Thread: Revis Trade Scenerio

Revis Trade Scenerio

Revis and the to the eagles for the 5th pick and Nick Foles.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Eagles hold the 4th pick overall...
    Foles an a 1 an we should all be pissed...

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=254393

Eagles should pursue Darrelle Revis

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20130310_Eagles_should_pursue_Darrelle_Revis.html

I have a gut feeling alot of people on this board are gonna be confused when we don't get alot for a injured cb who wants 16 million a year...

Regardless of Foles, if we got a 1 that high, you take it.

Quote Originally Posted by MagroCrag View Post
    I have a gut feeling alot of people on this board are gonna be confused when we don't get alot for a injured cb who wants 16 million a year...

I agree....
    If we don't get a lot we're going to let him play out his contract.

We'll likely get a 3rd comp. - so if the best offer is a 2nd we probably don't trade him, if it's a 1 in the top 20 - I think most fans would be happy.

I think the SF scenario is plausible too - SF's 1st, and the Chiefs 2nd.

Thinking of Madden scenarios like this is a waste of time.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I agree....

We'll likely get a 3rd comp. - so if the best offer is a 2nd we probably don't trade him, if it's a 1 in the top 20 - I think most fans would be happy.

The comp 3rd round is really a high 4th round pick since the compensatory picks are at the end of the round. Plus, there will be a 9 million dollar cap hit if Revis walks. Letting Revis play out his contract is probably the worst thing the Jets could do. I do agree that the Jets are not going to see multiple firsts so if they can get a deal with a first and third, they should jump on it.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by MagroCrag View Post

No, I would only be confused if we actually accepted such an offer ( not a lot )

If you get top value, you don't make a trade. And that means more than just a #1

I agree....

I believe we will get a late 1st for Revis ,the guy is coming off injury and there is good depth in the free agent market. The problems Revis brings to a front office is a major stumbling block. Even if a team signs him for 12 million per, the new gm will always be fearful of the new holdout. I also believe our new GM would prefer to make a deal sooner and to get on with the rebuild ,then have the stress and unneeded distraction of the Revis situation.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The comp 3rd round is really a high 4th round pick since the compensatory picks are at the end of the round. Plus, there will be a 9 million dollar cap hit if Revis walks. Letting Revis play out his contract is probably the worst thing the Jets could do. I do agree that the Jets are not going to see multiple firsts so if they can get a deal with a first and third, they should jump on it.
    Maybe I'm reading you wrong here, but how is there a 9 mill cap hit if Revis walks next year as an UFA?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    Maybe I'm reading you wrong here, but how is there a 9 mill cap hit if Revis walks next year as an UFA?
    He has 3 years of his prorated bonus that needs to be accounted for. Thats why if they trade him this year he counts an additional 3 million towards the cap.

@Jason_OTC: Another little consideration for a team thinking about acquiring Darrelle Revis http://t.co/8H2eAC1Szp #Jets

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @Jason_OTC: Another little consideration for a team thinking about acquiring Darrelle Revis http://t.co/8H2eAC1Szp #Jets
    I just read the article. Basically the team that trades for Revis could use that comp pick to offset their trade package to the Jets. So a first and third would essentially be just a first if the team lets Revis walk. So even as a one year rental, Revis still has a lot of value.

And that it is possible the Jets do not end up with any comp picks if they are active in free agency next season.
    Last edited by sec.101row23; 03-10-2013 at 01:22 PM.

I just read the article. Basically the team that trades for Revis could use that comp pick to offset their trade package to the Jets. So a first and third would essentially be just a first if the team lets Revis walk. So even as a one year rental, Revis still has a lot of value.

And that it is possible the Jets do not end up with any comp picks if they are active in free agency next season.
    Yup. And Jason's trade timeline for Revis.

http://www.nyjetscap.com/2013_Articl...-timeline.html

Hall Of Fame
    Yup. And Jason's trade timeline for Revis.

http://www.nyjetscap.com/2013_Articl...-timeline.html
    Based on that chart, before March 17th makes the most sense to me. Zero cash expenditure and have the entire cap hit this year. Try to make 2014 as healthy a cap situation as possible.

Based on that chart, before March 17th makes the most sense to me. Zero cash expenditure and have the entire cap hit this year. Try to make 2014 as healthy a cap situation as possible.
    Agree! So this should be the week. Whether it is? TBD!

Agree! So this should be the week. Whether it is? TBD!
    The big challenge to it happening this week is that even if the Jets find a trade partner - any team is going to want have a deal in place with Revis before the trade. I can't imagine Revis and his agents will make the process easy

All Pro
    The big challenge to it happening this week is that even if the Jets find a trade partner - any team is going to want have a deal in place with Revis before the trade. I can't imagine Revis and his agents will make the process easy
    They'll likely want to know his health too ... guy just had major surgery and hasn't run since.

Would never happen.

A second and a Foles, with a Day 3 pick thrown in, however is very realistic.

All Pro
    eagles, broncos, 49ers and seahawks... all in the mix

49ers and seahawks have the most to offer