Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kyle Orton

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Let's connect the dots here, but as usual with the Jets, it will lead you off a cliff. Orton is better than Sanchez. Orton was beaten out by Tebow in Denver. Tebow is on Jets, but doesn't get chance. Why even bother considering Orton?
    Denver is Denver and it has nothing to do with NY. Rex Ryan wants a real pocket passing QB, not some gimmick. Tebow is a gimmick. Orton is a real live pocket passing QB. The differences are obvious and huge.

Just because John Fox was too interested in winning in the short term to realize that the long term health of the organization doesn't involve Tim Tebow, is not Rex Ryan's fault. Rex Ryan did what was best for the organization last season.

The best thing for the Jets does not involve Tebow as QB.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    I will bet you $1000 that the Jets win more than 3 games next year, do you want to take that bet? cause you sure as hell r so sure we will suck next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    i'm with you and want in on this
    Be careful. Near the ned of last season, there were "folks" on here who swore up and down that, no way, the Jets would win only six games.

If Sanchez or Tebow are at the helm, I don't think we win three games. The League knows those two saps suck and can orchestrate a defense to confuse them in about three minutes.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Denver is Denver and it has nothing to do with NY. Rex Ryan wants a real pocket passing QB, not some gimmick. Tebow is a gimmick. Orton is a real live pocket passing QB. The differences are obvious and huge.

Just because John Fox was too interested in winning in the short term to realize that the long term health of the organization doesn't involve Tim Tebow, is not Rex Ryan's fault. Rex Ryan did what was best for the organization last season.

The best thing for the Jets does not involve Tebow as QB.
    orton was terrible with MUCH better players at RB and decker and thomas-he was dreadful that is why tebow got the ball-how do you think orton will look throwing to wrs that are MILES below what denver had -orton and b quin are about the only guys I would start sanchez over

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kmsurfs2000 View Post
    orton was terrible with MUCH better players at RB and decker and thomas-he was dreadful that is why tebow got the ball-how do you think orton will look throwing to wrs that are MILES below what denver had -orton and b quin are about the only guys I would start sanchez over
    HUH? Did you watch Suckchez play QB last year? He was rated 31 or 32 out of 32. He was laughbale. He was sorry! He was awful! He needs a new team to contaminate or build his confidence with. The guy has NO poscket presence and is as inaccurate as can be. He'd make Jerry Rice in his prime look bad! I'd rather take a chance with Orton and McElroy plus a kid QB in the draft then go through another year like last year with built-in excuses: Its a new system; his receivers are bad; the run game sucks; the play calling is bad! ad nauseum!
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 03-11-2013 at 04:49 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    and when Orton and McElroy beat out Suckchez, do we pay him 8 million to hold a clipboard?
    McElroy couldn't beat himself in camp. If he is even on this team I'm calling for a new GM. Only on the JETS can a 3rd string cancer make the roster.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    HUH? Did you watch Suckchez play QB last year? He was rated 31 or 32 out of 32. He was laughbale. He was sorry! He was awful! He needs a new team to contaminate or build his confidence with. The guy has NO poscket presence and is as inaccurate as can be. He'd make Jerry Rice in his prime look bad! I'd rather take a chance with Orton and McElroy plus a kid QB in the draft then go through another year like last year with built-in excuses: Its a new system; his receivers are bad; the run game sucks; the play calling is bad! ad nauseum!
    yes sanchez was awful-I would be fine if the jets dumped him but orton is worse-he had better players to work with and failed something awful

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    makes logical sense

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Tebow is a goner and it's not even worth mentioning anymore. They are going to sign a vet option such as Garrard (and I would really like Orton as well) and then draft a guy. Everything is suggesting that direction.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd much rather have Orton over Garrard any day.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Orton will still get like 4+ mil from someone. He and Fitz where friends back in the day. Could very well see him starting in Zona.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    makes logical sense
    my thoughts exactly

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    no

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Calling Tebow a proven winner on the basis of one season is just like calling Marky Mark a proven winner on the basis of his two successful seasons. Denver had a strong surrounding team that often carried Tebow, just like our running game & strong D carried Sanchez in his first two years.

When the surrounding talent dries up, you realise that it was surrounding an average (at best) QB. And average does not win championships.
    Better yet blaming Woody for Tebow failing here. That's the best. It wasn't that he showed so little in practice that players and coaches realized he sucked and had no confidence in him. It ess the owners fault for getting him here and should be blamed that be added nothing to the Jets.