Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Get Warmack and Fluker and our O will be great without adding Skill palyers

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chris Faulk I think would have just as good of an impact and his ACL questions, (although he already is running so that is 6 weeks ahead of Revis) will push him down to the 4th, this will let the jets get one of the safeties where there may be good value at #40. In the early third a guy like Carradine, Lemonier, Collins
    may be found

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is weird to see everybody agreeing. I'm on board too.

This team would have stability on both lines...an ideal scenario for a rebuilding team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    While I think we can do better than Fluker, the problem with this (and i guess it could be seen as a good problem) is that if both players live up to their potential, you're talking about some mega contracts across the Oline. We'd never be able to afford DBrick, Mangold, Warmack and Fluker once extensions start.

You almost need a couple Austins and Slauses.

..And screw Fluker. We need to start talking EIFERT!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    While I think we can do better than Fluker, the problem with this (and i guess it could be seen as a good problem) is that if both players live up to their potential, you're talking about some mega contracts across the Oline. We'd never be able to afford DBrick, Mangold, Warmack and Fluker once extensions start.

Zach Ertz, Stanford TE, in the 2nd.

Problem is no QB.......yet.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in the "keep Keller" camp, but could definitely get behind Eifert if he's still there in the 2nd.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Wait a minute! Nobody screaming that you don't draft Guards in the first round? Everyone on the same page? Cats and dogs living together?

This place is turning into a circle-jerk-fest. Now I have to go over to the pats board for my daily dose of drama.

Peace out!
    Sorry to ruin the fun, but this would be atrocious use of the first 2 picks.

First off, austin howard is getting either a 1st or 2nd round tender because if he didn't, he would get a very solid contract. He is a young, inexpensive RT who is an excellent run blocker already. You dont draft fluker when he is your RT.

I am so tired reading on here about our Oline being a huge problem last year. First off, by advanced metrics (PFF i believe) we ranked in the top 10. Second, i hope people realize what a huge part the QB plays in the Oline and we have one of the least cerebral QBs in all of football. Sanchez routinely does not RBs to the correct side to pick up free rushers. He holds the ball too long and has extremely poor pocket presence which leads to unnecessary sacks.

We had a RB who was last in the league in yards after contact - is that the Olines fault?

Lastly, we had an OC who didnt even realize that against SD, they were playing man coverage and blitzing on EVERY PLAY. To combat that he did NOTHING. Facing a defense that telegraphed every blitz pre-snap, we ran a total of 1 screen pass and 1 misdirection (both went for 15+yards) - thats it. He did nothing to protect mcelroy or sanchez at all.

Drafting a Guard and RT would show a complete lack of understanding of the talent level on the team by Idzik and Rex

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

By the time Warmack and/or Fluker would be due for an extension (I think it is 5 yrs per new CBA, and you cannot touch a contract in the first 3 years) we probably will be looking to replace Brick and Mangold anyways if we had not done so already by then. They will be entering their 12th seasons at that point.

I like Eifert but he will not be there in the 2nd round. IMO he is a late first rounder. If they want they can either trade down (I think it might be hard to find a partner in this draft) or trade back into the 1st, but I think this is unlikely b.c they want as many picks as possible. We would be lucky to get him, the kid is going to be a good one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Zach Ertz, Stanford TE, in the 2nd.

Problem is no QB.......yet.
    Agree with others that our picks don't line up with where Eifert would be going and keeping Keller makes more sense...

I'd rather have Escobar over Ertz though.

And forget QBs. Its a wash till next year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If their was no cap this might be a smart move. The Cowboys won a lot of SBs with a star studded Oline. Since the salary cap, can anyone tell me the team that won the SB with a line full of 1st and 2nd round picks? Most of the best guards in the league are later round picks anyway. Of the top 10 OGs only 2 of them were drafted above the 3rd round. Who knows how good these guys are going to be.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait a minute! Nobody screaming that you don't draft Guards in the first round? Everyone on the same page? Cats and dogs living together?

This place is turning into a circle-jerk-fest. Now I have to go over to the pats board for my daily dose of drama.

Peace out!
    1 month ago most posters on this site would say you were retarded for wanting a Guard in Round 1.Now,your retarded if you think Warmack will make to the Jets at 9.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we're fine with Howard at RT. Jets need a Tight End who can BLOCK and give help.Most RT's need help when facing big-time pass rushers Fasano please.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Would like to see Jordan or ansuh at OLB

Ljr

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to disagree with the two picks. I want Warmack in the first, but we need to address our linebacker situation. Four major contracts on the line could be a problem in the future.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Disagree...

KC had one of the better offensive lines in the league last year and they were garbage offensively. It comes down to the QB position in this league... A good defense can win you some games, but the QB spot is by far the most important position.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    They used to find Walt passed out and hungover monday am's in the laundry room.
    Now that's coaching with style ...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I disagree too. If you are talking about last years Jets than maybe two OL in the 1st round would of made sense. But because there are way too many holes and because our current QB is terrible and cant hit the side of a barn yard door...I would try to fill in as many holes as possible. Whether its the draft or free agancy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Disagree...

KC had one of the better offensive lines in the league last year and they were garbage offensively. It comes down to the QB position in this league... A good defense can win you some games, but the QB spot is by far the most important position.
    just another reason why they're trying like heck to deal revis. then they'll have an extra high pick, and use one on a qb. i am, however, beginning to think they may actually go o-line in the first round, esp. if they're somehow able to trade back. taking warmack at 9 is tough, but taking him at 13-14 and getting an extra pick, and then still having extra picks from a revis deal, seems more appealing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    Do whatever it takes to get these to Olinemen. Put them on the line with Fergy and Mangold and and we'll be good to go .

Warmack could be there at 9 and Fulker could fall into the 2nd. If we have to move up, we should.

A great oline, and this would be an elite oline, can make everything on O look so much better!!!!
    Excellent post and IMO underscores just how foolish the Jets were concerning the OL and the Hunter fiasco for example....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drafting Warmack and Fluker would be a coup for the Jets.

Might as well stack the oline for the incumbent franchise QB they draft in 2014.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Peace out!
    Please tell me this was an intentional Ghostbusters reference. If so, bravo!