Thread: Go after Jake Ballard instead of throwing money at Keller

Go after Jake Ballard instead of throwing money at Keller

Ballard was a big piece of the Giants superbowl team and Bennett didn't have the big catches at te that he had.He has great hands and catches everything and blocks,plus he would come cheap 2 years after the acl.But remember he was never a big time seperation guy anyway.Just throw the ball up to him and he gets it.

Going after Ballard instead of Keller saves us money to target other areas.

This is going to be interesting..

Do you understand that Ballard is still ERFA? and that he belongs to the Patriots?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Do you understand that Ballard is still ERFA? and that he belongs to the Patriots?
    Go easy on CookieMonsta, I think he is a young kid.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Go easy on CookieMonsta, I think he is a young kid.
    No problem, I wasn't sure if he was a kid or was hitting the sauce.

No problem, I wasn't sure if he was a kid or was hitting the sauce.
    So you're saying Ragu is a little kid?

Don't try to lock up Keller- that will be a huge mistake, plain and simple. Since we offered Cumby a tender, there's less of a reason to keep Keller- they're similar players, we could use a better blocking TE right now.

Ballard is currently under contract with the Patriots for the 2013 season and a RFA after this season. I am sure they will trade him for Revis.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    Ballard is currently under contract with the Patriots for the 2013 season and a RFA after this season. I am sure they will trade him for Revis.
    Umm, who put up the Pastryhomerville signal? Pretty sure patman cleared up Ballard's contract status.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Umm, who put up the Pastryhomerville signal? Pretty sure patman cleared up Ballard's contract status.

Isn't that image getting a little overused by you? Or is it because you like looking at male's members swaying back and forth so much.

And patman didn't clear up Ballard's contract status because he was wrong. Ballard is not a ERFA. He is still under his rookie contract.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    Ballard was a big piece of the Giants superbowl team and Bennett didn't have the big catches at te that he had.He has great hands and catches everything and blocks,plus he would come cheap 2 years after the acl.But remember he was never a big time seperation guy anyway.Just throw the ball up to him and he gets it.
    Agreed. He def would come cheap due to the injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    Isn't that image getting a little overused by you? Or is it because you like looking at male's members swaying back and forth so much.

And patman didn't clear up Ballard's contract status because he was wrong. Ballard is not a ERFA. He is still under his rookie contract.
    no, I am not wrong- per ESPN at the time of the signing

The Patriots now own Ballard's rights, and inherit his one-year, $540,000 contract. He will be an exclusive-rights free agent after this season, meaning the Patriots will control his rights heading into the 2013 season.

He was originally signed as a rookie free agent and given a one year deal, he was not a drafted player who got a multiyear deal.

no, I am not wrong- per ESPN at the time of the signing

The Patriots now own Ballard's rights, and inherit his one-year, $540,000 contract. He will be an exclusive-rights free agent after this season, meaning the Patriots will control his rights heading into the 2013 season.

He was originally signed as a rookie free agent and given a one year deal, he was not a drafted player who got a multiyear deal.
    Ok, maybe I am wrong.