Thread: Jarvis Jones given medical all-clear

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Jarvis Jones given medical all-clear

This dude would look great in Green and White

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...medical-report

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would absolutely LOVE to have him fall to us and he would HAVE to be the pick if we really do want to get the best possible pass rusher put of this class. That being said, I can't see any teams really passing on him if he checks out alright. God I hope so though. Jones is an absolute animal.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That report was by his doctor, not each team's doctors. The team's doctors are the only ones who matter. Regardless I hope he has a wonderful and safe career.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    That report was by his doctor, not each team's doctors. The team's doctors are the only ones who matter. Regardless I hope he has a wonderful and safe career.
    +1

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    U can find OLB gems alll thru the mid rds.. No Namer's turn into Good players under Coaches like Rex who loves Defense... Draft is Loaded with 34 ILB's/ 34 OLB's/ U can even turn DE's into 34 OLB's! WHY TAKE ANOTHER VGHOLSTON CHANCE WITH UR 1st RD PIC. FOOL ME ONCE SHAME ON U FOOL ME 2WICE SHAME ON MEEEEEEE!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    U can find OLB gems alll thru the mid rds.. No Namer's turn into Good players under Coaches like Rex who loves Defense... Draft is Loaded with 34 ILB's/ 34 OLB's/ U can even turn DE's into 34 OLB's! WHY TAKE ANOTHER VGHOLSTON CHANCE WITH UR 1st RD PIC. FOOL ME ONCE SHAME ON U FOOL ME 2WICE SHAME ON MEEEEEEE!
    Gholston can't be the reason you decide against drafting other OLB's for the 3-4 defense. Most OLB in college are to small to play OLB in the 3-4, so the run on DE's in college that have the agility and foot speed to play OLB will always be a preference because they have the size to lineup and rush and follow TE's around the field.

All of that said, I hope they sign Loadholt from the Vikings to and then draft Warmack. We need to retool on the offensive side of the ball first and formost. You can get a 3-4 OLB in the 2nd round. Warmack may be the best player in this draft and the fact that he's reps a position of need should put him ahead of any other need.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Gholston was an undersized DE. Jarvis is a 3-4 OLB, as is Jordan. Love to have either of these guys. I'm always leery of taking someone that high that you have to project into the position.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would be delighted to have him here, but I will cringe every tackle he makes. One bad hit and its a first round pick up in smoke.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jordan, Ansah, Jones.

If we wind up with either at nine we'll be very happy with the OLB position. Just say no to Bustkavious Mingo. Product of an extremely strong line.