Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: giants sign cullen jenkins.

giants sign cullen jenkins.

Cross one item off the Giants’ to-do list: Re-stock their defensive tackle position.

The Giants scooped up defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins tonight, agreeing to terms with the Eagles castoff on a three-year deal worth $8 million, with $3 million guaranteed, a person with knowledge of the deal confirmed. That person requested anonymity because the Giants have not announced the specifics of his deal, first reported by NFL Network.

The Giants had a need at the position after parting ways with Chris Canty last month. Jenkins, who was cut by the Eagles two weeks ago, has been a starter for most of his career -- including his two seasons in Philadelphia.

Jenkins -- the younger brother of former Jets nose tackle Kris Jenkins -- won a Super Bowl during his seven seasons in Green Bay, where he started his career.

Jenkins, 32, indicated he was nearing a deal early this evening, writing on his Twitter account, “Next chapter beginning??? I think so.” About an hour later, the deal was done.

Jenkins visited the Giants a week and a half ago, and then made a West Coast trip with stops at the 49ers, Seahawks and Raiders. Jenkins is a versatile lineman with experience in both 3-4 and 4-3 systems and should fit in well with the Giants’ unit.

Jenkins will join Linval Joseph, Shaun Rogers, Marvin Austin and Markus Kuhn (rehabbing a torn ACL).

Jenkins was free to sign with any team after being cut, so his deal was one of the few completed this weekend. The NFL is currently in a “negotiating window” before free agency officially opens Tuesday.

The Giants had just more than $10 million in salary-cap space before the signing. They still need to address their tight end and left guard positions -- Martellus Bennett and Kevin Boothe are both free agents -- as well as linebacker, back-up quarterback and kicker.

Super Bowl

Hall Of Fame
    No need for a separate thread for every little signing. There is already a free agent thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    Cross one item off the Giants’ to-do list: Re-stock their defensive tackle position.

The Giants scooped up defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins tonight, agreeing to terms with the Eagles castoff on a three-year deal worth $8 million, with $3 million guaranteed, a person with knowledge of the deal confirmed. That person requested anonymity because the Giants have not announced the specifics of his deal, first reported by NFL Network.

The Giants had a need at the position after parting ways with Chris Canty last month. Jenkins, who was cut by the Eagles two weeks ago, has been a starter for most of his career -- including his two seasons in Philadelphia.

Jenkins -- the younger brother of former Jets nose tackle Kris Jenkins -- won a Super Bowl during his seven seasons in Green Bay, where he started his career.

Jenkins, 32, indicated he was nearing a deal early this evening, writing on his Twitter account, “Next chapter beginning??? I think so.” About an hour later, the deal was done.

Jenkins visited the Giants a week and a half ago, and then made a West Coast trip with stops at the 49ers, Seahawks and Raiders. Jenkins is a versatile lineman with experience in both 3-4 and 4-3 systems and should fit in well with the Giants’ unit.

Jenkins will join Linval Joseph, Shaun Rogers, Marvin Austin and Markus Kuhn (rehabbing a torn ACL).

Jenkins was free to sign with any team after being cut, so his deal was one of the few completed this weekend. The NFL is currently in a “negotiating window” before free agency officially opens Tuesday.

The Giants had just more than $10 million in salary-cap space before the signing. They still need to address their tight end and left guard positions -- Martellus Bennett and Kevin Boothe are both free agents -- as well as linebacker, back-up quarterback and kicker.

If the Jets wanted him it would of cost them 18 million with 6 million guaranteed but the Giants get him on a deal. Years of doing things wrong had caught up with the Jets big time. It's overpay or no play for the Jets right now!

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    No need for a separate thread for every little signing. There is already a free agent thread.
    blow me.

what about all the revis threads and the threads naming every player in the nfl who anyone thinks we should sign or speculate on.

get a life and do me a favor scratch my ass while you're riding it.

Hall Of Fame
    blow me.

what about all the revis threads and the threads naming every player in the nfl who anyone thinks we should sign or speculate on.

You really are the worst poster around here aren't you? Congrats.

You really are the worst poster around here aren't you? Congrats.
    and you troll and hi-jack the most threads here. congrats to you too!

Jets Insider VIP
    blow me.

get a life and do me a favor take pictures of me sucking a turtle's veiny penis
    Uh...

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Uh...
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    If the Jets wanted him it would of cost them 18 million with 6 million guaranteed but the Giants get him on a deal. Years of doing things wrong had caught up with the Jets big time.It's overpay or no play for the Jets right now!
    What proof do you have that players don't want to come here aside from what Mike fatcessa brainwashed you into thinking.

blow me.

Serious question. When you get banned AGAIN what new screen name are you planning on using.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Serious question. When you get banned AGAIN what new screen name are you planning on using.
    LOL...I am pretty sure "I have fake PSLs" is available.

smart move, especially if Shaun Rogers can get back to top form. Giants have shown that a top-rate QB and pass rush is all you need to win a Super Bowl.

blow me.

I agree. This is worthy of a thread. I hate not seeing headline news when I enter the forum. I do t want to have to sift through a thread that has a thousand posts by SAR and people arguing his nonsense.

They got him for a huge bargain

The Giants ALWAYS get good players for cheap. Jenkins, Keith Rivers for last year... very frustrating across town.

Solid pick up. Going to make their pass rush even better now..

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    I agree. This is worthy of a thread. I hate not seeing headline news when I enter the forum. I do t want to have to sift through a thread that has a thousand posts by SAR and people arguing his nonsense.
    thanks alot i too feel the same way. others see things differently and thats ok. i respect the decisions of the mods to merge,dump or delete any posts they feel arent rule abiding.

Crazy value, gotta respect the way Giants do business.

LOL...I am pretty sure "I have fake PSLs" is available.
    Funny