Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Orton

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    I think Tebow will be ultimately let go as he is too much of a distraction. If they can sign Orton I think they can just have a 3 way competition with Sanchez and Mcilroy.
    and when Orton and McElroy beat out Suckchez, do we pay him 8 million to hold a clipboard?

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    and when Orton and McElroy beat out Suckchez, do we pay him 8 million to hold a clipboard?
    Yes

Hall Of Fame
    Orton might be a little rich for the Jets this year. I have to imagine he is looking for money similar to Matt Moore. Doubt you can get Orton for less than 4 million per year.

Note that I want Tebow gone as much as I think anyone else out there. I was depressed for like 2 weeks after they picked him up, and then never really "got over it" until...well....never.

But regarding the "distraction factor" with Tebow, I was thinking about that a while back and I think that's huge and freaking awful on fans. Count the Tebow posts on this site since he came on board. This is a guy who took a couple snaps a game and ran straight forward for 1 yard. Big freaking deal. Yet we talked endlessly about him.

But how bad is it on the team? I guess it's bad on the team on the field hearing Tebow chants by the vocal minority in the crowd? And then I think there were anonymous sources both in Denver and here who said he stunk and was overrated.

So I think he may be distracting to the team, but I think we may be overstating it a little since he is fookin' AWFUL on the fans.

Regarding this thread, man we've now heard Garrard, Brady Quinn, Orton, even Jamarcus Russell briefly. Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue....

Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    I don't think its fortunate or unfortunate personally. I'm open to keeping him so long as the Jets are prepared to go all in with him and not get cute. If they let him go I'm perfectly fine with that as well.
    The Jets brought in a west coast OC. The one offensive system Tebow COULD NEVER master is a west coast offense. There is ZERO chance they "go all in" with Tebow.

I don't think they will cut Orton, but with that said, Orton probably should've been a Jet after he was waived by the Broncos.

Jets Insider VIP
    Nobody will get you 7 to 9 wins in a season like Kyle Orton. He is the king of mediocrity.

We are striving to be excellent. And that will happen after a brutal 3-13 season and #1 qb in next years draft.

There would be nothing worse for this franchise then to sign kyle orton and eek of 6 or 7 wins this year.

Let's connect the dots here, but as usual with the Jets, it will lead you off a cliff. Orton is better than Sanchez. Orton was beaten out by Tebow in Denver. Tebow is on Jets, but doesn't get chance. Why even bother considering Orton?

he could not win in denver and tebow did with the same team-um no thanks would rather tebow start over orton

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Let's connect the dots here, but as usual with the Jets, it will lead you off a cliff. Orton is better than Sanchez. Orton was beaten out by Tebow in Denver. Tebow is on Jets, but doesn't get chance. Why even bother considering Orton?
    Peyton Manning is all time great QB. Peyton couldn't win playoff game with Broncos. Tebow won a playoff game with Broncos. Tebow is an all time great QB.

Am i doin it right?????

Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    I heard that the Cowboys will be cutting a few players today in the effort to get below the cap prior to the start of free agency. One of the players might be Kyle Orton and I think the Jets should jump on it. He would be the best option right now and would be a good stop gap for the next 2 years.

Also since this is such a weak QB class maybe we can afford to pass on drafting a QB with a high pick and hopefully strike gold with a QB in next years draft. Thoughts?

Some of the other cowboys that might be dropped include DB Scandrick, LB Dan Connor, G Nate Livings, and DT Jay Ratliff.
    I would like that also as a stopgap. Kyle Orton can easily light up the scoreboard on any given day. So long as you don't put the outcome of the game on his shoulders, he can take good care of the football and he certainly won't lose it for you. He's an established veteran QB and exactly what the Jets need to create competition at the QB spot. That said, there's NO WAY Sanchez would ever be the starter again. Orton would easily beat him out.

In fact, I think he would probably be the best option we could hope for in the short term. Count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    The Jets brought in a west coast OC. The one offensive system Tebow COULD NEVER master is a west coast offense. There is ZERO chance they "go all in" with Tebow.
    see post on Marty's comments on his system. There isn't 0 chance until Tebow is off the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    see post on Marty's comments on his system. There isn't 0 chance until Tebow is off the roster.
    What do you think anyone from Jets camp will say until Tebow is off the roster?

Idizk talking to random GM: "I know my new OC just said that Tebow COULD NEVER play in his system, but please still give me a conditional 6th round pick for him."
    Random GM "LOL, we will just wait until you cut him"

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Orton might be a little rich for the Jets this year. I have to imagine he is looking for money similar to Matt Moore. Doubt you can get Orton for less than 4 million per year.
    Yep, that's the concern. In a thin FA market for QBs, some desperate team (Bills maybe?) will probably overpay him. Jets are not going to outbid anyone for a player in this year's FA. We just don't have the money

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    I cannot believe it took two pages before someone made this point.

Rex Ryan has destroyed this team and made some fans so punch drunk that they are desperate for any kind of change even if it makes no sense whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Nobody will get you 7 to 9 wins in a season like Kyle Orton. He is the king of mediocrity.

We are striving to be excellent. And that will happen after a brutal 3-13 season and #1 qb in next years draft.

There would be nothing worse for this franchise then to sign kyle orton and eek of 6 or 7 wins this year.
    I will bet you $1000 that the Jets win more than 3 games next year, do you want to take that bet? cause you sure as hell r so sure we will suck next year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    I will bet you $1000 that the Jets win more than 3 games next year, do you want to take that bet? cause you sure as hell r so sure we will suck next year.
    Well tell me then, how many games are we going to win next year?

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    What do you think anyone from Jets camp will say until Tebow is off the roster?

Idizk talking to random GM: "I know my new OC just said that Tebow COULD NEVER play in his system, but please still give me a conditional 6th round pick for him."
    Random GM "LOL, we will just wait until you cut him"
    You clearly didn't hear the comments I'm referring to. Check out Marty's interview regarding his overall system from last week.

This is the latest on Tebow. For the record, I'm not arguing that we should or shouldn't keep him. I'm just saying it's not necessarily a foregone conclusion he's gone yet. Will they try to trade him? Probably. Will he be cut? More than likely. I'm just reacting to actual comments not speculation. They could just as easily say nothing, it isn't a requirement to speak publicly although we've become accustomed to that around here the last few years.

New Jets OC Marty Mornhinweg says Tim Tebow will be "taking reps at quarterback."
    The suffering season is back upon Jets fans. "The man can play football," Mornhinweg said, in a factually correct statement. "So how do you utilize him will certainly be the key. ... The gut instincts are real important and he certainly has that." Why Tebow is even still on the Jets roster remains a mystery, but they are going to treat him as a quarterback while he's still there. It's doubtful anyone else will, however, meaning Tebow should be released once all trade options are exhausted. Tebow's NFL future is bleak, but it would be nonexistent if he somehow stayed in New York.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    I cannot believe it took two pages before someone made this point.

Rex Ryan has destroyed this team and made some fans so punch drunk that they are desperate for any kind of change even if it makes no sense whatsoever.
    Precisely this!!!

Thank Goodness we have a professional GM running the show!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    i'm with you and want in on this