Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Get Warmack and Fluker and our O will be great without adding Skill palyers

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Get Warmack and Fluker and our O will be great without adding Skill palyers

Do whatever it takes to get these to Olinemen. Put them on the line with Fergy and Mangold and and we'll be good to go .

Warmack could be there at 9 and Fulker could fall into the 2nd. If we have to move up, we should.

A great oline, and this would be an elite oline, can make everything on O look so much better!!!!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be on board with OG and RT as our first 2 picks. When we took Brick and Mangold in the 1st this franchise changed for the better and went on a pretty long run.

We are not going anywhere this year. 4-8 wins tops. So we sure up our oline early in this draft. And then fill our other needs with BOP the rest of the way. Next years draft is where we can look for our franchise QB and we can still take one mid round this year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    I'd be on board with OG and RT as our first 2 picks. When we took Brick and Mangold in the 1st this franchise changed for the better and went on a pretty long run.

We are not going anywhere this year. 4-8 wins tops. So we sure up our oline early in this draft. And then fill our other needs with BOP the rest of the way. Next years draft is where we can look for our franchise QB and we can still take one mid round this year.
    You're right about Brick and Mangold. Also, I don't know if you're old enough to remember the Walt Michaels days. In consecutive years he used first rounders on Marvin Powell and Chris Ward ( the Book Ends). Walt was a big advoctate of building from the line out ( on both sides of the ball).

With Ward and Powell ( and waldamore, fields) Walt could put Long, Gaines, Derking or whomever at RB and they ran like all-pros..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    Do whatever it takes to get these to Olinemen. Put them on the line with Fergy and Mangold and and we'll be good to go .

Warmack could be there at 9 and Fulker could fall into the 2nd. If we have to move up, we should.

A great oline, and this would be an elite oline, can make everything on O look so much better!!!!
    Agree completely. Finding a franchise QB takes a lot of luck and we should continue to try but with a dominant o-line you can win without one.

There are qb's that can more easily be found that can be very good with good running game and time.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Agree completely. Finding a franchise QB takes a lot of luck and we should continue to try but with a dominant o-line you can win without one.

There are qb's that can more easily be found that can be very good with good running game and time.
    That line would compliment Greene so much ( if we keep him). We would totally wear out D's!. Say what you want about Greene, but he's a tough bruising runner...With that oline he'd run over defenders

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like this. Put Vlad as our TE in the heavy package, Brsylon and Hill at WRs, Tebow at QB and ground & Pound is back!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's pretty obvious the Jets need to concentrate on Oline in the draft because when Faneca and Woody were here the Jets went to two straight AFCCG's with Mark Sanchez at QB. That should tell you something about the importance of the men up front in this game.

I think the Jets follow the same path Pittsburgh took last season and go Oline in the first two rounds. Pittsburgh found out real quick no matter how good Big Ben is if you can't protect him you're an 8-8 team or worse.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're right about Brick and Mangold. Also, I don't know if you're old enough to remember the Walt Michaels days. In consecutive years he used first rounders on Marvin Powell and Chris Ward ( the Book Ends). Walt was a big advoctate of building from the line out ( on both sides of the ball).

With Ward and Powell ( and waldamore, fields) Walt could put Long, Gaines, Derking or whomever at RB and they ran like all-pros..
    They used to find Walt passed out and hungover monday am's in the laundry room.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like

Fast track version of the Niners, they would never do that, I would if I knew Revis were staying at a reasonable price. A D with Revis buys you time.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cannot win without the boys up front. Im in.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the situation:

Our WR situation is pretty good actually. We can go with Holmes, Braylon, Hill, and Kerley. Our QB situation will be better than last year with Garrard or Quinn behind Sanchez (or maybe even in front of him). Our RB situation will be okay if we can keep Greene now that the other RB's on the roster have some playing time. Our TE situation needs to be stabilized but I'm sure they'll get that nailed down shortly.

This leaves the biggest problem the Jets have right now, which is the offensive line. With Faneca and Woody they had one of the best lines in the league and were a top rushing team in the NFL. Sanchez was able to exist within that scenario, and the team went to two straight AFCCG's and missed the Superbowl by 5 points.

There are other areas on defense of course (LB and Safety) but the Oline needs to get FIXED because they basically ignored it for two solid years. The Jets will certainly address this in the draft. I'll be shocked if they don't take an Olineman in the 1st.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

100% agree with this post and vision that we should be taking with the OLINE! Look, the Steelers did it last year with DeCastro and the Tackle from Ohio State with their first two picks. Both players got experience last year and look set to take over for the veterans being let go.
    Warmack at 9 and Fulker in the 2nd would be awesome!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Clark Gaines was close to 5.0 per carry in '79. That was a great OL

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would love to bolster the oline with the first two picks. So next year when the Jets draft the new "franchise QB" he won't be shell shocked and broken by the end of his first year.

You win in the trenches.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait a minute! Nobody screaming that you don't draft Guards in the first round? Everyone on the same page? Cats and dogs living together?

This place is turning into a circle-jerk-fest. Now I have to go over to the pats board for my daily dose of drama.

Peace out!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Clark Gaines was close to 5.0 per carry in '79. That was a great OL
    Gaines still holds the Jet record for catches in a single game with 17..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Gaines still holds the Jet record for catches in a single game with 17..
    I remember that game, a loss against the 49ers.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Its not a bad idea at all. Several weeks ago I had Warmack and Fluker in my mock draft for the first and second rounds. A lot of people think Fluker will go late first, but I think he could slide to the second. He is not a LT in the NFL, he will make a great RT though. It is not a sexy pick, but one that would solidify the line for years to come. There are so many holes on this team right now that one draft and free agency season is not enough to fix them all.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Warmack is there @ #9 and we don't take him it will be Warren Sapp all over again. I wouldn't cry if he was gone and we ended up taking Cooper.

Not sure how I would feel if we took Fluker in the 2nd. I don't like his body and his feet looked awful at the combine. But when he puts on the pads he seems to get the job done and does it well. Has really long arms that will help make up for the poor feet.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    If Warmack is there @ #9 and we don't take him it will be Warren Sapp all over again. I wouldn't cry if he was gone and we ended up taking Cooper.

Not sure how I would feel if we took Fluker in the 2nd. I don't like his body and his feet looked awful at the combine. But when he puts on the pads he seems to get the job done and does it well. Has really long arms that will help make up for the poor feet.
    Mother Flucker will be happy as long as her boy gets drafted in day 1..