Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jarvis Jones has been cleared.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Jarvis Jones has been cleared.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8373/jarvis-jones

IMO this should be our pick at 9 over guys like Ansah. He is a legit stud and fits one of our major needs as a pass rusher.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He wont make it past the Browns

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's been at the top of my list since the beginning.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just cause he's been cleared, doesn't mean he's not been dropped a peg or two on boards. A lot can happen over the next 6 weeks. The best we can hope for is that things remain quiet on the Jones front, and he gets passed on for the sexy picks like Ansah, or Jordan

At this point, I'm pretty good about our pick (well as good as one can feel when the talent is thin at the top) It's hard to imagine a scenario in which Jones, Moore, Milliner, Warmack/Cooper don't land with the Jets. (or Eifert)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    He wont make it past the Browns
    Yes, he will. He's not going in the top 10.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Yes, he will. He's not going in the top 10.
    No he won't.

Teams are still talking to him, and the Browns have interviewed him. Mike Lombardi has already said how fond he is of Jarvis, and he's the new GM.

Jones to Cleveland is basically what's gonna happen

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    No he won't.

Teams are still talking to him, and the Browns have interviewed him. Mike Lombardi has already said how fond he is of Jarvis, and he's the new GM.

You can't believe anything a Gm says about a player before the draft. There is a lot of lies and mis direction going on. Maybe Lombardi wants some team to think he going Jarvis Jones. If he had real interest you wouldn't hear a word from him about jarvis Jones.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he is 100% cleared with no issues, he's the pick.

If there is one shred of doubt by anyone, pick Warmack.

One or the other.

I know Coples looks like we chose right after Irvin, etc. (in retrospect), but I don't want my heart broken again.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Theres no clearing and no 100 percent. Spinal stenosis is chronic. He's a 5-6 year guy. That's why he's not worth a top ten

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's amare , extended version.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    You can't believe anything a Gm says about a player before the draft. There is a lot of lies and mis direction going on. Maybe Lombardi wants some team to think he going Jarvis Jones. If he had real interest you wouldn't hear a word from him about jarvis Jones.
    He hasn't said anything about Jones recently. I'm talking about before he became the GM. He's been high on Jones for a while. Plus they interviewed him and he fills a need.

I'm just saying, 1+1=/=3

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No he won't.

Want to bet? As another poster pointed out, there is no "clearing." He has spinal stenosis. Nothing is going to change that.

If I'm remembering correctly, Marcus McNeill didn't give up any sacks in 43 games at Auburn and slipped to the second round.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Want to bet? As another poster pointed out, there is no "clearing." He has spinal stenosis. Nothing is going to change that.

If I'm remembering correctly, Marcus McNeill didn't give up any sacks in 43 games at Auburn and slipped to the second round.
    So 1 of you guys are going to be eating catpoop on draft day 😄

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I still maintained that in that draft the jets should have taken Cutler, Mangold and McNeil instead of Ferguson, Mangold and Clemens. When u don't have a QB, you draft that position 1st over any other position when a player Like Cutler is available. If i remember correctly, the Jets didn't have a QB heading into that season.
    Last edited by Tinstar; 03-10-2013 at 05:14 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jones is really the only passrusher that I care for at #9.

If it wasn't for the spinal stenosis, he'd be a lock for the Top 3.

Warmack or Jones and I'll be thrilled.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ADemas View Post
    Theres no clearing and no 100 percent. Spinal stenosis is chronic. He's a 5-6 year guy. That's why he's not worth a top ten
    I'd trade the 9 pick in the draft for a guy that will get us 10+ sacks a year for 5-6 years....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ADemas View Post
    Based on the Brigham Young report, they found no spinal stenosis at all. Apparently he was tested at USC following a stinger, which could create a temporary contusion. It was very likely a misdiagnosis, so I think you're incorrect re his value.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I still maintained that in that draft the jets should have taken Cutler, Mangold and McNeil instead of Ferguson, Mangold and Clemens. When u don't have a QB, you draft that position 1st over any other position when a player Like Cutler is available. If i remember correctly, the Jets didn't have a QB heading into that season.
    You are correct. Pennington was coming back from an injury, so there was a big question mark at the QB position.

Tannenbaum and Mangini were just starting out and they wanted to go with the "safe" pick. They didn't like Leinart. Cutler was seen as a reach, and there was a hole at LT. I would have taken Haloti Ngata.

Cutler has turned into a solid QB. He was really progressing nicely under Shanahan. He's been solid in Chicago. He's gotten his brains bashed in because of that ****ty OL.

If I'm the Jets, I'm taking a shot at EJ Manuel. Nice size, nice arm, nice accuracy, played in lots of games against good competition.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Jones has spinal stenosis then he would of never been cleared as 100% or even cleared to play football.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are correct. Pennington was coming back from an injury, so there was a big question mark at the QB position.

Tannenbaum and Mangini were just starting out and they wanted to go with the "safe" pick. They didn't like Leinart. Cutler was seen as a reach, and there was a hole at LT. I would have taken Haloti Ngata.

Cutler has turned into a solid QB. He was really progressing nicely under Shanahan. He's been solid in Chicago. He's gotten his brains bashed in because of that ****ty OL.

If I'm the Jets, I'm taking a shot at EJ Manuel. Nice size, nice arm, nice accuracy, played in lots of games against good competition.
    The Jets have an opportunity to correct the mistake that the Tanny/ Mangini front office made by taking the player everyone is saying compares to Jay Cutler. Tyler Bray is bigger has the same type of arm strength, not as mobile as cutler but has a quicker release.

I want 2 QBs from this draft . Either Tyler Bray or Zac Dysert and either Jeff Tuel or Sean Renfree. If you examine all these QBs you will realize that they are all your classic drop back pro style QBs.