Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steven Jackson

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Steven Jackson

What do you think he would cost. He would definitely make us better for a couple years.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah...so would Percy Harvin, Greg Jennings, Mike Wallace, Welker, Osi, Bradshaw, maybe Urlacher, Woodson, Landry, and any other big name free agent you can list. THE JETS DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY THEM NOR IS THE CURRENT SITUATION APPEALING FOR THEM TO EVEN WANT TO COME TO NY! They are in rebuild mode. High-priced vets are not in the cards and simply do no make sense for the Jets.

Please just stop with this crap.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a great idea.

Let's create a new thread for every has-been who was a big name 5 years ago and talk about how he can "help" the Jets. Because, after all, the Ladanian Tomlinson, Brett Favre, Jason Taylor, Derrick Mason, and Plaxico Burress acquisitions went so well.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I have a great idea.

Let's create a new thread for every has-been who was a big name 5 years ago and talk about how he can "help" the Jets. Because, after all, the Ladanian Tomlinson, Brett Favre, Jason Taylor, Derrick Mason, and Plaxico Burress acquisitions went so well.

SAR I
    Done!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Easy

I asked how do you guys how much he would cost at 30. Every year teams go from garbage to playoffs bunch whiny pussies here

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ncjets76 View Post
    I asked how do you guys how much he would cost at 30. Every year teams go from garbage to playoffs bunch whiny pussies here
    No they don't every year. teams build for a couple of years and break out. They don't lose 1/2 the starters on the team that doesn't have a qb, or a #1 rb, and have thier best wr with a liz franc injury and sign a 5 mill a year rb and go to the playoffs.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a great idea.

SAR I
    Quoting for submission as post of the year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    No they don't every year. teams build for a couple of years and break out. They don't lose 1/2 the starters on the team that doesn't have a qb, or a #1 rb, and have thier best wr with a liz franc injury and sign a 5 mill a year rb and go to the playoffs.
    Troll worthy

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jackson was thinking bout hangin em up last i heard a couple months ago. jets have to draft a RB 1 way or another..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What do you think he would cost. He would definitely make us better for a couple years.
    Forget all the other hyperbolic (yet very true) replies you got...

Unless you've been an ostrich for the last 6 months with your head in the sand, then you know Jackson's looking to put a cap on his career via a 2 year stint with a contender. A win-now team. DEN. ATL. NE. aka not the JETS.

So forget it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't we as fans learned anything from the past?
    Leonard Marshall, Ronnie Lot, Steve Atwater, STOP IT!

Build this team through the draft & a few select players that are already here.
    Only use FA for value.
    Only when you are close to contending do you shoot for Superbowl with a big money FA.
    There are more FAs this year then teams to fill them all.
    Only a select few teams have big money to spend, Jags, Bucs, Vikes, Fins, but that money drys up fast when you sign the likes of a Wallace.

Sorry to say but this year the NY Jets will be like scavengers, feasting on the carcasses of FAs that no one wanted.
    But you never know how that might work out. An older vet LB to team up with Harris, Davis, Rookie might not be a terrible thing.
    As a fan I can get behind my team when they are all on the same page laying it on the line.
    What I can't stand are games like the Chargers game watching guys give up & play like complete azzwipes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    More than we can afford.

Plus after spending all those years with a struggling Rams franchise I would think he'd like to wind up with a contender.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Troll worthy
    Heavy handed, that's all. Why the most expensive rb in FA? Not a guy looking for a shot like Justin Forsett for the quick type or Jackie Battle for the power back guys that would fit what the jets can pay.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Haven't we as fans learned anything from the past?
    Leonard Marshall, Ronnie Lot, Steve Atwater, STOP IT!

Build this team through the draft & a few select players that are already here.
    Only use FA for value.
    Only when you are close to contending do you shoot for Superbowl with a big money FA.
    There are more FAs this year then teams to fill them all.
    Only a select few teams have big money to spend, Jags, Bucs, Vikes, Fins, but that money drys up fast when you sign the likes of a Wallace.

Sorry to say but this year the NY Jets will be like scavengers, feasting on the carcasses of FAs that no one wanted.
    But you never know how that might work out. An older vet LB to team up with Harris, Davis, Rookie might not be a terrible thing.
    As a fan I can get behind my team when they are all on the same page laying it on the line.
    What I can't stand are games like the Chargers game watching guys give up & play like complete azzwipes.

great post, The jets should be looking for pros that were underutilized or mis used in previous roles with other teams and see if Rex can fit them in and get more out of them that the previous team did.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Build through the draft .. Play young players to see who can play ... Do not sit them behind aging vets ... Period.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    So you think it would be a good idea for the Jets to spend $30MM+ on a 30-year old RB who has 2,400 NFL carries?

How would he make the Jets "better in the next couple of years"?

Take them from 4 wins to 5 wins?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    No way. I would rather re-sign a 27 year old Leron Landry and build through the draft and perhaps low budget FAs.

I think more realistic at rb would be Felix Jones. He is only 26 and would not cost too much.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    No way. I would rather re-sign a 27 year old Leron Landry and build through the draft and perhaps low budget FAs.

There is the correct answer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Heavy handed, that's all. Why the most expensive rb in FA? Not a guy looking for a shot like Justin Forsett for the quick type or Jackie Battle for the power back guys that would fit what the jets can pay.
    My response has nothing to do with Stephen Jackson

There is no way in hell the Jets should consider the player in any way...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a great idea.

SAR I
    I would agree with the exception of LT. Yes he was way too opionated. Still he was not a bad pick up. He played pretty well for the most part. I also agree, most of the guys people around here want us to pick up are absurd. I actually think the idea of SJ is not that crazy. He does have high mileage yes. I think if he could be brought on with a very cap friendly #. He still has enough gas in the tank to help us out short term. ( a year or two). If he wants big $ I would tell him forget it.