenyon Barner in the 3rd rd.Now we already built a deadly explosive air and ground attack. In free agency : Sign Kenny Phillips,and Osi Umenyora as we will have enough money as we traded Revis.Sign minimum deals with Charles Woodson and Rex Ryan's close friend from Baltimore Ed reed.We have now fixed everything with this team and only areas to address is depth via lower callibar draft picks and udfas.Easy fix.

Offensive line is stood pat as we have an athletic qb in Smith and still 2 pro bowlers and we don't need to fix it.Lb crew we still have Harris to patrol it and we will rely on pass rushing of Coples,Wilkerson,Umenyora like the Giants.Back end will be deadly with Cromartie,Woodson,Reed,and Phillips.

My opinion Kenny Phillips is the most underrated player and the best fa on the market.When he was healthy this year the Giants were a totally different defense that didn't allow many big plays.We have Cromartie as a shutdown cb,and Woodson as the opposite cb.Reed and Phillips as safeties ballhawking.Wilson is the slot cb.Our front line is dynamite with Osi,Coples,and super athletic Wilkerson who is now given room and freedom to rush the passer.

Jets Insider VIP
    dump

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    dump
    c'mon. The first 3 posts are by the OP. This is obviously a quality thread.

1 year champs here we come !!

I only signed 2 big contracts in Osi and Phillips.Revis allows you to do that.I signed good low salery contracts attracted by Rex Ryan and his defensive coaching.Tight end on the market who everyone forgot about is Ballard and we don't need Keller and that frees up more money.We draft 2 game breakers in Barner and Austin and we luck out with Smith.That's a very possible offseason and is not a dump.

I have a good feeling Woody will do anything he can this free agency to be contenders for the superbowl as it's in our stadium this year.Mark my words we will be big spenders and we will be big draft spenders this year as well.It's meant to be.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Tavon Austin will be a Top 20 pick... so unless you consider a "mid-round pick" top 20, this isn't even close to happening.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzershot18 View Post
    Tavon Austin will be a Top 20 pick... so unless you consider a "mid-round pick" top 20, this isn't even close to happening.
    Yes I meant trading revis for a mid first round pick.I also think Smith will drop to number 9 and teams will be scared to draft him because he is not as fast as rg3 and some of the other qbs that are athletic.

All Pro
    DUMP

Whatever you did in your Madden Franchise won't work here in reality.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    dump
    WOW.... An Sg3 post we can all agree with

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

This is going to be such a fun offseason.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    This is going to be such a fun offseason.

SAR I
    Judging by the amount of posters who've developed an extremely short memory regarding Rex, I'd say the fun is in full swing

I wonder if Itzik Izdik?

Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    I wonder if Itzik Izdik?
    As long as he's no Id-jit.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Monster with sneakers.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    Judging by the amount of posters who've developed an extremely short memory regarding Rex, I'd say the fun is in full swing
    It's insane, right?

We saw the writing on the wall towards the end of the 2010 season, saw it in full swing in 2011, and the nail hit the coffin in 2012. Yet they sit here and act like nothing's wrong, all is well, blame everyone except the head coach.

Used to make me mad. Now it just makes me giggle.

SAR I

Jets have to rebuild the next two seasons. The team is not even close to being competitive. They have no offensive firepower. The team struggled to score ten points against mediocre competition by the end of last season. Sanchez totally self destructed in 2012.
    Last edited by oldtimefan47; 03-09-2013 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It's insane, right?

We saw the writing on the wall towards the end of the 2010 season, saw it in full swing in 2011, and the nail hit the coffin in 2012. Yet they sit here and act like nothing's wrong, all is well, blame everyone except the head coach.

Used to make me mad. Now it just makes me giggle.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimefan47 View Post
    Jets have to rebuild the next two seasons. The team is not even close to being competitive.
    rebuild? rex signed the bus soon to be super bowl champs.