Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38

Thread: Quick offseason fix to bring a world champion year 1 under Itzik

  1. #21
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimefan47 View Post
    Jets have to rebuild the next two seasons. The team is not even close to being competitive. They have no offensive firepower. The team struggled to score ten points against mediocre competition by the end of last season. Sanchez totally self destructed in 2012.
    And don't forget our defense. See, the puffy stats against the worst teams in the NFL make the feeble-minded think we're Top 10 material.

    We are 1-11 against teams with winning records since 2010, the one win being Andrew Luck having a bad day. In all of those games, the defense is giving up huge yardage and ridiculous amounts of points.

    So, yes, our offense is brutal. But that was to be expected based on the lack of focus and talent on that side of the ball. The big shock, the big disappointment is just how bad the defense plays against good teams. They were given all the help in the world, all the draft picks, all the free agent money, all the cap, and they still couldn't make a dent- and that's with a defensive coordinator run amok as "head coach".

    Good job Rex.

    SAR I

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    And don't forget our defense. See, the puffy stats against the worst teams in the NFL make the feeble-minded think we're Top 10 material.

    We are 1-11 against teams with winning records since 2010, the one win being Andrew Luck having a bad day. In all of those games, the defense is giving up huge yardage and ridiculous amounts of points.

    So, yes, our offense is brutal. But that was to be expected based on the lack of focus and talent on that side of the ball. The big shock, the big disappointment is just how bad the defense plays against good teams. They were given all the help in the world, all the draft picks, all the free agent money, all the cap, and they still couldn't make a dent- and that's with a defensive coordinator run amok as "head coach".

    Good job Rex.

    SAR I
    rex and rob should just join ringling brothers circus already. sorry buddy.

  3. #23
    If we could afford to pay Woodson and Reed, our secondary would be scary, but that's not possible.

    I think trading Revis would actually hurt out salary cap situation this year.

  4. #24
    Does OP understand that there's this Salary Cap thing?

    dump

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    And don't forget our defense. See, the puffy stats against the worst teams in the NFL make the feeble-minded think we're Top 10 material.

    We are 1-11 against teams with winning records since 2010, the one win being Andrew Luck having a bad day. In all of those games, the defense is giving up huge yardage and ridiculous amounts of points.

    So, yes, our offense is brutal. But that was to be expected based on the lack of focus and talent on that side of the ball. The big shock, the big disappointment is just how bad the defense plays against good teams. They were given all the help in the world, all the draft picks, all the free agent money, all the cap, and they still couldn't make a dent- and that's with a defensive coordinator run amok as "head coach".

    Good job Rex.

    SAR I
    Not true at all. Defense is certainly still top 10 in the league. Much of the problems with the defense over the past couple years has been the offense's being so inept. Many of the points our D ha given up were either through the offense giving up TDs or putting our D in really tough spots with turnovers or an inability to stay on the field.

    Last year our D gave us a realistic chance to win pretty much every game, other than maybe the Pats Thanksgiving game. SF game look bad on paper, but the D held them in check and kept us in it for most of the game.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Not true at all. Defense is certainly still top 10 in the league. Much of the problems with the defense over the past couple years has been the offense's being so inept. Many of the points our D ha given up were either through the offense giving up TDs or putting our D in really tough spots with turnovers or an inability to stay on the field.

    Last year our D gave us a realistic chance to win pretty much every game, other than maybe the Pats Thanksgiving game. SF game look bad on paper, but the D held them in check and kept us in it for most of the game.
    This is a great point...on the other end of the spectrum is a defense like the Pats, where there offense makes it possible to tee off on opposing teams after grabbing big leads.
    There is a reason the Pats D is always at or near the top of the league in causing TOs.
    Our offense led the league in 3 & outs & points directly off TOs.
    Sanchez had 28 TOs & numerous pick Sixes. Special teams also had an off year leading to TDs like in New England.
    There is a cause & effect in the NFL, stats sometimes lie.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    This is a great point...on the other end of the spectrum is a defense like the Pats, where there offense makes it possible to tee off on opposing teams after grabbing big leads.
    There is a reason the Pats D is always at or near the top of the league in causing TOs.
    Our offense led the league in 3 & outs & points directly off TOs.
    Sanchez had 28 TOs & numerous pick Sixes. Special teams also had an off year leading to TDs like in New England.
    There is a cause & effect in the NFL, stats sometimes lie.
    Don't forget the massive amounts of turnovers Sanchez has had that resulted in " near pick 6" Sar doesn't want to add the amount of turnovers Sanchez has had in those games where his turnovers left the opposing O on the doorstep of a quick score.. Plus when we are behind we are obviously forced to throw..not good idea When mark Sanchez is your qb .. that means a lot more quick 3 and outs and lot more possessions by opposing team= lot more chances to score..

