Thread: If the Jets trade Revis?

If the Jets trade Revis?

Since the 2013 Jets will be in cap hell, would it be crazy to go with an OLB at 9 & take a flyer on Tavon Austin with one of the Revis draft picks?

Holmes will not be a part of the 2014 Jets, & with a year under his belt in Martys
    System, Austin fills so many holes, KR, PR, 4th receiver in a 4 receiver set,
    Holmes, Kerley, Hill, Austin.
    He can be used on reverses, out of the backfield fake handoffs, pretty much Marty could scare the hell out of opposing defenses moving Tavon around.

When you have cap issues you need versatile players & what player in this draft is more versatile than Austin?
    You could go OLB
    Austin
    OG
    RB
    For S & Gs imagine the jolt Austin & Christine would give this offense?
    Holmes- Hill- Kerley- Austin - Christine - Powell- Cumberland- (Ballard as a FA)
    That is a pretty decent group going into our 1st year of our rebuild.
    Plus we would still have 5 more picks.
    This draft will be a lot of fun. There are so many ways the Jets can go if they trade Revis. Be interesting to see what they're plan will be.
    In Idzik we trust, I like this guys calm demeanor compared to Tannys over caffeinated jumpy self promoting style.
    We need someone with a plan, that does not get distracted from that goal.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Since the 2013 Jets will be in cap hell, would it be crazy to go with an OLB at 9 & take a flyer on Tavon Austin with one of the Revis draft picks?

Holmes will not be a part of the 2014 Jets, & with a year under his belt in Martys
    He can be used on reverses, out of the backfield fake handoffs, pretty much Marty could scare the hell out of opposing defenses moving Tavon around.

When you have cap issues you need versatile players & what player in this draft is more versatile than Austin?
    You could go OLB
    Austin
    OG
    RB
    Holmes- Hill- Kerley- Austin - Christine - Powell- Cumberland- (Ballard as a FA)
    This draft will be a lot of fun. There are so many ways the Jets can go if they trade Revis. Be interesting to see what they're plan will be.
    In Idzik we trust, I like this guys calm demeanor compared to Tannys over caffeinated jumpy self promoting style.
    I am all in with this plan especially if we get Jarvis Jones.

All Pro
    I wouldn't want to spend a 1st / early 2nd round pick on a 4th WR, regardless of how versatile he is.

If we go WR that early I want a guy who can be a #1 / #2.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    I wouldn't want to spend a 1st / early 2nd round pick on a 4th WR, regardless of how versatile he is.

If we go WR that early I want a guy who can be a #1 / #2.
    So your saying that Tavon Austin is a 4th WR??? LMAO

How do you figure that?

Veteran

You could go OLB
    Austin
    OG
    RB

Haven't you heard? Izdik is the worst GM the jets ever had.

:
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Haven't you heard? Izdik is the worst GM the jets ever had.
    Yeah according to SAR almighty

All Pro
    Austin fills so many holes, KR, PR, 4th receiver in a 4 receiver set,
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    So your saying that Tavon Austin is a 4th WR??? LMAO

How do you figure that?
    I was just replying to the original poster ...

Oh ok...Im guessing he means running a 4 receiver set...Austin has the potential to be a very good #2 who is also a dangerous punt returner/gadget play guy.

My thought was use him as a 4th in 2013 to get his feet wet in the offense until we are able to let Holmes go.
    You might think I'm crazy regarding Austin but he would get more touches in 2013, than any other WR in the draft.
    Kick returns, Punt Returns, 4 receiver sets, line up in backfield on 3rd down, he is a weapon.