Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: 2 more days

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

2 more days

To start finally getting some concrete answers as to the Jets philosophy to rebuild. Although we will likely be pretty quiet in FA we should make a lot of moves in the coming weeks, some pretty significant that will shape the team to come. Been pretty boring the last 6 weeks looking forward to seeing what we do.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    To start finally getting some concrete answers as to the Jets philosophy to rebuild. Although we will likely be pretty quiet in FA we should make a lot of moves in the coming weeks, some pretty significant that will shape the team to come. Been pretty boring the last 6 weeks looking forward to seeing what we do.
    I would hope they could keep some of their own FAs; Landry, DeVito etc. I also would like to keep Revis, don't know if that is possible though.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    I would hope they could keep some of their own FAs; Landry, DeVito etc. I also would like to keep Revis, don't know if that is possible though.
    Revis is under contract. If he holds out, he's on the hook for 3 more years. I don't think he's going to be traded, just because the compensation the Jets are going to want they won't find, and no team is probably going to want to spend the amount of money on him that he wants.

If we keep anyone, I want to resign Landry. Love the way he plays.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Revis is under contract. If he holds out, he's on the hook for 3 more years. I don't think he's going to be traded, just because the compensation the Jets are going to want they won't find, and no team is probably going to want to spend the amount of money on him that he wants.

If we keep anyone, I want to resign Landry. Love the way he plays.
    I think a long term deal for Landry is too risky. It would have to be heavily incentive based and and not guaranteed for injury.

I do not see how the Jets do not trade Revis at this point. Only 2 options are trade now or lose to FA next year. Pretty easy choice honestly. I think the Jets will get reasonable compensation.