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    dump
    +1

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    I think trading Revis would actually hurt out salary cap situation this year.
    Yes, it does. Trading Revis COSTS US cap money this year as the remainder of his signing bonus accelerates into this year.

    Trade him and we may have to cut someone to absorb the extra cap hit.

    EDIT : here's the info direct from Jason's Jet Cap site :

    if the Jets trade him this season it adds $3 million onto the 2013 salary cap and if we fail to trade him and he leaves via free agency it will add $9 million in dead money onto the 2014 salary cap.
    http://nyjetscap.com/2013_Articles/j...cap-part1.html
    Last edited by JamesR; 03-10-2013 at 10:48 AM.

  10. #30
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    If you are going to.start a lame thread about our new GM bringing us a championship this season which even this koolaid drinking homer knows is impossible without plane crashes of the other 31 team.planes....

    At least start by spelling the new GM's name correctly, idjit

  11. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    If you are going to.start a lame thread about our new GM bringing us a championship this season which even this koolaid drinking homer knows is impossible without plane crashes of the other 31 team.planes....



    That desert sun is really screwing you up.

  12. #32
    This thread is so crazy it's not even funny. The Jets have not won a Superbowl yet in my lifetime. Yet we will win one next year?? Based on what we have seen the last year and a half? REALLY???

  13. #33
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Not true at all. Defense is certainly still top 10 in the league. Much of the problems with the defense over the past couple years has been the offense's being so inept. Many of the points our D ha given up were either through the offense giving up TDs or putting our D in really tough spots with turnovers or an inability to stay on the field.

    Last year our D gave us a realistic chance to win pretty much every game, other than maybe the Pats Thanksgiving game. SF game look bad on paper, but the D held them in check and kept us in it for most of the game.
    Our defense declined right in step with our LBs. Draft a couple good LBs and we will be able to overcome even a poor offense again. Give us an average one, and we'll be right back in contention.

  14. #34
    Geno is terrible and Austin is a midget.
    The Jets HAVE WRs. Need OL (2), OLB (2), real TE, RB, CB if Revis departs.

    No chance of a championship in the near future. 3 year rebuild minimum. Lucky to make the playoffs (not in 2013 though), maybe 2014.

  15. #35
    Guys I only signed 2 big guys that will affect cap,rest were low salery acquisitions.I traded revis and let Keller walk,which allowed me the money.Also look at the colts,seattle,redskins : you can rebuild in 1 year and be a contender.It's plan blasphemy that you can't contend in 1 year.

  16. #36
    Plus Idzik was part of the rebuild in Seattle in 1 year,so let's see what he can do.Maybe he will surprise us.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Our defense declined right in step with our LBs. Draft a couple good LBs and we will be able to overcome even a poor offense again. Give us an average one, and we'll be right back in contention.
    did you see we signed maugu if thats any indication of our starters we are in deep trouble.

  18. #38
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,074
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Yes, it does. Trading Revis COSTS US cap money this year as the remainder of his signing bonus accelerates into this year.

    Trade him and we may have to cut someone to absorb the extra cap hit.

    EDIT : here's the info direct from Jason's Jet Cap site :



    http://nyjetscap.com/2013_Articles/j...cap-part1.html
    They will not have to cut someone, it just leaves them with less for FA. IF the Jets know they can not sign Revis long term, then trading him is the only option. Letting him walk for zero compensation AND then adding the 9 million dollar hit is something the Jets can not allow to happen.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us